The Academy Awards are film's biggest night. Find out what channel the 2012 Oscars are on here.
The ceremony -- which will take place in Hollywood's Kodak Theater as it has since 2001 -- will be broadcast live on ABC, beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern/4 p.m. Pacific on Feb. 26. To determine which channel is ABC on your cable provider, consult channel information for Time Warner Cable, DirecTV, Dish and Comcast, which is available on their Web sites.
Featuring a showdown in the Best Actor category between Brad Pitt and George Clooney, and Billy Crystal returning as the host, the night promises to be one of the best Oscars in recent memory.
This year's Academy Awards are the 84th, and there are plenty of thrills to be expected, as once again there are 10 films up for Best Picture this year, though for decades there were only five nominees for the top prize.
Many of Hollywood's biggest stars will be presenting at the 2012 Oscars, including Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Tom Hanks and Angelina Jolie.
To read more about the nominees for this year's Oscars, visit this link.
A timeline of many of the key events of the 2012 Academy Awards is listed below:
- Dec. 27, 2011 - Nominations ballots mailed
- Jan. 13, 2012 - Nominations polls close 5 p.m. PT
- Jan. 24, 2012 - Nominations announced 5:30 a.m. PT, Samuel Goldwyn Theater
- Feb. 1, 2012 - Final ballots mailed
- Feb. 6, 2012 - Nominees Luncheon
- Feb. 11, 2012 - Scientific and Technical Awards presentation
- Feb. 21, 2012 - Final polls close 5 p.m. PT
- Feb. 26, 2012 - 84th Academy Awards presentation