Blizzard has been slowly dishing out new details on its upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria. The game with focus on the Pandaren race from previous releases, and it looks like fans might be seeing Mists of Pandaria sooner than they expected.
With beta testing now underway and new character revelations from the developers, gamers have plenty to look forward to. Here's a recap of the top five things players should know about Blizzard's current project.
1. More achievements. Mists of Pandaria will be full of new achievements to entice players. So far, four of these new incentives have been leaked, according to WoW Insider. One is called the Soul Savior, which is rewarded upon defeated Lillian Voss without allowing her soul to reach 24 percent health in Sholomance on heroic difficulty. Players earn the Mosh Pit title after a combination of eight players and Scarlet Defenders get caught up in Armsmaster Harlan's Blade of Light on heroic difficulty.
2. Female Pandarens revealed. Blizzard has released images of the upcoming female Pandarens. There isn't much to say about her. She looks like a female version of the Pandarens we've already seen, wrote Game Informer's Kyle Hilliard.
3. Classes get cool updates. Information was released about the classes including the Druids, Shaman, Warlocks and Monks. Druids will be seeing five new glyphs: the Glyph of Stars, Glyph of the Orca, Glyph of the Chameleon, Glyph of the Stag and Glyph of the Tree. For Shaman classes, level 90 talents will be available in Mists of Pandaria. Warlocks will receive two new glyphs as well, the Glyph of Felguard and the Glyph of Eye Kilrogg.
4. Dungeons and challenge mode. The game is said to launch nine heroic dungeons, with four of them already previewed at a press event earlier in the month. The Temple of the Jade Serpent, Stormstout Brewery, Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery have been revealed, according to Wow Insider. Each new heroic dungeon will also include a challenge mode.
5. Another character slot. Players will be given an additional character slot for monks. Players without the Mists of Pandaria expansion will be restricted to only 10 character slots, while those with the update will have 11.
The release date for Mists of Pandaria has yet to be announced, but with beta access underway fans may not have to wait too long. For those itching to play, check out these leaked videos below.
The Wandering Isle
Valley of the Four Winds
The Jade Forest
Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance Dungeons