Whitney Houston's funeral is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 18, in her hometown of Newark, N.J. Fans gathered outside the church to set up a memorial tribute to the beloved singer. Celebrity attendees including Tyler Perry, Kevin Costner, Clive Davis and Dionne Warwick are among those scheduled to speak. Ray J and sister Brandy have arrived along with Jesse Jackson and Bobby Brown. Aretha Franklin was scheduled to attend but cannot due to illness.
The funeral services are scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. EST/9:00 a.m. PST on Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark. Click here to find out which channel will offer live coverage of the funeral and where you can watch a live stream online.
Fans took to Twitter on Saturday to express their condolences and offer a final goodbye to legendary Whitney Houston. The messages were beautiful reminders of the impact Houston had on so very many lives.
- How do you say goodbye to Whitney? I still can't believe she is gone- she had a voice of a angel that touched everyone
- God gave her that voice and she graciously shared that voice with us! That's a gift!
- Watching Whitney Houston's ceremony#whitneyCNN, such an influence on my childhood and youth, forget the mistakes, God Rest your Soul Honey
- I won't miss a minute of this funeral..#truefan#whitneycnn
- At Times Square, watching people watch Whitney Houston's Funeral.
- Whitney proved that you can make amazing music, & make everyone sing without being derogatory.
- Whitney Houston will be terribly missed! She was a gift to the world from God! Gone but never forgotten! Lord, We Look To You!
- I will never 4get this day. Whitney..U lived, u learned & we listened. Preparing 4 Whitney's services
- I'll miss her because she is monumental and her talent was a true gift to the world. My prayers go out to her family & friends.
- Watching the#whitneyhouston funeral on@cnnits nice to see such a respectful program so far, rest in peace Whitney
- All those beautiful voices in one place is just amazing will have you crying
- So hard to believe she is gone. A beautiful woman. God bless her family and comfort them now.
- It hadn't really hit me till now but I'm really feeling the loss of such a great artist. R.I.P. Whitney.
- Sad day today laying to rest a music legend..Whitney may be gone but her legacy will never be forgotten
- Never saw her struggle but saw her strength. I thank God for allowing us to borrow her. She was such an amazing strong woman!
- Why is it the impact of someone's life, not truly felt until their death. Whitney, you were my icon. I will always love you.
- The greatest never duplicated often imitated but never ever captured. For bless. Never more.
- A beautiful angel called home by God. May her legacy live forever. We will always love you Whitney.
Whitney Houston's death was a shock to the music world. The singer was found dead in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton Hotel room on Feb. 11. A cause of death has not yet been determined. Houston leaves behind a daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown.