Celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D and makeup artist Jeffree Star are in a major feud — and no one knows exactly why. While Kat Von D first garnered fame through reality TV, not everyone is as familiar with Star. Some facts to know:
1. He has been into makeup since he was 13 years old. “I used to copy looks from fashion ads in my mother's Cosmopolitan magazines and steal her eye shadows,” he wrote on his website.
2. Star launched his makeup line, Jeffree Star Cosmetics, in 2014. “It's been a dream of mine since I discovered my first lipstick, to create and own my very own brand,” Star said. “My goal is to create products that do exactly what they say and that actually last!”
3. He plans to rival Kylie Jenner’s beloved matte lip kits next. “I love lips, so I wanted to make the most light weight liquid-to-matte lipstick on the market! I'm already creating new colors that will be out shortly!!” Star said on his website. “Also, regular lipsticks, lip scrubs, highlighters, and eye shadow palettes are being developed next!”
4. Star’s products are cruelty-free. “Makeup is for humans, not animals. We have also researched our manufactures and know 100 percent they don’t affiliate or get ingredients from places that are not cruelty-free!” his website reads. “Our makeup is manufactured in Los Angeles with no imported ingredients.”
5. He is becoming a social media star with more than 2 million Facebook followers. “Oh my god I just hit 2 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!” he tweeted Monday. “Insane. Love you guys.”
While Von D accused Star of being racist and a bad role model, the makeup artist said their relationship fizzled because Von D was jealous he launched his own makeup line. “Kat and I texted a few days ago after 6 MONTHS of silence. She never supported me or my brand and got distant when I launched mine,” he wrote early Tuesday morning. “She accused me of something that wasn't true, so I told her to f--- off and then blocked her number. Not that juicy of a story, sorry.”
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella