The uncle of Kayla Gomez-Orozco, a Texas girl who has been reported missing since last Tuesday, was jailed Saturday after police found the remains of her body inside of a water well located on a property near Bullard, Texas, close to where he lives.

Gustavo Zavala-Garcia, the victim's 24-year-old uncle, was the only suspect in the 10-year-old girl’s death, Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith said during a Sunday press conference. Kayla Gomez-Orozco was last seen attending church in the city of Bullard, which is in Smith County, Texas, about 100 miles southeast of Dallas, Texas, CBS News reported.

 Zavala-Garcia was being held in the Smith County Jail without bail on an immigration hold, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The Amber alert issued by Smith County police at about 1 a.m. Wednesday announcing that the 10-year-old was missing was withdrawn at 8:30 p.m. Saturday after her body was found on the property nearby the church and where Zavala-Garcia’s home is.

Kayla Gomez-Orozco’s elementary school hosted a prayer vigil Sunday evening where hundreds of people, including her family, teachers and classmates all dressed in her favorite color—pink—to say an emotional goodbye to their friend, a local newspaper reported.

Along with joining in singing “Amazing Grace” and lighting candles in her honor, Kayla Gomez-Orozco’s father, Efrain Gomez, issued a tearful speech to the crowd of mourners, thanking the community for the love and support they gave to his family through this tragic time, using the help of a translator.

"When she disappeared for four days, hundreds and hundreds of people gathered together to help find her, to console the family, to pray together," Efrain Gomez expressed through a translator, "Every day was a precious day with her." 

Justice and closure for Kayla Gomez-Orozco’s loved ones will be “swift and thorough,” said Sheriff Larry Smith at the Sunday press conference, according to the New York Daily News.

“There will be no stone left unturned as we enter the next phase of our investigation,” said Smith.

Smith declined to release a cause for death, saying the circumstances surrounding her disappearance along with any possible motive for the grizzly act remain unclear.