I'm sure most "Scandal" fans were genuinely surprised to learn this week that their beloved Olivia Pope -- or Kerry Washington in real life -- secretly tied the knot.
Though your mind can easily get carried away thinking about the details of the June ceremony -- I'm pretty sure the effortless fashionista made for one gorgeous bride. Another question may have popped into your head upon reading the news, "Who exactly is Nnamdi Asomugha?" -- I mean, other than the luckiest man alive.
San Francisco 49ers fans and NFL devotees may be able to answer this question with ease. But for those of you more versed on television show premiere dates than the details on pro-athletes, below are 10 facts you might not know about Kerry's second half.
1. 31-year old Asomugha was born in Louisiana but grew up in Southern California where his parents chose to relocate after leaving Nigeria.
2. The footballer has also tried his hand at acting, starring in the television series "The Game" as well as brief spots on "Friday Night Lights" and "Leverage.
3. He created the Asomugha College Tour for Scholars program. Through the program he takes San Francisco Bay area student on an all-expenses-paid college tour to several cities. All they must do is meet his set GPA and leadership requirements.
4. Asomugha has a degree in corporate finance from the University of California-Berkley.
5. He just signed with the 49ers earlier this year after playing with both the Oakland Raiders and the Philadelphia Eagles.
6. Asomugha serves as chairman of his family's charity, the Orphans and Widows In Need Foundation. Through the organization they offer financial assistance, medicine, shelter and food to both orphans and widows in Nigeria.
7. He is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. He pledged the historically black Greek letter organization while at the University of California-Berkley.
8. Growing up, his favorite clothing item was a "purple Magic Johnson jersey from the Los Angeles Lakers." He told SUCCESS that he wore the jersey "every day" until it no longer fit him.
9. He is a three time Pro Bowl player.
10. And here's the final kicker, he wasn't publicly known to be dating Kerry until, well, the news of their marriage was announced. Rumors had swirled around about the pair for around a year, though.
Treye Green is a reporter for The International Business Times and a recent graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Green has shot, edited and...