Unfortunate news for Miranda Lambert fans. Those hoping to catch the singer on her Keeper of the Flame tour this weekend in Texas won’t be seeing the “Over You” singer grace the stage because the tour has been canceled.
Lambert hasn’t addressed the cancellation on social media, but Rolling Stone reported that she was forced to ax three shows — in Corpus Christie, Austin and San Antonio — under doctor’s orders. The outlet reports that Lambert was placed on mandatory vocal rest and can’t sing. The canceled shows were initially scheduled for Sept. 15, 16 and 17.
So far, it’s not been announced whether the shows will be rescheduled but fans can get a refund by returning to the original point of purchase. A message on Lambert’s website states that purchases made by phone or online will be “refunded automatically.”
Lambert’s tour has been full of surprises for fans, including appearances by her boyfriend Anderson East and a cute little proposal. During a show in Maine last month, Lambert brought East onto the stage to help her and her opening act, Brothers Osborne and Kip Moore, sing a cover of Janis Joplin’s “Me and Bobby McGee.” “Hold up, we’re missing a singer,” Lambert told the crowd (via Taste of Country). “This is my boyfriend, Anderson East, y’all.”
During another show last month in New Jersey, a very cute little 6-year-old fan named Sebastian proposed to Lambert. The “Vice” singer accepted, but there was one catch: he had to wait 25 years. “I forgot to tell you something really important, though,” she told the audience during her show. “I got engaged today! There’s a little 6-year-old boy her named Sebastian. He asked me to marry him. I said yes, in 25 years.”
Lambert also shared a photo of her ring and the moment Sebastian popped the question on her Instagram page. “I said YES! But he has to wait 25 years,” she wrote in the caption. “This sweet boy Sebastian is a little gentleman #pinkring #proposal #mademyday #jersey #spreadthelovetour.”