Spring is officially here! And we all know what that means.
Temperatures are slowly moving from miserable to manageable, spring cleaning has commenced in many homes and those gym memberships are again being put to use -- because that summer body won't build itself.
But no matter how you're kicking off the new season, a few words of encouragement should help you tackle your goals. And in honor of spring's return, we've gathered 20 quotes on new beginnings, fresh starts and the beauty of this time of year.
1. You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming. - Pablo Neruda
2. It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart. - Rainer Maria Rilke
3. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. - Seneca
4. Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" - Robin Williams
5. People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. - Rogers Hornsby
6. No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. - Hal Borland
7. Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. - Doug Larson
8. From the end spring new beginnings. - Pliny the Elder
9. With the coming of spring, I am calm again. - Gustav Mahler
10. For every person who has ever lived there has come, at last, a spring he will never see. Glory then in the springs that are yours. - Pam Brown
11. Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day. - Elizabeth Bowen
12. Spring is God's way of saying, 'One more time!' - Robert Orben
13. Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses, a box where sweets compacted lie. - George Herbert
14. The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. - Harriet Ann Jacobs
15. I love feeling the crispness of fall and the sensuality of spring. - Christopher Meloni
16. A hush is over everything, Silent as women wait for love; The world is waiting for the spring. - Sara Teasdale
17. I look forward to spring cleaning and putting things in their place. It's therapeutic for me. - Kimora Lee Simmons
18. I do hope that our spring will be starting shortly and we will all be able to enjoy some sunshine again. - Lesley Garrett
19. I love better to count time from spring to spring; it seems to me far more cheerful to reckon the year by blossoms than by blight. - Donald G. Mitchell
20. Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June. - Al Bernstein