Everybody loves Facebook stats especially the number of fans a page has.
As of July 2011, Facebook has more than 750 million active users. Users may create a personal profile, add other users as friends, and exchange messages, including automatic notifications when they update their profile.
It’s a famous fact, that PR is one of the few forms of marketing thriving during the recession. However, people have learned to ignore advertising everywhere.
Since Facebook Pages Service launched in late 2007, they have become the easiest way for brands to start marketing on Facebook. In fact, lots of social media marketing companies struggle to get anybody to pay attention to the Facebook pages they build for the purpose.
Here are the world's 10 most popular Facebook pages:
1.Facebook (48,288,871 Fans): The Facebook Page on Facebook earns around 95,025 new Likes a day. Links for just about everything on Facebook as well as a slightly gushy tab of stories in every imaginable topic showing how wonderful Facebook apparently is.
2. Eminem (42,957,378 Fans): Eminem now has more Facebook Likes than any other living person. He overtook Lady Gaga as the most-liked living person on Facebook. This page is about his latest record front.
3.You Tube (41,355,501 Fans): With just under 41 million users more than 5 percent or 1 in 20 Facebook registered users like You Tube.
4. Lady Gaga (40,298,045 Fans): Her 40 million fans make Lady GaGa the second most popular living person on Facebook with their own page which is some going considering she's fairly new to the whole scene. If it wasn't for pictures of meat dresses it would be pretty similar to all musician pages with links to music, photos, press stuff, and a store.
5. Rihanna (40,181,967 Fans): Robyn Rihanna Fenty better known as Rihanna is an R&B recording artist. Rihanna has become the second female artist to reach 40 million likes on the popular social networking website. It is the 5th most popular page on the site.
6. Michael Jackson (37,802,683): Michael Jackson might be dead but that's not affected his popularity anyway. The page itself is pretty standard although it does include a lot of pictures and a Discography as well as the official Sony Michael Jackson store.
7. Shakira (36,588,425 Fans): Shakira, named among the top five celebrities with the most friends on Facebook, positioned herself among artists such as Eminem, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Michael Jackson.
8. Texas Hold'em Poker (35,375,113 Fans): With just under 35 million users, more than 4 percent Facebook registered users like the Texas Hold'em Poker page. If you're like the average Facebook user, who has 130 friends, then this means that 5 or 6 of your friends will be a fan of this page. This is actually a fan page for the Zynga Texas Hold'em Poker game.
9. Family Guy (34,744,919 Fans): Family Guy is ludicrously popular with 34 million Fans. There's a link to watch full episodes for US users.
10. Farm Ville (32,493,270 Fans): FarmVille is a farming social network game developed by Zynga. It is a clone of Farm Town, and is similar to older games such as Harvest Moon. Gameplay involves various aspects of farm management such as plowing land, planting, growing and harvesting crops, harvesting trees and bushes, and raising livestock.