Hotels that combine service, technology and comfort have topped a list of the world's best business hotels with the winners offering their guests those added extras that can make all the difference to a trip.
Readers of travel magazine Travel + Leisure ranked hotels on a list of services and amenities to come up with their 20 top business hotels, part of the publication's annual World's Best survey.
Some offered free Internet access and a 24-hour business center, some had rooftop pools, while one had an award-winning Gordon Ramsay restaurant. Free parking was also a plus.
Boston's The Eliot had touch-screen monitors for guests to order room service and print boarding passes. The Peninsula Hong Kong transported one guest in a Rolls Royce and treated her to tea upon arrival.
This list (here hotels-2009/1) is not endorsed by Reuters. :
1. Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt, Buenos Aires
2. Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei
3. St. Regis, Shanghai
4. XV Beacon, Boston
5. Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong
6. The London West Hollywood, West Hollywood
7. Eliot Hotel, Boston
8. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas
9. Sofitel Shanghai Jin Jiang Oriental Pudong, Shangai
10. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
11. Peninsula Hong Kong, Hong Kong
12. Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai
13. Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, Dallas
14. Intercontinental Buckhead, Atlanta
15. St Regis, Beijing
16. Peninsula Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills
17. Mandarin Oriental, New York
18. Conrad Centennial, Singapore
19. Four Seasons Hotel, Buenos Aires
20. Ritz-Carlton Central Park, New York