Surveillance video of the night Kenneka Jenkins died at a Rosemont, Illinois, hotel last week did not show her walking into a freezer, family lawyer Larry Rogers Jr. told the Chicago Tribune Friday.

“Despite requests for all evidence, we have received only snippets of video, none of which shows Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer,” the statement said. “The family has not been provided any video or other evidence of Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer.” Rogers added: “Serious questions remain as to how she ended up in a Crowne Plaza Hotel freezer and why it took a day and a half for the hotel to find Kenneka.”

Conspiracy theories about how Jenkins died swirled on the internet after police claimed Jenkins walked into the freezer, where she was found dead more than 24 hours after she went missing. Even though amateur sleuthes claimed Jenkins was killed, police said it was not a homicide investigation.

The lawyer’s statement goes against what Chicago activist Andrew Holmes said a day earlier. He claimed he saw the surveillance video and that it showed Jenkins walking into the freezer alone.

The 19-year-old’s mother, Tereasa Martin, wasn’t happy with what Holmes said. Martin claimed foul play is suspected in the death of her daughter.

Despite Holmes saying there wasn’t anything suspicious about Jenkins’ death, Martin didn’t buy it. “They were too hush-hush at the hotel,” she said at a protest, according to the Tribune.

“He came out of the blue and acting ... like he was a friend,” Martin said about Holmes. “But he calls me this morning and says, ‘Oh the hotel is not making any money. I think you need to go online and stop the protest.’”

The information Holmes gave about Jenkins in a press conference earlier in the day was false, she said. “Whatever happened is going to come out,” a protestor told Martin.

Another activist, Jedidiah Brown, apologized to Martin for apparently attending the press conference with Holmes.

“If there is no foul play and there is no cover up, there is no reason to deceive the citizens of the city,” Brown told Martin, according to the Tribune. “I apologize for being a part of that press conference. But what I need for you to do is to call for the citizens of Chicago to be out here every day until she gets justice she deserves.”

“A certain young activist is coming to kick my a-- I understand.... I’m still at Crown Point........ waiting!” Brown tweeted Thursday. “We had one day of real unity, the light was shinning... DAMN.”

A cause of death for Jenkins was not immediately known. The autopsy report was still pending.

This is a developing story. Please check back for more updates.

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella