A toddler died while attempting to save his pet dog from a house fire in Arkansas on Saturday evening.

According to reports, the toddler, identified as Loki Sharp, had escaped the devastating blaze. However, he ran back into the home to rescue his pet dog. The toddler and the canine died in the blaze.

In a Facebook post, Kurtis, the boy’s father said, “I just wanna stop here and say never take your children for granted. Cherish every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know your in a better place!!!!"

He added that he “lost everything” in the blaze, including his son, dog and home.

Confirming that the canine too succumbed to burns, Kurtis said, “Please keep us high in your prayers tomorrow as we will be going to the funeral home to get our precious baby boys funeral and burial all set up!!!'

Meanwhile, a Facebook page was created to raise money for the family.

“One of our dear representatives lost everything in a house fire. Not only did they lose their belongings but also a precious child. The last thing we want the family to worry about during this very difficult time is money. Most importantly please pray for this family,” the page read.

Speaking to local daily the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Gentry Fire Chief Vester Cripps said the blaze was believed to have started by an electrical fault and that investigation was ongoing.

Mother Of 3 Shares Miraculous Story Of Surviving A House Fire In this photo, a firefighter tries to put out a fire in 'La Hune' book shop in the Saint-Germain-des-Pres district, Paris, Nov. 16, 2017. Photo: Getty Images / Karim Daher