As Americans from the mid-Atlantic up through the Northeast prepared for the first major storm of the winter, many couldn't help but notice the name the Weather Channel bestowed on it: Jonas. Memes of the pop group the Jonas Brothers exploded on the internet this week as teenage fan girls dreamt of a snowstorm of pop idol love. Whether you're safe at home, driving in your car, or typing away in an office, here are a few of the band's best jams to keep you warm during the storm.
5. “Mandy” A deep track of the Jonas repertoire, if you will, “Mandy” tells the classic tale of a friendship-turned-romance. As an added bonus, the lyrics reference another great pop group of the era, “S Club 7.” And Nick Jonas’s voice has not yet dropped in this recording.
4. "Jealous" This track might be from the solo album of Nick Jonas when he’s all grown up, but it is a dance-worthy jam that will lift anyone's spirits on a gloomy winter's day. Dancing around also serves as a good cure for any stir-craziness induced by being forced to remain inside for possibly days on end.
3. "Love Bug" It's an oldie but a goodie. This 2009 love song and its accompanying retro music video are classic Jonas. "I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again," the trio croons, "hopeless, head over heels in the moment." Featuring actress Camilla Belle, the storyline allegedly sparked a real-life romance between Belle and Joe Jonas.
2. "S.O.S." Hopefully no one will find themselves in an actual emergency during the storm, so instead listen up to the brother group croon about AIM. For those born after the year 2000, AIM was an instant messaging service, credited with the rise of such abbreviations as LOL and TTYL.
1. "Burning Up" Apart from being a catchy song, its message will be a reality for apartment-dwellers everywhere who are turning are their radiators for the first time. Happy winter, and Jonas on.