Only one-quarter of the countries around the world have national strategies to deal with antibiotic resistance.
Storms are threatening to bring more flash floods to rain-soaked parts of the southern U.S., where five people have died and thousands have been evacuated.
Africa Day marks the anniversary of the formation of the African Union and is celebrated each year on May 25.
China says its campaign against "violent terrorism and religious extremism" in the restive northwestern region is winning public support.
Authorities do not believe Air France Flight 22 is in immediate danger.
First Minister Peter Robinson was admitted to a Belfast hospital Monday after an apparent heart attack.
Construction workers, the elderly and the homeless make up the majority of the 539 fatalities reported so far.
- Taiwan President To Propose Plan For South China Sea
- Philippines Seeks Stronger US Backing In Dispute Over Territory
- Tunisian Soldier Who Slays 7 Shot Dead
- Turkish Ruling Party May Lose Majority In Election, Polls Show
- About 100 US, European Jets Begin Arctic Exercise Near Russia
- Iran To Allow 'Managed Access' To Military Sites
- Loan Recovery Eludes India's Banks Despite Strong Economic Growth
- Turkey, US Agree On Air Support Of Syrian Rebels, Official Says