Despite massive protests over the weekend calling for his ouster, the Malaysian prime minister has refused to step down, rejecting all allegations against him.
Earlier on Monday, police announced they had found bomb-making materials in a second apartment near where the main suspect of the Aug. 17 bombing was arrested.
Concerns about an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve led Asian markets to open the week lower, with sharp falls in China.
The security bill, which would allow Japanese forces to fight alongside their allies overseas, has been deeply controversial among the Japanese public.
The U.S. Federal Reserve may not let volatility in Chinese markets put off a rate hike, the Wall Street Journal reported.
San Quentin State Prison has limited water use and halted inmate visits until risk from the water-borne bacteria passes.
The director of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and other films lost a battle with brain cancer. He was 76.
- Dominica Declares Disaster Status In 9 Areas Following Storm Erika
- Hammerhead Shark Spotted Off San Diego Coast Again In 2 Days
- Slain Virginia TV Journalists Remembered At Public Memorial
- Airport Terminal Evacuated In Newark, New Jersey
- At Least 37 Dead As Boat Sinks Off Libya
- Texas Sheriff: 'Cops' Lives Matter Too'
- Christie Defends Plan To Track Immigrants Like Fedex Packages
- Apple TV To Add Streaming, Support More Apps, Games