In response to the spike in homicides, hundreds of D.C. police officers have been pulled from administrative roles to resume patrol duty, part of an an “all hands on deck” strategy to curb this year's increase in murders.
A witness said the man got excited as Alex Rodriguez came up to bat and "his momentum took him" over the railing.
A Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register survey indicated Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders polling within single digits of front-runner Hillary Clinton.
Republican presidential hopeful also said his upcoming decision on whether to run as an independent will make people happy.
The Islamic State group arrested up to 200 people protesting after a man was shot in front of his relatives, the Anbar Council confirmed to the AP.
The Fed's second-in-command said in a speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium that central bankers are more interested in where the U.S. economy is going than where it's been.
“We've made significant progress and are awaiting council approval before taking any next steps,” Jeff Millman, an aide to the mayor, told the LA Times.
- Thai Police Hunt More Suspects After Bangkok Bomb Arrest
- Beijing Battens Down, Cranks Up Propaganda Ahead Of War Parade
- Heart Attack Deaths Linked To Cold Weather
- Pirate Bay Again Goes Offline; Twitter Freaks Out
- American Arrested On Sierra Leone 'Blood Diamond' Charges
- US 'Disappointed' In Journalists' Sentences In Egypt
- Arrest Made In Killing Of Texas Police Deputy Darren Goforth
- Beirut Streets Again Rocked By Protests