The FIFA head was re-elected Friday despite the condemnation of other soccer authorities and countries around the world.
Most of the 2,000-plus people who have perished are believed to be either daily wage laborers or older people suffering dehydration or sunstroke.
Many residents agree that decades-old distrust between the African-Americans and city and state law enforcement agencies was worsened by the former governor's leadership.
The signing of the disaster declaration means that federal funding would now be available to flood victims in Harris, Hays and Van Zandt counties.
Ash Carter called for a diplomatic solution to the increasingly militarized dispute over territorial control of the South China Sea.
The bomb units are expected to help the UAE better counter the threat from ISIS in Iraq and Syria and the Yemeni Houthi rebels.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2008 offered a full apology for the country's history with residential schools, which have been condemned as an attempt to commit "cultural genocide."
- Gunmen Kill 20 Bus Passengers In Pakistan Attack
- Migrant Boat Seized Off Myanmar Still At Sea A Day Later
- Fighters Battle Houthis In Yemen's Southern City Of Aden
- Judge Orders End To Decade-Long Vigil At Closed Church
- Rollback Of US Spy Powers Would Mark Post-9/11 Watershed
- Russia Puts 89 EU Politicians On Travel Blacklist
- Mexico Lawmakers Demand President Detail Wealth
- As Anthrax Mishap Widens, US Military Orders Review