The deadly attack by Taliban insurgents in the southern province of Helmand is the latest sign of mounting bloodshed in Afghanistan.
A $55 billion deal could be announced as early as Tuesday.
Patients endure higher bills and longer hospital stays when they undergo surgery on Saturdays or Sundays.
Storms are threatening to bring more flash floods to rain-soaked parts of the southern U.S., where five people have died and thousands have been evacuated.
Only one-quarter of the countries around the world have national strategies to deal with antibiotic resistance.
China says its campaign against "violent terrorism and religious extremism" in the restive northwestern region is winning public support.
Syrian government forces conducted at least 15 airstrikes in and around the ancient city of Palmyra, according to a monitoring group.
- Boko Kills 10 With Machetes In Nigerian Village
- Taiwan President To Propose Plan For South China Sea
- Philippines Seeks Stronger US Backing In Dispute Over Territory
- Tunisian Soldier Who Slays 7 Shot Dead
- Turkish Ruling Party May Lose Majority In Election, Polls Show
- About 100 US, European Jets Begin Arctic Exercise Near Russia
- Iran To Allow 'Managed Access' To Military Sites
- Loan Recovery Eludes India's Banks Despite Strong Economic Growth