The deaths of 71 migrants in a truck found in Austria this week have prompted public revulsion and renewed police efforts to crack down on people-smuggling rings.
A number of far-right demonstrators protesting the construction of a mosque broke through police lines and began fighting with anti-racism counterprotesters.
In response to the spike in homicides, hundreds of police officers have been pulled from administrative roles to resume patrol duty as part of a new “all hands on deck” strategy.
"I saw at least 30 ambulances and three helicopters. The smoke was very heavy," says a witness close to the blaze at Saudi Aramco's residential complex in the city of Khobar.
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang argues that market-stabilization measures taken by the country's government have been effective.
A witness says the baseball fan got excited as Alex Rodriguez came up to bat and "his momentum took him" over a railing.
- Malaysia's Ex-Leader Calls On 'People's Power' To Oust PM
- Saudi-Led Coalition Airstrike Kills 36 Yemeni Civilians
- Egypt Summons UK Envoy Over Criticism Of Al Jazeera Trial
- China Investigates Ex-Chairman Of Wuhan Iron And Steel
- Dutch Plan Tougher Asylum Policy As Migrants Flock To Europe
- Fire At Saudi Oil Workers' Compound Kills 1, Injures 30
- Beijing Battens Down, Cranks Up Propaganda Ahead Of War Parade
- Cold Weather Linked To Deaths By Heart Attack