At a staff meeting at company headquarters Tuesday, Matthias Mueller hinted at jobs cut stemming from the massive emissions scandal engulfing the German automaker.
While Asian stocks extended their gains Tuesday, European markets were weighed down by weak German factory data released earlier in the day.
Analysts say the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal poses challenges for Beijing, but may spur economic reforms.
The deal is the latest in a wave of consolidations the semiconductor industry has seen in recent months.
India and Germany put trade ties at the center of a three-day visit by Chancellor Angela Merkel to the subcontinent.
US authorities are investigating an alleged scheme linked to real estate developments in the Asian gambling hub of Macau, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The cars could be ready by the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and may be a blessing in a nation with a large ageing population.
- Dollar Saps SABMiller Performance Before Bid Deadline
- Neutrino Scientists Win Nobel Prize In Physics
- Cheerios Cereals Recalled Over Gluten Contamination
- Faint Corporate Praise Greets TPP Trade Deal
- Australia Central Bank Holds Rates Steady For A Fifth Month
- Israel Razes Houses Of Palestinian Attackers
- Yemen Hotel Used By Government Officials Attacked, At Least 12 Killed
- Afghan Forces Requested Airstrike On Kunduz Hospital: US General