The Detroit automaker could wind up paying a record-high government penalty for its fatal ignition switch debacle.
Democratic opponents Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown were unable to rally enough opposition.
Ireland's referendum on same-sex marriage was expected to produce a record-high turnout as thousands of expats flew home to take part. Many used the hashtag #HomeToVote on social media to record the trip.
To some, the “Stars and Bars” represents state’s rights. To others, it means something far more threatening.
The FBI moved to redact information in one Benghazi-related email long after it was written -- prompting Republican criticism.
While the New York governor and his cancer-stricken partner, Sandra Lee, publicly tout cancer prevention, health advocates say he has repeatedly tried to cut funding for cancer screening.
Perhaps no single event has represented the Irish Catholic church's transformation better than the same-sex marriage referendum.
- Prosecutors Probe Possible Criminal Case In California Oil Spill
- Dispute Over Mideast Nuke Ban Torpedoes UN Conference
- Partial Win For Tobacco Firms Over Judge-Ordered Disclosures
- Aaron Hernandez Is Broke, According To His Attorney
- NY Can Ban 'Choose Life' License Plates
- US Pressured EU Not To Regulate Chemicals
- WWII German Bomb Found Unexploded Near Wembley
- 39 Dead In Mexico After Federal Police Clash With Locals