The U.N. nuclear watchdog said that officials failed to sufficiently safeguard the Fukushima nuclear power plant before a tsunami damaged the plant.
Soccer star Diego Maradona said re-electing Sepp Blatter as FIFA chief for the fifth time would be "an absurdity."
As the country's army loses ground to the Taliban in the north, Afghanistan is forming local militias and asking warlords to fight the group, the New York Times reports.
Malaysian police have beefed up efforts to monitor social networking sites for possible terrorist activities in the country.
The Conservative government will seek to hold the "Brexit" referendum under the same rules as the U.K. general election, rather than those of local or European Parliament elections.
Three people are dead and 11 are missing as floods destroyed at least 400 homes in Texas and Oklahoma.
Local officials say the separatist commander was taken out by a car bomb and machine-gun ambush.
- Former Israeli PM Ehud Olmert Sentenced To 8 Months In Jail
- Asian Shares Edge Down On US Rate Hike Bets
- Australia To Repatriate Remains Of Vietnam War Dead
- Bomb Squad Detonates Pressure Cooker Near US Capitol, 1 Arrested
- UK To Freeze Government Ministers' Pay For 5 Years
- Florida Circumcision Mom Posts Bail; Legal Battle Continues
- Anne Meara, Ben Stiller's Mother, Dies
- Libyan Government Warplanes Attack Oil Tanker Docked At Sirte