Across Asia, energy shares closed higher, while in Europe, major indexes were up for the fourth straight session. U.S. stock futures pointed to a positive opening.
Samsung has predicted its operating profit in the third quarter will rise by as much as 80 percent, but its problems in the smartphone market are likely to continue.
The offer represents a 44 percent premium over SABMiller’s closing share price on Sept. 14 -- a day before speculation arose of a takeover bid.
The New York Attorney General has opened an investigation into the fantasy sports sites after reports of a scandal, similar to possible insider trading, were revealed Monday.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is considering new rules so customers can get their day in court over credit cards and checking accounts.
Meituan.com may merge with an app provider to take on the Chinese Internet giant, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Russia Increases Military Presence In Tajikistan
- Saudi Billionaire Prince Hikes Stake In Twitter
- US Judge Orders Bank Of China To Disclose Counterfeiters' Data
- DNA Scientists Win 2015 Nobel Prize For Chemistry
- Microsoft Will Roll Out Windows 10 To Phones In December
- Bank Of Japan Leaves Stimulus Package Unchanged
- Australia's Top Court Rules Against BRCA1 Gene Patents
- California Adopts Bill Targeting Gender-Wage Gap