Police arrested the suspected gunman five hours after the siege began inside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, which left three people dead.
The Turkish president on Saturday expressed his regrets over the downing of the Russian jet, but stopped short of an apology, as ties between the two nations continue to worsen.
Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the mastermind of the Nov. 13 Paris attacks, also boasted of easily entering Europe as a refugee and mocked the EU's open border policy, according to a local report.
Unidentified gunmen on Saturday fired rockets at a United Nations peacekeeping base in northern Mali, injuring 20 people.
The pope hailed Uganda's acceptance of refugees as "extraordinary," but activists expressed concerns over a new bill that gives the government more control over NGOs.
Japanese fisheries agency said on Saturday it will restart whaling with a revised plan even though a 16-judge panel of the International Court of Justice ruled last March that the country's whaling was not justified.
The Microsoft co-founder is set to make the announcement Monday at the Paris Climate Change Summit, according to reports, citing sources.
- Syrian Army Advances Against ISIS East Of Aleppo: Report
- North Korea Tested Submarine-Launched Missile: Report
- Some Guns Used In Paris Attacks Part Of Ex-Yugoslavia's Arsenal
- Suicide Attack In Afghanistan Targets Election Official, 1 Dead
- Philippines Shopping For Arms To Beef Up Maritime Security
- New Orleans Police Identify Suspect In Shooting That Wounded 17
- Black Friday Crowds Thin In Subdued Start To Holiday Shopping
- Brazil Sues Mining Giants For $5.2B Over Dam Collapse