The Detroit automaker could wind up paying a record-high penalty that would surpass the $1.2 billion paid by Toyota last year.
Democratic opponents Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown were unable to rally enough opposition.
Ireland's referendum on same-sex marriage was expected to produce a record-high turnout as thousands of expats flew home to take part. Many used the hashtag #HomeToVote on social media to record the trip.
To some, the “Stars and Bars” represents state’s rights. To others, it means something far more threatening.
The FBI moved to redact information in one Benghazi-related email long after it was written -- prompting Republican criticism.
While the New York governor and his cancer-stricken partner, Sandra Lee, publicly tout cancer prevention, health advocates say he has repeatedly tried to cut funding for cancer screening.
There are 47 political parties and 5,819 candidates in Ethiopia's national elections Sunday, but the vote will likely be anything but democratic.
- California Farmers To Reduce Water Consumption By 25%
- Republicans Photographed With Josh Duggar Face Dilemma
- Russia Seeks Captured Soldiers' Release In Ukraine
- Prosecutors Probe Possible Criminal Case In California Oil Spill
- Dispute Over Mideast Nuke Ban Torpedoes UN Conference
- Partial Win For Tobacco Firms Over Judge-Ordered Disclosures
- Aaron Hernandez Is Broke, According To His Attorney
- NY Can Ban 'Choose Life' License Plates