The ships' deployment, as President Barack Obama visits the state, could be a message to Washington ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to the U.S. later this month.
"We are not used to different races and cultures," a Czech politician said. “A lot of people would say, ‘You are racist’ or ‘You are xenophobic.’ … We are just more cautious.”
Even if women pass the courses, they are still unable to join infantry, armor and special operations force units. The Pentagon may change that next year.
Live samples of the disease were sent to all 50 U.S. states and nine countries, the Defense Department revealed online.
Russia is now officially Ukraine's enemy, according to the country's newly revised military doctrine, which also lays out a long-term path toward NATO membership.
Weaker demand for U.S. wood products, chemicals and high-tech goods is attributable, in part, to China's economic woes, some Federal Reserve districts say.
The South Carolina governor, a rising GOP star, said the people of her state -- under her leadership -- avoided riots and violence after racial tension flared there earlier this year.
- Asia Shares Stage Patchy Recovery, But Volatility Remains High
- Luxembourg Foreign Minister Calls For EU-Wide Refugee Authority
- Separate Trials Ordered For Police In Baltimore's Freddie Gray Case
- Parade In China Commemorates World War II Victory [Live Stream]
- Obama To Assure Saudi King Of US Help To Counter Iranian Threat
- Kentucky Clerk Seeks Same-Sex Marriage License Reprieve
- Russian School To Teach Students About Friendship With North Korea
- Apple May Debut iPad Pro This Month