Charlie Sheen responded late Thursday to his former fiancee Brett Rossi’s lawsuit that alleged that the actor did not disclose his HIV-positive status until after they had sex at least five times. The "Two and a Half Men" star publicly revealed that he was HIV-positive on the "Today" show last month, but said that he disclosed his status to all his sexual partners.
Rossi, who is also known as Scottine Ross, accused Sheen of forcing her to have an abortion after she got pregnant in March 2014. Rossi is suing the actor for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
"Charlie Sheen intends to vigorously defend the lawsuit filed by Scottine Ross,” Sheen's lawyer said, in a statement to Us Weekly. "We are confident that Mr Sheen will prevail in this action and will prevail on his claims for affirmative relief against her."
Rossi’s lawsuit was reportedly filed a day after Sheen was supposed to pay her $1 million to settle the claims against him. Sheen and Rossi got engaged on Valentine’s Day 2014. They were engaged for eight months before they ended their relationship.
"If Sheen had disclosed to Plaintiff that he was HIV positive when they met for the very first time, Plaintiff never would have engaged in sex with him, and the resulting relationship between the two would never have occurred," according to Rossi’s lawsuit. Rossi also reportedly said in her lawsuit that Sheen physically abused her throughout their relationship.