- The EU extended restrictions placed in 2013 on Chinese solar panel manufacturers due to complaints of "dumping" by local companies.
- Global M&A activity rose as companies looked for tax havens and took advantage of cheap interest rates, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a research report.
- The Turkish president vowed not to be affected by pressure from Russian sanctions after Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet in November.
- The retailer's Puerto Rico unit filed a lawsuit against the commonwealth over a new tax it claimed would lift its tax burden above 90 percent of operating income.
- Checks will range from $1,298 to $202 million in the latest set of recoveries for investors in Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme, a trustee said.
- The restaurant chain's stock took a dive Friday after federal regulators announced more illnesses have been linked to its menu offerings.
- The global oil group has raised its production limit to reflect more accurately how much oil it has sent to global markets.
- David Crane stepped down this week as head of the New Jersey power company amid investor unhappiness over Crane's renewable energy push.
- Send the women in your life the gift that keeps on going this holiday season. Check out these six subscription boxes.
- The Colombian capital is at the forefront of a global effort by cities to transform their public transit systems into cleaner, more efficient networks.
- The nine executives bought $43.1 million worth of shares before the completion of the all-stock deal between Cheil Industries Inc. and Samsung C&T Corp.
- The German automaker also registered a 25 percent decline in sales in the U.S. for November after it pulled out its diesel cars from the market there.
- Gleevec, which has annual sales of $2.5 billion in the U.S., is considered a blockbuster drug for Novartis.
- The Japanese electronics manufacturer is under increased pressure to shed unprofitable units after it admitted to an accounting scandal earlier this year.
- Saudi Arabia has maintained that a cap on oil production would not work if non-OPEC producers like Russia and Mexico do not agree to output cuts.
- The news comes as Australian authorities said that they were "optimistic" the plane will be found in the current search area in the southern Indian Ocean.
- It's Uber versus the rest of the world as competitors seek ways to consolidate their positions in markets from Los Angeles to Beijing.
- Not sure what to get for the wine-obsessed person on your list this holiday season? We've got you covered. Here are 15 gifts that'll have you screaming, "wine not?"
- Are you holiday shopping for a "Doctor Who" fan? Check out this list to make sure you buy a gift they'll love!
- Scientists and engineers around the world are working on nuclear fusion reactors that, if successful, could replace today's carbon-intensive power plants.
- Make a Disney fan's holiday season magical by gifting one of the products suggested in this guide.
- The American fast food giant stands accused of flouting the EU's state-aid rules and evading over $1 billion in taxes through its tax deals with Luxembourg.