- 2013 Mazda CX-5 Review: The Little Engine That Could Use Some Spices
September 12 2012 6:13 AM
The 2013 Mazda CX-5 crossover is an example of utilitarian design and great gas mileage, but it will leave car enthusiasts a bit wanting in the speed and handling departments.
- Why GM Actually Is Getting Its Money's Worth From The Chevy Volt
September 10 2012 12:18 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) may be losing money on the Chevy Volt at present, but the long-term benefits of early R&D in electric vehicles, improvements to brand image and improving sales volumes should ultimately make it a wise decision for the company.
- Electric Cars Drive Demand For Lithium; FMC, Rio Tinto, Rockwood Stand To Gain
September 07 2012 4:55 PM
Growing global demand for electric cars could drive demand for lithium up by as much as 20 percent per year, benefiting chemical and mining companies such as the FMC Corp. (NYSE: FMC), Rio Tinto PLC (NYSE: RIO) and Rockwood Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ROC), according to Standard & Poor's Capital IQ.
- Fisker On Death?s Door? Big Recall, Exec Shuffling, Money Woes For Electric Carmaker
August 21 2012 11:38 AM
Fisker Automotive Inc. is in a bad place right now, running out of money, recalling its hybrid-electric Karma luxury cars because they burst into flames and shuffling around executives faster than a losing team substitutes pitchers; it's hard to find a bright patch for the company that isn't on fire.
- A Motorized Unicycle? The RYNO Motors Microcycle May Be Future Of Urban Transit [HOLD, see question]
August 17 2012 7:11 AM
In a world where personal and urban mobility is dominated by the bland dorkiness of the Segway, a 13 year old girl and her inventor father are hoping the RYNO Motors microcycle, a motorized unicycle, will revolutionize how mall cops, Arab sheiks and Hollywood's flush rising stars travel.
- Tesla Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Few Cars in Quarter Mean Lower EPS
July 23 2012 4:08 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) is expected to report second quarter 2012 earnings sharply lower than the previous year as the company waits for revenue from the recently launched Model S and from a new partnership with Mercedes-Benz to have a positive impact later in the year.
- Tesla Will Provide Drivetrain, Batteries for Electric Mercedes-Benz B-Class Car
July 05 2012 11:54 AM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) will provide drivetrain, batter and electric motor technology for an electric vehicle (EV) version of the Mercedes-Benz B-class beginning in 2014, according to Auto Week.
- Tesla Shares Gain On Model S Anticipation, Goldman Sachs 'Buy', and Wells Fargo Backing
June 22 2012 3:21 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) will begin deliveries of test-drivable, production versions of its long-awaited successor to the Roadster electric car, the Model S sedan on Friday.
- Requiem For The Supercar: Last Days For Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, Lamborghini Aventador?
June 18 2012 12:32 PM
We are living at the end of an era, during the swan song of greatness, the twilight years of a golden age, the last days of the great supercars, ultra-high horsepower paeans to driving: the Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, McLaren MP4-12C, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. They may all soon be replaced by electric cars and hybrids.
- 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid Review: 100% Porsche But With Room For Four
June 14 2012 8:56 AM
Rarely do the words sports car and luggage go together in a sentence without the connecting phrase does not have enough room for. Well no more, because the 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid is a genuine sports car, and it can in fact easily deal with some bags at the airport. Moreover, it succeeds in actually combining a sports car with hybrid technology without totally neutering the driving experience. Read our review to learn more.
- Soul of Sports Car, Hybrid Technology, Room For Groceries - Three Reasons to Love the 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid: Review
June 13 2012 8:23 PM
Rarely do the words sports car and luggage go together in a sentence without the phrase does not have enough room for. No more. The 2012 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid succeeds in actually combining a sports car with hybrid technology without totally neutering the driving experience.
- HOV-Lane Access Drives Electric Car Sales In California
June 12 2012 8:01 PM
Sales of the Chevrolet Volt Hybrid-Electric Vehicle (HEV) have experienced a resurgence in California following tweaks that now allow the car from General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) to qualify for High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane access.
- Chinese BYD Shares Bungee After Fatal Electric Car Crash
May 29 2012 10:22 AM
Shares of Chinese electric carmaker BYD Company Ltd. (Hong Kong: 1211), which is partially owned by Warren Buffett, recovered some of the losses suffered after one of its e6 electric cars caught fire in a crash which killed three people in southern China.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA) Shares Up As Model S Shipment Date Nears
May 22 2012 5:12 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) shares got a big boost Tuesday following the announcement that the new Tesla Model S will begin shipping on June 22, ahead of schedule.
- Bad Karma: NHTSA Safety Probe Into Fisker Electric Car Fire Possible
May 11 2012 1:56 PM
Fisker Automotive has been struggling recently, and reports that one of its post-recall Fisker Karma cars lit up a suburban Houston garage like a match in a fireworks factory are not helping the image of the company, and unlike the grinning Aventador guy, it seems doubtful that the owner of the crisped Karma has anything to smile about since his $103,000 car set fire to his Acura NSX and Mercedes-Benz SUV as well.
- Toyota RAV4 EV Impresses, But $50,000 Price Shocks
May 07 2012 6:30 PM
Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) debuted the new 2012 RAV4 EV on Monday in Los Angeles at the 26th annual Electric Vehicle Symposium. The new electric RAV4 will have a range of approximately 100 miles with a charging time of roughly 6 hours, but the high price of $49,800 MSRP could leave some would-by buyers shocked.
- US Car Sales Rise In April On Demand For Fuel-Efficient Cars
May 01 2012 7:03 PM
U.S. light vehicle sales increased 2 percent in April to 1.2 million cars on continued high demand for fuel-efficient cars, and sales are projected to continue at a strong clip, maintaining an annualized rate of 14.4 million.
- Why The Ford Focus Electric Will Pace NASCAR's Capital City 400
April 28 2012 12:18 PM
NASCAR will have its first-ever all-electric pace car at the Sprint Cup Capital City 400 race at the Richmond (Va.) International Raceway on Saturday. All decked out in NASCAR livery will be the 2012 Ford Focus Electric vehicle that the Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) unveiled on video this week.
- Kelley Blue Book '10 Best Green Cars of 2012': Toyota Prius c Is No. 1 [PHOTOS]
April 18 2012 10:40 AM
Kelley Blue Book selected the 2012 Toyota Prius c as the number one green car of 2012 as part of its 10 Best Green Cars of 2012 on Tuesday, using criteria like mileage, material conservation, and technological application.
- 2012 Ford Focus Electric Review: Silent, Quick and Efficient
April 17 2012 6:15 PM
Ford Motor Co. trotted-out some brand, spanking new 2012 Ford Focus Electric cars in New York on Tuesday for a first round of test driving, and the new electric car certainly seems to meet Ford's twin goals of high fuel-economy with a positive driving experience.