The Yankees traded outfielder Melky Cabrera, left-hander Mike Dunn and Minor League Arodys Vizcaino for Vazquez, left-hander Boone Logan and about $500,000, the Associated Press reported.
Vazquez will join C.C. Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Andy Pettitte in the rotation.
Vazquez' statistics, according to the Major League Baseball:
- Vazquez went 15-10 with a 2.87 ERA (219.1IP, 181H, 70ER, 44BB, 238K, 20HR) with Atlanta in 2009, finishing fourth in National League Cy Young Award voting.
- He ranked second in the NL in strikeouts, strikeout-to-walk ratio (5.41) and opponents' on-base percentage (.266); third in strikeouts per 9.0IP (9.77); tied for fourth in wins; fifth in innings pitched, opponents' batting average (.223) and hits allowed per 9.0IP (7.43); and sixth in ERA.
- Over his final 22 starts of 2009, Vazquez posted a 2.49 ERA with 160 strikeouts and just 29 walks in 155.1IP, while limiting opponents to a .217 average.
- Since 2000, he has recorded at least 10 wins and 150 strikeouts each season, making him just the 10th pitcher in Major League history to accomplish the feat according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
- Over the same 10-year stretch, Vazquez ranks second in the Majors in innings pitched (2163.0), strikeouts (2001) and starts (327), while tossing at least 200.0 innings in all but one season (198.0 in 2004).