Let's get ready to rumba! Tonight marks the start of the new season of ABC's “Dancing With the Stars” as well as the competition’s 10-year anniversary. And you can bet Season 20 of the rump-shaking series will pull out all the stops in honor of this major mile marker -- starting with a slew of fiercely competitive contestants going head-to-head (or should we say toe-to-toe).
This season’s celebrity competitors are fit, ferocious and fabulous -- from Olympic athletes to NFL players. So which celebrity will go home at season's end with the coveted mirror ball trophy?
Well, before you make your predictions below, here's what you should know about the Season 20 competitors:
1. Not only does Olympic gold medal-winning gymnast Nastia Liukin have the flexibility and strength to go far in the “DWTS” competition, but the NYU student also has been paired with one heck of a partner: Derek Hough. Hough, who originally wasn’t supposed to compete in Season 20, is the only professional dancer to win five mirror ball trophies as well as the first pro with back-to-back wins. Did Liukin’s chances of winning the competition just skyrocket?
2. Riker Lynch, cousin of Derek and Julianne Hough (the pro dancer turned judge on the show), is another celeb we think may go far in the competition -- and not because of nepotism! The “Glee” actor proved he has the moves to win while performing as a Warbler on Fox's musical drama.
3. Army veteran Noah Galloway may not have much dancing experience, but his endurance and determination as a Tough Mudder and CrossFit competitor will help him thrive in the competition.
4. “Hunger Games” star Willow Shields won’t need anyone to volunteer as tribute for her during Season 20 of “DWTS.” According to the youngest competitor on the show (she's 14), she has a few moves that may surprise the audience. “I like going to dance classes,” Shields told Just Jared Jr. “That’s my hobby. I take hip-hop, ballet, modern dance, so that’s kind of my thing.” We can't wait to see what she brings to the ballroom floor!
5. Shields isn’t the only participant who enjoys dancing as a pastime. The star of the just-concluded season of “The Bachelor,” Chris Soules, dished to Us Weekly that he might not be able to sing but he can certainly shake it. “I can dance,” he confessed, “a little.” Hopefully Soules' Season 20 partner and last year’s champion, Witney Carson, can boost Prince Farming’s confidence.
6. Fans should keep an eye out for Suzanne Somers because the 68-year-old actress has something to prove! The actress told "Entertainment Tonight" that she wouldn't let her age deter her from competing. "There's a new way to age and it's not about the number, it's about energy and vitality, and I wanted to prove to me and to them it's not over," the “Three’s Company” star said. “It's definitely not over for this chick."
Who do you think will be taking home the mirror ball trophy at the end of Season 20 of “Dancing With the Stars”? Let us know in the poll below and don’t forget to tune in to the ABC series Monday, March 16, at 8 p.m. EDT.