What better way to celebrate the “Doctor Who” Season 8 premiere than with a fun drinking game Saturday night? With a new Doctor, there won’t be any established quirks or sayings, much to the delight of your liver, but there are plenty of ways to raise your glass to the return of the Tardis. The rules and inspiration come from BuzzFeed, DrinkiWiki, Facebook and Tumblr.
To get everyone on board, here’s the “Doctor Who” Season 8 premiere synopsis: “When The Doctor arrives in Victorian London, he finds a dinosaur rampant in the Thames and a spate of deadly spontaneous combustions. Who is the new Doctor, and will Clara’s friendship survive as they embark on a terrifying mission into the heart of an alien conspiracy? The Doctor has changed. It’s time you knew him.” If the “Doctor Who” drinking game gets to be a bit too much, remember to take a "Deep Breath." For some “Doctor Who” cocktails, such as a Sonic Screwdriver or a Tardis-tini, and party ideas, visit Foodbeast.
The “Doctor Who” Season 8 premiere episode, “Deep Breath,” will be shown on BBC America Saturday at 8 p.m. EDT. If you’re confused about The Doctor’s age, check out this infographic. And if you need a refresher about what happened last season, here’s a quick guide.
- Whenever you see the Tardis appear or disappear
- The first appearance of the new Doctor
- A nod to “Doctor Who” history (be it past Doctors, adventures or monsters)
- Whenever the dinosaur appears on screen
- Whenever someone runs (two drinks when someone runs down a hall or corridor)
- The Doctor says something only he can understand
- Whenever a companion asks The Doctor for an explanation
- Peter Capaldi’s Doctor references a body part (“Kidneys!”)
- Whenever the sonic screwdriver appears on screen
- Whenever anyone mentions The Doctor’s age or appearance
- Any time Strax says something wonderfully wrong
- Any tension between Jenny and Madame Vastra
- Clara gets stranded by The Doctor
- Clara is sad/missing the Eleventh Doctor
- Steven Moffat does something you hate or love
- Reference to the inside of the Tardis
- Doctor wardrobe change
- Holding hands
All the Drinks
- “Doctor Who” does it again and makes you have all the feelings.