- The Top Post-Market Nasdaq Movers (Brightcove, Body Central, Renewable Energy, 3SBio, AngioDynamics, Kraft Foods, Idenix, TriQuint, Take-Two Interactive, Tree.com)
September 18 2012 1:33 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Monday were Brightcove Inc, Body Central Corp, Renewable Energy Group, 3SBio Inc and AngioDynamics Inc. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Kraft Foods Group, Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc, TriQuint Semiconductor, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc and Tree.com.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Alliance One, AU Optronics, Dole Food, Tenet Health, KKR Financial, HNI Corp, Advanced Micro, Steelcase, K12)
September 18 2012 12:51 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Monday were Alliance One International, AU Optronics Corp, Dole Food Co, Tenet Healthcare Corp and KKR Financial Holdings LLC. The top after-market NYSE losers were HNI Corp, Advanced Micro Devices, Steelcase Inc, ExactTarget and K12 Inc.
- Asian Markets Drop Amid China-Japan Dispute
September 18 2012 12:04 AM
Most of the Asian markets dropped Tuesday as investor confidence was weighed down by the intensifying tensions between China and Japan and the increasing concerns over the euro zone debt crisis.
- Asian Shares Slip After Fed-Inspired Rally
September 17 2012 9:37 PM
Asian shares retreated from four-month highs Tuesday as markets paused from last week's rallies, calculating the impact on growth from the Federal Reserve's aggressive stimulus and eyeing whether Spain will request a bailout to ease its fiscal strains.
- Apple Tops $700 Mark, Year After Hitting $400
September 17 2012 4:12 PM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) surged past $700 for the first time, just a year after topping $400. The move brings Apple's market value to about $650 billion, cementing its 2012 role as the world's most valuable company, ahead of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM).
- US Treasury Resists GM Plan For Government Stake Sale: WSJ
September 17 2012 2:31 PM
The U.S. Treasury Department is unwilling to sell the government's stake in General Motors Co because a sale now would mean huge investment losses, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people close to the matter.
- Awful 'Empire State' Manufacturing Data from the New York Fed Leaves Markets Unmoved
September 17 2012 12:03 PM
Financial markets yawned Monday in the face of an anemic U.S. manufacturing report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York that showed industrial production in the Northeast falling to a nearly two-year low.
- As U.S, Allies Launch Largest Ever Middle East Naval Exercise, Is Israel Preparing to Strike Iran?
September 17 2012 9:07 AM
An armada of military hardware from 25 nations, including battleships, aircraft carriers, submarines and minesweepers has descended on the Persian Gulf as Western policy makers desperately try to convince Israel that diplomacy and sanctions designed to halt Iran?s nuclear program need more time to work.
- Pre-Market Movers (YPF, Nokia, Home Depot, BT Group, Arcelormittal, Arch Coal, Royal Bank of Scotland, Weatherford)
September 17 2012 6:55 AM
YPF SA, Nokia Corp, Home Depot Inc, Home Depot Inc, Arcelormittal, Arch Coal Inc, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc and Weatherford International Ltd. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Asian Stocks End Mixed; Shanghai Tumbles 2.14%
September 17 2012 4:57 AM
Asian stock markets ended mixed Monday after they rallied to a four-month high in the previous session following the U.S. Federal Reserve's move to boost growth in the world's largest economy with a third round of bond purchases.
- US Stock Futures Signal Lower Open After Rally On Fed Decision
September 17 2012 4:02 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a lower open Monday after the rally seen last week following the announcement of the Federal Reserve's plan to buy mortgage securities.
- European Markets Fall On Euro Zone Concerns
September 17 2012 3:45 AM
European markets fell Monday as investor sentiment turned negative after fears of the debt crisis affecting the euro zone were revived undermining the optimism over the stimulus measures announced by policymakers to bolster economic growth.
- Asian Markets Drop After Last Week?s Rally
September 17 2012 12:04 AM
Most of the Asian markets dropped Monday after the rally last week when investor confidence was buoyed by the optimism that the stimulus measures announced by the central banks in the U.S. and the Europe would help revive the global economic growth momentum.
- Week Ahead: Asian Stock Markets To Be Moderately Bullish
September 16 2012 12:15 AM
Asian stock markets posted their biggest weekly gains in almost nine months after the U.S. Federal Reserve announced that it would purchase $40 billion in mortgage-backed securities per month for an open-ended period until the labor market improved substantially.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (AutoZone, Main Street, Owens & Minor, YPF, Accretive, Chiquita Brands, Chesapeake Utilities, Alliance One)
September 15 2012 1:26 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Friday were AutoZone, Main Street Capital Corp, Owens & Minor, YPF SA and FelCor Lodging Trust Inc. The top after-market NYSE losers were Accretive Health, Chiquita Brands International, Chesapeake Utilities Corp, Alliance One International and Weight Watchers International Inc.
- Top Post-Market Nasdaq Movers (MIPS, Star Scientific, ACADIA, Alpha and Omega, Nanosphere, Orexigen, Fulton, Acme)
September 15 2012 1:17 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Friday were MIPS Technologies, Star Scientific Inc, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc and Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Nanosphere Inc, Orexigen Therapeutics Inc, Fulton Financial Corporation and Acme Packet Inc.
- Weekly Roundup: Asian Markets Rally As Fed Announces QE3
September 15 2012 12:00 AM
Most of the Asian markets gained in the week as investor confidence was lifted following the announcement of another round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve which is expected to rejuvenate the economic growth.
- Four Things That Could Lift The Dow Jones Industrial Average Even Higher
September 14 2012 11:26 PM
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI: DJI) gained another 53.51 points, or 0.40 percent, on Friday to close at 13,593.37, the highest level in nearly five years. However, many uncertainties remain. Here are four factors that could make -- or break -- the Dow's continued ascent.
- QE3 Reviving Fears Of Global Currency Wars
September 14 2012 4:33 PM
Thursday's announcement by the U.S. Federal Reserve that it would be engaging in a third round of open-ended bond-buying, known as QE3, to energize the economy saw a resoundingly positive reception in the foreign financial markets, where indexes rose Friday. But market-watchers were expecting the global equity party would lead to an inevitable hangover soon, in the form of intervention by central banks around the world, to stop massive inflows of dollars into non-U.S. economies -- in short, a...
- Apple Wins Judgment Vs. Samsung In International Patent Dispute
September 14 2012 4:12 PM
A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.