Faith & Belief
- French Cardinal Warns Same-Sex Marriage May Lead To Polygamy, Incest
September 17 2012 3:49 PM
Cardinal Philippe Barbarin has voiced opposition to the French President Francois Hollande and his administration's efforts to craft legislation legalizing marriage and adoption for same-sex couples.
- Pakistan Shuts Down YouTube To Block Access To 'Innocence Of Muslims' Film
September 17 2012 2:27 PM
Pakistan has ordered the shutdown of the video-sharing website YouTube in order to prevent any further violence related to the anti-Islamic film ?Innocence of Muslims.?
- What Is Rosh Hashana? Everything You Need To Know About The Jewish New Year
September 17 2012 12:37 PM
Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year known as the first of the High Holy Days, is being celebrated as the holiday comes from sundown on Sept. 16 to nightfall on Sept. 18.
- Al Qaeda In Yemen Asks Western Muslims To Get More Involved In Attacks; Says More US Diplomats Should Be Killed Over 'Innocence of Muslims'
September 15 2012 7:23 AM
The Yemen wing of al Qaeda has asked Muslims to kill more U.S. diplomats in Islamic countries, terming the anti-Islam film made in the U.S. as a another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam, stated a Reuters report citing a posting on an al Qaeda website.
- Pope Benedict Visits Lebanon As Protests Spread Over 'Innocence If Muslims' Movie
September 14 2012 4:41 PM
Pope Benedict XVI arrived in Lebanon Friday amid heightened tensions in the Muslim and Arab world as protests spread, some violent, in response to an anti-Islam movie produced in the U.S. The pope's three-day visit is focused on expressing support for Christians throughout the region who increasingly feel threatened amidst the rising influence of Islamists following the Arab Spring.
- ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ Fury Spreads To Sudan: German Embassy In Flames
September 14 2012 10:33 AM
Anger over the film 'Innocence of Muslims' has reached Sudan, where 5,000 protesters attacked the German embassy in Khartoum.
- Hillary Clinton Condemns Anti-Islam Film (FULL TEXT)
September 13 2012 2:08 PM
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton addressed the subject of the controversial anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims,” which has sparked riots and violence across the Middle East, including the murder of the U.S. envoy to Libya.
- How Do Religious Americans Vote? According to These Charts, That Depends On Their Race
September 11 2012 11:58 AM
Pew reports the largest demographic of Republicans are white evangelical protestants, while the biggest chunk of Democrats are -- surprise! -- religiously unaffiliated.
- Youcef Nadarkhani: US Welcomes Report Iran Freed Christian Pastor
September 10 2012 3:47 PM
Nadarkhani, 32, had been imprisoned for three years and was awaiting execution, but the apostasy charge was downgraded to evangelizing to Muslims (an offense that carries a three-year term).
- Pakistani Hindus In India Demand Asylum Citing Persecution
September 10 2012 11:17 AM
Pakistani Hindus arriving in India are demanding refugee status, citing a pattern of persecution and discrimination in Muslim-dominated Pakistan.
- Priest’s Gay Marriage Role Gets Him Rebuked By Archbishop Of Hartford [VIDEO]
September 07 2012 10:51 PM
A Roman Catholic priest in northern Connecticut has been rebuked by the archbishop of Hartford after he participated in his cousin's same-sex marriage ceremony. Archbishop of Hartford Henry J. Mansell rebuked the Rev. Michael DeVito, of the Sacred Heart Church in Suffield, following the Aug. 17 wedding in New York.
- Vatican Official Condemns Israeli Discrimination Against Christians
September 07 2012 6:06 PM
In a rare official complaint from a Vatican senior official in Jerusalem, Friar Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Custodian of the Holy Land, said in a Friday statement that Israel has failed to respond adequately to frequent discrimination against Christians.
- Monica Lewinsky’s Rabbi Will Deliver Benediction After Bill Clinton Speaks, Will It Be Awkward At The DNC?
September 05 2012 9:05 PM
Monica Lewinsky's rabbi will be delivering the benediction at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night, just after Bill Clinton speaks, ABC News reported.
- Fired For Being Christian? Religious Employees Have Their Day In Court
September 04 2012 5:27 PM
The landmark hearing follows six years of legal battles and tribunals for the four plaintiffs, whose high-profile cases are seen as a polarizing dividing line between British Christians who want to express their faith in the workplace and employers who assert their right to impose dress codes and guidelines for workplace conduct.
- The Rev. Sun Myung Moon, Unification Church Founder, Mass Wedding Specialist, Friend To Presidents And Despots Alike, Dies At 92
September 02 2012 5:38 PM
The Rev. Sun Myung Moon -- a self-proclaimed messiah from South Korea who founded the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, or Unification Church, businessman, convicted U.S. tax evader and friend of North Korea -- died at the age of 92 on Monday.
- Sun Myung Moon Of Unification Church Dead At 92
September 02 2012 3:32 PM
The Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the self-proclaimed messiah who turned his Unification Church into a worldwide religious movement called a cult by many, has died, church officials in South Korea said Monday morning local time. He was 92.
- In Final Interview, Cardinal Says Roman Catholic Church '200 Years Out Of Date'
September 01 2012 6:17 PM
The former archbishop of Milan and papal candidate Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini said the Catholic Church was "200 years out of date" in his final interview before his death, published on Saturday.
- Rosh Hashanah 2012: Jewish New Year Begins Sept. 16 - 10 Interesting Facts About The Festival
August 31 2012 4:19 AM
"Rosh Hashanah," commonly known as the Jewish New Year, is one of the most important religious holidays Jews. The celebration lasts for two days and this year, it begins in the evening of Sunday, Sept. 16 and ends in the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 18.
- Diana: The World's Favorite Princess
August 30 2012 9:35 AM
Britain in the early 1980s found itself in dire need of a happy jolt
- Cloud Computing? Relates To Weather, Citrix Survey Finds
August 30 2012 9:16 AM
Americans have no idea what cloud computing is, with many believing it relates to the weather, or even pillows, drugs and toilet paper, a new survey commissioned by enterprise software developer Citrix Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS) found.