The day that celebrates dads is almost here. Father's Day is Sunday, June 21. If you want to express your admiration for a favorite father, a fitting quote might be just the trick. Check out the list of quotes below, collected from Brainy Quote, Quotery and Good Reads.
1. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me," - Jim Valvano
2. "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years," - Mark Twain
3. “There is no teacher equal to mother and there's nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father,” - Amit Ray, from "World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird"
4. "Father!–to God himself we cannot give a holier name," - William Wordsworth
5. "I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future," - Liza Minnelli
6. "My father used to say that it's never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, 'You never know what you can accomplish until you try,'" - Michael Jordan
7. "My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend," - Tiger Woods
8. "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection," - Sigmund Freud
9. "[He] adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector," - Tom Wolfe
10. "The most important thing in the world is family and love," - John Wooden
11. "I think my mom put it best. She said, 'Little girls soften their daddy's hearts,'" - Paul Walker
12. "When my father didn’t have my hand . . . he had my back," - Linda Poindexter
13. "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes," - Gloria Naylor