- See How the Piaggio Aero P180 Avanti II's Cabin Size Measures Up
June 05 2012 4:10 PM
One of the main selling points of the Piaggio Aero Avanti II private plane is the relatively massive cabin size. If you're in the market for a private plane, you probably want comfort, and that probably means the ability to sit and stand without feeling crunched. Piaggio says the Avanti II is the perfect plane for this, but how do some of the other competitors stack up?
- Piaggio Aero P180 Avanti II: Too Much Private Plane Or Just Right?
June 04 2012 8:32 PM
The P180 Avanti II is striking. Even stationary on the tarmac, the plane from Italian aerospace company Piaggio Aero looks like it will rise into the air with the slightest breath of breeze, a magnificent Roc ready to take to the skies and transport its travelers to wondrous lands, or the Essex County Airport in Caldwell, New Jersey, in other circumstances.
- All-You-Can-Fly Airline Surf Air To Launch In California This Summer
April 06 2012 2:49 PM
All-you-can-fly airline Surf Air is set to take off in California this summer, but will the new model work?
- Richard’s Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Launches ‘Upper Class Red’ Lipstick (PHOTOS)
March 27 2012 4:54 AM
To match the red cabin crew uniforms, airline Virgin Atlantic is launching its first lip color coined Upper Class Red in collaboration with bareMinerals.
- Flying Car Debuts at NY Motor Show [PHOTOS]
March 05 2012 12:03 AM
Terrafugia's Transition Roadable Aircraft has 23-gallon petrol tank, range of 400 miles and costs $279,000.
- Virgin Australia Launches Daily Airbus 330 Services from Melbourne
January 16 2012 2:29 AM
Richard Branson's Virgin Australia has announced the launch of international-grade service on its Airbus A330-Melbourne routes, to target the business sector traveler in Australia.
- Airbus expands order record, Boeing set to rebound
December 22 2011 10:10 AM
Airbus is on course to end 2011 with well over 1,600 orders.
- Airbus sees at least 30 A380 deliveries in 2012
December 16 2011 11:35 AM
Airbus will deliver at least 30 A380 superjumbos in 2012 after meeting its target for at least 25 in 2011, chief operating officer Fabrice Bregier said in remarks published on Friday.
- Indonesia's Lion Air roars with record Boeing order
November 18 2011 12:04 PM
On Friday, Indonesian budget airline Lion Air placed a $21.7 billion order with Boeing, the airplane giant's biggest commercial order on record.
- In dramatic reversal, Qatar signs $6.5 billion Airbus deal
November 15 2011 10:10 AM
Qatar Airways finally returned to the table to sign a $6.5-billion deal with Airbus.
- Travel Etiquette 101: A Class in Manners in the Air and Abroad
October 26 2011 4:39 PM
Following these simple travel etiquette tips will not only make you less likely to stand out as a tourist, it will bring better service and more respect from locals.
- Boeing Dreamliner 787 Debut: What was the Maiden Journey Like?
October 26 2011 2:38 PM
After a three year delay, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner makes its first commercial voyage from Narita airport in Tokyo to Hong Kong.
- Air Pacific Selects Versatile A330 for Fleet Renewal and Growth
October 26 2011 9:52 AM
Fiji's national carrier, Air Pacific, has selected Airbus aircraft to renew and to grow its fleet.
- Boeing Opens Cyber Engagement Center in Maryland
October 25 2011 11:40 PM
Boeing Co. has opened a new 32,000-square foot Cyber Engagement Center (CEC) at Annapolis Junction. The facility will provide a collaborative environment where security experts work together to address current and evolving cyber security challenges.
- Boeing Dreamliner Makes First Commercial Flight
October 25 2011 11:35 PM
After more than three years of delay, Boeing's Dreamliner jet is all set for its first commercial flight on Wednesday.
- China Southern Airlines Gets Its First A380 Aircraft
October 22 2011 4:51 AM
European aircraft manufacturer Airbus recently delivered the first of five A380s ordered by China Southern Airlines. The airline became the first in China and the seventh in the world to take delivery of the model.
- TAM Airlines Finalizes 32 Family Aircraft Deal with Airbus
October 21 2011 7:09 AM
TAM Airlines, Brazil's largest airline has finalized a purchase agreement for 32 Eco-efficient Airbus A320 aircraft, comprising of 22 A320neo and 10 A320 Family aircraft.
- ‘Passing Cloud’ Reimagines What 21st Century Travel Can Be
October 18 2011 3:59 PM
Why traveling at high speed? Why having the final destiny always defined? Tiago Barros' Passing Cloud envisions travel as a slow, enjoyable process.
- Air France, Airbus Completes World’s ‘Greenest’ Commercial Flight
October 16 2011 4:10 AM
Air France and Airbus have announced that they have completed the world's greenest commercial flight by combining the latest fuel and air traffic management technologie
- Airbus Embarks On Third Biodiversity Project to India
September 29 2011 1:34 AM
As part of the biodiversity program launched by the Airbus Corporate Foundation, a third group of sixteen Airbus volunteers has reached Kudimery village in Tamil Nadu state, Southern India.