Fans of “The Mindy Project” have been waiting all summer for the Season 3 premiere. Mindy and Danny finally got their happily-ever-after in the Season 2 finale, but viewers know that hilarious shenanigans are ahead for the oddball couple. Fortunately the wait is almost over. Season 3 of the Fox comedy is set to premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 16, and we’ve got the scoop on what you can expect:
1. Season 3 Premiere Synopsis – The laughs on “The Mindy Project” will continue with Season 3. The premiere episode is titled “We’re An Couple Now, Haters!” and will find Mindy and Danny experiencing “firsts” in their relationship. As the pair try to set boundaries in the office, hilarity will ensue when Jeremy tried to organize a charity event with Lauren, Peter’s girlfriend. Rob McElhenney of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” will also be swinging by the office as Lou Tookers, Morgan’s cousin.
2. Guest Stars – Season 3 of “The Mindy Project” will be jam packed with some exciting guest stars. Rob McElhenney of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” will bring the laughs in the premiere episode as Morgan’s cousin. Rhea Perlman will visit the Fox sitcom in episode 3, “Annette Castellano Is My Nemesis,” as Danny’s mom. Allison Tolman of “Fargo” will swing by for two episodes as Abby Berman, a “sweet romance novelist who goes on a disastrous blind date with fratty doc Peter Prentice.” Fans can also look forward to seeing “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Scandal” creator Shonda Rhimes grace the screen. The role of the self-proclaimed “Mindy Project” super-fan is currently being kept under wraps.
3. Meet The Parents – Now that Mindy and Danny are dating, things are start getting serious – fast. Mindy will meet Danny’s mom in Season 3, but as suspected the pair will not get along. It won’t be because of Mindy’s bubbly and “hot mess” personality. Instead it will be related to Mindy witnessing Mama Castellano commit a crime. The twist? EW teases that Danny might not believe Mindy.
4. Dating Drama – Danny’s mom is going to be the only drama that Mindy and Danny get tangled up in. According to TV Guide, Danny isn’t divorced from his ex. This little hiccup will not only affect his romantic relationship with Mindy – but also their business relationship.
5. Love Triangles – Jeremy isn’t letting Peter’s feelings for Lauren prevent him from going after the girl. TV Guide revealed that Jeremy will try to woo the single mom, and along the way Peter will end up going on a blind date with guest star Allison Tolman.
6. Danny – E! Online is promising fans that Danny will dance, play an instrument and wear his “adorable glasses.”
7. History Lesson – “Mindy Project” viewers already know about Morgan’s criminal past, but another doctor in the office is hiding a big secret – someone used to moonlight as a male stripper! According to TV Guide the answer will be revealed in the Season 3 premiere.
8. Sneak Peek Videos – Watch two sneak peek videos from the Season 3 premiere of “The Mindy Project”:
“The Mindy Project” Season 3 premiere will air on Tuesday, Sept. 16, at 9:30 p.m. EDT. Will you be tuning in? What do you want to see unfold? Tweet your thoughts to @AmandaTVScoop.