- Passengers' bags were searched while bomb squads teams led bomb-sniffing dogs around the Metro Red Line.
- The president-elect was expected to formally nominate Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis to be secretary of defense Tuesday night during his latest "thank you" tour stop.
- More than a month after she went missing, the story of the abducted mother who was found tied up on the side of a highway on Thanksgiving Day has captivated the nation.
- The floodwater is starting to recede in isolated areas around the country.
- The student told local police their affair began at the beginning of the school year when he wrote his Snapchat user name on the top of his Algebra test.
- Ahead of a Trump administration, the president is set to pitch the idea that "our greatest strength against terrorism is who we are as a country."
- Two public employees wearing hijabs were recent victims of alleged hate crimes in New York City.
- The conditions on one of Pluto's moons may be capable of fostering lifeforms that would be unfamiliar to Earth.
- Donald Trump's base is pushing for the president-elect to fulfill one of his most controversial campaign promises.
- "Costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!" the president-elect tweeted Tuesday morning.
- Despite falling short of 270 electoral votes, the Democratic nominee has extended her popular- vote lead over president-elect Donald Trump.
- The latest arrest and indictments came down Monday after an almost 8-month investigation.
- Just consuming a handful of nuts can reduce the risk of diabetes by almost 40 percent, according to the study.
- The Christmas lights hanging from the home of Mike Staudt and his family in Chaska, Minnesota, bling in unison to "Purple Rain" next to a spinning Prince symbol.
- The Portland city commissioner proposed the additional tax and called the level of income inequality in the U.S. was “the biggest challenge facing our society” after global warming.
- Parents are going to want to catch all these Pokémon toys before Christmas.
- The number of cases where a baby was too big to pass through the mother's birth canal soared in recent decades. The trend suggests Cesarean sections are changing human evolution.
- The rain events come as a result of climate change effects and will hit the U.S. coasts hardest.
- People who smoked just once a day were also found to have greater risks of lung cancer.
- A report said Ronald Gasser has been jailed on a charge of manslaughter days after reportedly shooting and killing former New York Jet Joe McKnight.
- Donald Trump won the majority of votes in Florida, but voters say hacks on voting machines and other illegal activities at polling places statewide cost Hillary Clinton the election.
- Before a recent policy change, the feature that suggests common searches provided the words "evil" and "bad" when users typed in the words "are Jews" and "are women."