Fans of the critically acclaimed series “Orange is the New Black” will be trading in their swimsuits for an orange jumpsuit once again when the Jenji Kohan-created dramedy returns to Netflix this summer for a third season. Curious what date your favorite ladies from Litchfield will be reprising their roles? Well, on Monday Netflix announced on Twitter that Season 3 would become available for streaming on Friday, June 12 at 3 a.m. EST.
“Turning up the heat! New originals coming this summer from Netflix,” the tweet stated.
“OITNB” was officially renewed for a third installment in May 2014. “It’s official!!! Season 3!! #oitnb#alexvause#backtothebighouse,” Laura Prepon, who stars as the glasses-donning inmate Alex, shared on Instagram. The big news was accompanied with a photo of what looked like possible titles for Season 3.
— Netflix US (@netflix) March 2, 2015
In addition to the unveiling of the premiere date for “OITNB,” Netflix also announced when several of their other original series would become available for streaming this summer:
- “Chris D’Elia: Incorrigible” will premiere Friday, April 17.
- “Jen Kirkman: I’m Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine)” will premiere Friday, May 22.
- “Between” will premiere in May 2015.
- “Sense8” will premiere Friday, June 5.
- “What Happened, Miss Simone?” will premiere Friday, June 26.
- “Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp” will premiere Friday, July 17.
Netflix added that information for the premiere dates of “Clue de Cuervos” and “Narcos” would be coming soon.