- Seeger Weiss LLP Wins $54.8 Million Jury Verdict Against Wells Fargo & Co. for Excessive and Prohibited Mortgage Fees
December 21 2014 5:00 PM ET
NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Seeger Weiss LLP announced that on December 19, a Manhattan federal jury returned a $54.8 million damages award against Wells Fargo & Co. in a class-action lawsuit alleging that late fees charged by now-defunct mortgage lenders/servicers The Money Store and HomEq were improper and unlawful. Seeger Weiss partner Moshe Horn and counsel Christopher M. Van de Kieft, along with Paul Grobman of the Law Offices of Paul Grobman, and Neal DeYoung and H.
- BWF Destination Dubai World Superseries Finals Decided, Honours Shared Between Korea, Japan, China and Chinese Taipei
December 21 2014 4:06 PM ET
DUBAI, UAE, December 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Finals day in the BWF Destination Dubai World Superseries Finals at the Hamdan Sports Complex served up a master class in elite level badminton today, as the world's best competed for category honours. A large and vocal crowd witnessed the crowning of new Superseries Finals champions in Men's and Women's Singles, Men's and Women's doubles and Mixed Doubles in an action packed day.
- Rentrak Announces Official Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of December 21, 2014
December 21 2014 4:02 PM ET
- Education Management Corporation Announces Extension of Exchange Offer
December 21 2014 2:42 PM ET
- Congressman Chaka Fattah Mourns the Death of Local Radio Executive, Kernie Anderson
December 21 2014 2:12 PM ET
WASHINGTON, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "Kernie Anderson was a giant in the radio industry. He was an authentic advocate for African American communities and their economic interests especially in the communication sector. His successful leadership as General Manager at WDAS -AM/FM and WURD-AM enhanced radio in Philadelphia.
"By every measure, Kernie was a respected radio executive and gentleman. He leaves a legacy of influence and excellence and will be greatly missed by all who knew him."
- Elves & More of Northeast Ohio and Con-way Freight Deliver Christmas Surprise
December 21 2014 11:00 AM ET
CANTON, Ohio, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 1,000 underprivileged children in Canton woke up today with a Christmas surprise, thanks to non-profit organization, Elves & More of Northeast Ohio, and several local businesses including trucking company, Con-way Freight.
- OWNZONES Offers Global Distribution Platform For Release Of Sony Pictures' "The Interview"
December 21 2014 9:00 AM ET
PHOENIX and LOS ANGELES, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OWNZONES, an online content creator, aggregator and paid distribution platform has expressed interest in partnering with Sony Pictures to release The Interview, a satire that depicts journalists instructed to eliminate a foreign dictator and film that has caused a global debate around censorship, to a worldwide audience. The OWNZONES platform has a robust infrastructure in place with a proven record of streaming feature-length content to a broad audience.
- Madonna Returns To The Top Of The Charts Around The World With Surprise Release Of Six Songs From Her Upcoming Rebel Heart Album
December 21 2014 2:42 AM ET
NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Madonna is currently #1 in 36 countries around the world with the release of six songs from her forthcoming album Rebel Heart. In virtually every country the songs were released, they held six of the ten slots on the Top 10 iTunes chart. In seven of those countries, she had multiple No. 1's. The single Living for Love is currently No.
- Official unveiling of the Han Show and Wanda Movie Park A new Chinese cultural icon and global entertainment brand
December 21 2014 2:32 AM ET
WUHAN, China, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- "Incredible, absolutely incredible", was the general review given by most people after experiencing the Wanda Movie Park and the Han Show for the first time. After 5 years in the making, Wanda Group launched its 2 most groundbreaking cultural projects to date, the Han Show Theatre and Wanda Movie Park in Wuhan on December 20. Distinguished guests including personalities from the world of entertainment, ambassadors to numerous countries, renowned business leaders and over 300 domestic and foreign media attended the opening ceremony.
- U.S. Census Bureau Daily Feature for December 21
December 21 2014 12:01 AM ET
WASHINGTON, Dec. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
- Rock Vocalist Kelly Keeling Going Strong in Today's New World of Music
December 20 2014 11:59 PM ET
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Few musicians have the vocal prowess to sing on the world stage – and be known for their voice. Robert Plant comes to mind, Freddy Mercury, Axl Rose. Even fewer have the vocal diversity to sing successfully for multiple bands -- delivering epic vocal performances for all of them. Paul Rodgers is one, killin' it with Free, Bad Company and The Firm.
- U.S. Conference Of Mayors President Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson Issues Statement On Police Officer Murders In New York City
December 20 2014 11:24 PM ET
WASHINGTON, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. Conference of Mayors President and Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson issued the following statement today in response to the murders of two NYC police officers this afternoon:
- Cooper Hewitt Announces New Cafe and Retail Space in Reopened Museum
December 20 2014 7:12 PM ET
NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum announces that Tarallucci e Vino will run the museum's new cafe, and has launched SHOP Cooper Hewitt, a tailor-made retail space designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, in conjunction with the museum's grand reopening to the public Dec. 12.
- Bank of the Carolinas Corporation Reports Effectiveness of Resale Registration Statement
December 20 2014 1:00 PM ET
MOCKSVILLE, N.C., Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bank of the Carolinas Corporation (OTCQB: BCAR) today reported that the Securities and Exchange Commission declared effective the company's registration statement on Form S-1 relating to the resale of up to 458,132,991 shares of the company's common stock by certain selling stockholders.
- Santa & His Elves Bring 50,000 Toys To 10,000 Poor Children & Their Families On Skid Row At Fred Jordan Mission
December 20 2014 12:14 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Dec.
- Updated: KDC Solar and CentraState Medical Center Cut Ribbon on 6.31-Megawatt Solar Power System
December 20 2014 12:13 PM ET
BEDMINSTER, N.J., Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- KDC Solar LLC has commenced commercial operations of its 6.31-megawatt (MW) solar panel system located at CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, New Jersey. The system will provide electricity to CentraState's Medical Center which serves over 14,000 inpatients and over 250,000 outpatient visits a year.
- Grammy award winner Fatman Scoop collaborates with French award-winning and golden record holder producer R-WAN
December 20 2014 12:00 PM ET
THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, December 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
French producer/dj R-WAN released his new contagious club banger 'What The F*ck' with vocal mastermind Fatman Scoop on LIGHTSTATE Music.
- Huntkey Enterprise Group makes inroads into market in Bangladesh
December 20 2014 9:00 AM ET
SHENZHEN, China, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Huntkey Enterprise Group makes inroads into market in Bangladesh. Huntkey Enterprise Group, a global professional power supply provider, today announced it has started a cooperation with Global Brand Pvt.Ltd., to explore the mainstream markets in Bangladesh.
- Huntkey New Products Release Conference Held in Uzbekistan
December 20 2014 9:00 AM ET
SHENZHEN, China, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On 17th December 2014, Huntkey hosted a product release conference at hotel DEDEMAN, Uzbekistan. Huntkey, a global leader in providing accessories of computers, presented new PIO (Parts-In-One) desktop series and cases, in order to sustaining the share of market in Uzbekistan. 3 reporters of well-known IT media in Uzbekistan and 60 local customers attended the conference.
- Forte Village Sardinia Resort is Offering Promotions for their Guests for the Holidays
December 20 2014 5:00 AM ET
BOLNEY, WEST SUSSEX, United Kingdom, Dec. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Forte Village Sardinia Resort, a beautiful and luxurious family holiday resort located on the stunning island of Sardinia, Italy, has just announced some generous discounts for the holiday season. On selected dates, Forte Village is giving free child places and 15 percent off adult places, as well as free resort credits for repeat clients. For people who would like to spend the upcoming holidays in a relaxing 5-star resort, the timing of the new discounts could not be any better.