- U.S. Census Bureau Daily Feature for August 2
August 02 2014 12:01 AM ET
WASHINGTON, Aug. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
- Reba McEntire Songs & Lyrics Now Featured On CountryRebel.com's Video Blog
August 02 2014 12:00 AM ET
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Those who love the fun and rebellious nature of the country lifestyle will love the great rebel t shirts now available at Country Rebel Clothing Co.'s new online shop and entertainment site.
- AJC Praises U.S. Congress Approval of Iron Dome Funding
August 01 2014 11:33 PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC expresses its heartfelt appreciation to the United States Congress for approving additional funding for Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system. Today, the Senate unanimously and the House by a vote of 395-8 passed the measure, providing an additional $225 million for Iron Dome.
- FDA approves Jardiance® (empagliflozin) tablets for adults with type 2 diabetes
August 01 2014 11:26 PM ET
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., and INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (BIPI) and Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Jardiance® (empagliflozin) tablets as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control, or blood glucose levels, in adults with type 2 diabetes (T2D). JARDIANCE is not for people with type 1 diabetes or for people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in the blood or urine).
- Lifshitz & Miller Law Firm Announces Investigation of Bally Technologies, Inc., NetSol Technologies, Inc., NeuStar, Inc., Trulia, Inc., URS Corporation, and USANA Health Sciences Inc.
August 01 2014 11:16 PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Bally Technologies, Inc.
Lifshitz & Miller announces an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with the proposed sale of Bally Technologies, Inc. ("BYI") to Scientific Games Corporation in an all stock transaction valued at approximately $83.30 per share or $5.1 billion.
Lifshitz & Miller's investigation is focused on whether the BYI directors are acting in shareholders best interest.
- House Emergency Supplemental Bill to Deal with Border Crisis is a Step in the Right Direction, but Much More Needs to be Done, Says FAIR
August 01 2014 11:01 PM ET
WASHINGTON, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The last minute action by the House of Representatives, approving legislation to deal with the ongoing border crisis, will provide both needed funding and allow for quicker repatriation of illegal aliens who enter the United States and lack a valid claim to stay, says the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).
- Federal Judge Edgardo Ramos Grants Don Coqui Restaurant Group Major Victory Preventing Eleftheria Restaurant Owner "Jimmy The Greek" (Demetrios Mitsios) From Operating Don Coqui Restaurant In Astoria
August 01 2014 11:00 PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Last year, Privado Marketing Group LLC, DC 115 Cedar NR, LLC and Don Coqui Holding Company, LLC (collectively, "Don Coqui") commenced a lawsuit against Eleftheria Restaurant Corp. alleging trademark infringement by Eleftheria of Don Coqui's trademarks and name in connection with Eleftheria's operation of its restaurant in Astoria, Queens.
- Staind's Aaron Lewis Throws First Dice Roll at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City's Grand Opening Event
August 01 2014 11:00 PM ET
SIOUX CITY, Iowa, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Musical celebrity, Aaron Lewis, threw out the first dice roll at the much-anticipated Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City during the entertainment destination's official grand opening event tonight.
Lewis, star of the rock group Staind and critically acclaimed country music artist, kicked off gaming at the new casino before playing the first concert for a private audience at the live entertainment venue, Anthem.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Bally Technologies, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company- BYI
August 01 2014 10:05 PM ET
BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Aug 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Bally Technologies, Inc. ("Bally" or the "Company") (NYSE: BYI) relating to the proposed acquisition by Scientific Games.
Click here to learn more about the investigation http://brodsky-smith.com/802-byi-bally-technologies-inc.html, or call: 877-534-2590. There is no cost or obligation to you.
- L-3 COMMUNICATIONS INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. Following Disclosure of Accounting Irregularities - LLL
August 01 2014 10:00 PM ET
NEW ORLEANS, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF"), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. (NYSE: LLL).
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of GFI Group, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company- GFIG
August 01 2014 9:45 PM ET
BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Aug 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of GFI Group Inc. ("GFI Group" or the "Company") (NYSE: GFIG) relating to the proposed acquisition by CME Group, Inc. ("CME").
Click here to learn more about the investigation http://brodsky-smith.com/801-gfig-gfi-group-inc.html, or call: 877-534-2590. There is no cost or obligation to you.
- Time After Time Takes Action to Contain and Remedy Unauthorized Access to Payment Card Data
August 01 2014 9:31 PM ET
PHILADELPHIA, Aug 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On June 12, 2014, Time After Time was asked to investigate potential unauthorized access to the payment processing system at our Montgomery store. In response, we immediately replaced the servers in that store and engaged a leading computer security company to examine the replaced servers. After signs of unauthorized access were found, we expanded the investigation to all of our stores. During the investigation, we worked with the forensic firm to implement enhanced security measures across all of our stores.
- Kimco Self Storage Expands with U-Haul
August 01 2014 9:00 PM ET
LINCOLN, Neb., Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimco Self Storage is expanding its service by offering U-Haul rental equipment.
"It was an opportunity to get more customers into Kimco," said Kimco Self Storage Manager Jackie Grau. "Hopefully some of the customers who come in to rent U-Haul equipment will become storage customers in the near future."
- Concierge Auctions successfully places 5 luxury mountain properties under contract in one week
August 01 2014 9:00 PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Concierge Auctions, a luxury real estate auction firm serving high-net-worth individuals worldwide, today announced that it has successfully auctioned five luxury mountain properties in the span of one week.
- Epigastric Hernias in Women are an Unfortunate and Often Surprising Reality
August 01 2014 8:36 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- For men, women and children alike, Dr. Shrin Towfigh at the Beverly Hills Hernia Center represents the best chance at relief from abdominal hernia and other types of hernia. Yet, for many, that may sound strange, since common wisdom would have you believe that hernias only happen to men with any regularity. As the only surgeon throughout the Western United States whose work is entirely dedicated to treating all types of hernia, Dr.
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Bally Technologies, Inc.
August 01 2014 8:30 PM ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Harwood Feffer LLP (www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Bally Technologies, Inc. ("Bally" or the "Company") (NYSE: BYI) concerning the proposed acquisition of the Company by Scientific Games Corp. ("Scientific Games").
Under the terms of the transaction, Scientific Games will purchase Bally in a transaction valued at approximately $3.3 billion. Bally shareholders will receive $83.30 in cash for each share owned.
- From Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon... A Van Might Be Your Best Bet
August 01 2014 8:23 PM ET
- 3 Key Differences Between Lap Band and Sleeve Gastrectomy
August 01 2014 8:22 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Aug 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In recent years, interest in bariatric weight loss surgery has become greater than ever. Yet, all too often, sufferers of obesity undergo treatment before learning all of their options, and end up in need of gastric sleeve or lap band revision surgery. Fortunately, surgeons like Dr.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Leads to Better Outcomes for Sufferers of Diabetes
August 01 2014 8:21 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's no secret that obesity is a growing problem in the U.S., and that the disease can increase the risk of severe health issues like arthritis, cancer, and heart disease. That's why bariatric treatments like sleeve gastrectomy provided by the acclaimed beauty and wellness team at Beverly Hills Physicians have been so thoroughly embraced by patients and medical professionals alike.
- Sylmar Condo Fire Reminds of the Importance of Emergency Safety Measures
August 01 2014 8:18 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, the challenges of fire safety have become particularly pronounced in the Los Angeles area, making the commercial fire sprinklers and other safety measures provided at Fire Protection Group, Inc. particularly noteworthy.