- Jesuit Priest Exiled From Syria Says Assad’s 'Puppet State' Will Soon Fall
August 06 2012 5:44 PM
Jesuit priest Paolo Dall'Oglio, who spent the last 30 years in Syria and was recently exiled, said the country still very much needs the U.N.'s help to find a peaceful solution, but the end of Bashar al-Assad's days as president is near.
- Pat Robertson On The Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting: 'It's The Atheists'
August 06 2012 5:04 PM
Pat Robertson said today on the 700 Club that "Satanic atheists" were the cause of the Sunday shooting that occurred in a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, explaining that "they're angry with the world, angry with themselves, angry with society and they take it out on innocent people who are worshiping God."
- Bayreuth Music Festival: Still Stained By Wagner’s Links To Nazism
August 06 2012 12:53 PM
Wagner wrote many tracts that vilified Jews (although his anti-Semitism was hardly unusual in 19th century Europe).
- Chick Fil-A: A Sad, Sorry, Pathetic Spectacle For All Parties Concerned (HOLD FOR SUN AM)
August 05 2012 8:19 AM
Not only did this represent a grave violation of fair trade practices, but it also smacked of a naked ploy to consolidate their political bases (who, no doubt, agree with their views anyway).
- Francisco Franco: Spain’s Struggle To Deal With Fascist Shadows
August 03 2012 5:58 AM
More than 35 years after Franco’s death, the generalissimo remains a divisive figure -- detested by liberals and socialists, ignored by many, but revered by an ever-diminishing group of right-wing admirers.
- Pigs Heads Left At French Mosque: Why Muslims, Jews And Hindus Don?t Eat Pork
August 02 2012 11:10 AM
The prohibition on eating pork is something shared by Muslims and Jews.
- ‘Christian Pilgrim Tours Inc.’ Operator Stole Thousands In Religious Travel Scam
July 26 2012 10:59 AM
John Baird, owner of Christian Pilgrim Tours Inc., promised the trip of a lifetime to his devoutly religious clients. In the end, however, the customers lost thousands of dollars and never made it on their vacations to the Holy Land.
- Scotland To Legalize Same-Sex Marriage Despite Fierce Opposition From Churches
July 25 2012 9:05 AM
The UK government (which represents England and Wales) is expected to pass same-sex marriage by 2015.
- Anti-Irish Hatred: Yes, Pockets Still Exist In Britain
July 24 2012 8:21 AM
Liverpool, only about 130 miles from Dublin across the Irish Sea, has long attracted immigrants from Eire.
- Number Of Nonreligious Americans Continues To Increase: One-Fifth Are Agnostic, Atheist, Or Believe In Nothing
July 21 2012 10:33 AM
The Roman Catholic Church and other large religious organizations in the U.S. have experienced flat or even falling memberships, while the number of Americans who report being atheist, agnostic, or believing in nothing in particular has risen to almost one-fifth of the country's population.
- Why Catholicism Is Losing Influence To Protestantism In Brazil
July 17 2012 6:12 AM
At least 1 million evangelical Christians took part in Saturday's annual March for Jesus in Sao Paulo, demonstrating the growing trend of Protestantism in Brazil.
- Church? Tennis Sign-Ups? Active Networks Sees Gains In Cloud From Online Services
July 16 2012 2:49 PM
Chances are you’ve generated some revenue for Active Network (Nasdaq: ACTV), the San Diego-based cloud computer services software developer without knowing it.
- Chinese Bishop Who Defied Government Is Detained
July 10 2012 1:05 PM
A recently ordained Chinese bishop has been detained after he resigned from his post at the government-run Catholic Patriotic Association, which oversees the state-sanctioned Catholic church in China.
- Katie Holmes Returns To Catholic Church During Divorce From Tom Cruise: Report
July 09 2012 5:31 PM
After studying Scientology for five years, Katie Holmes has decided to return to the Catholic Church amidst her split from Scientologist husband Tom Cruise.
- What On Earth Is A ?White Muslim??
July 06 2012 11:25 AM
There are, in fact, tens of millions of Muslims around the world who are ?white? -- and no one would bother to call them ?white Muslims.?
- Pakistani Mob Murders Blasphemy Suspect, Another Victim Of Archaic Laws
July 05 2012 8:59 AM
The victim was believed to be mentally unstable.
- Why Do Black Americans Embrace Arabs And Reject Israel?
June 20 2012 1:45 PM
Arab racism against black people is deeply-rooted and stretches back centuries.
- Christian Missionaries Protest Arab International Festival With Pig's Head [VIDEO]
June 16 2012 1:54 PM
Christian missionaries held an anti-Islamic protest at the Dearborn, Mich., Arab International Festival and taunted Arab-Americans with a pig's head mounted on a pole while shouting You're gonna burn in hell, according to reports Saturday.
- Roger Garaudy, Communist, Christian, Philosopher, Holocaust Denier, Dies At 98
June 15 2012 11:08 AM
The book ?Founding Myths? was particularly critical of what Garaudy viewed as excessive Jewish influence on U.S. foreign policy.
- U.S. Nuns Face-Off With Vatican Over Gay Marriage, 'Radical Feminism' And Abortion
June 14 2012 6:26 AM
Leaders from the religious organization that represents the majority of U.S. nuns met with senior Vatican officials to discuss deficiencies in the doctrinal assessment issued by the Holy See in April.