Articles by Alberto Riva
- No Politics, Just Cats: Istanbul's Friendly Strays [SLIDESHOW]
March 26 2014 9:00 AM
Turkey goes to the polls on Sunday for a vote being watched the world over. The many, many cats of its biggest city are unconcerned.
- Malaysia Airlines 370 Was Spotted In The Maldives - Or Was It?
March 18 2014 11:41 PM
People on a remote island in the Indian Ocean say they saw a plane that matches the description. It could be true, but there are doubts.
- Boeing's P-8 Poseidon - The Plane That May Find MH370
March 18 2014 6:41 AM
The U.S. Navy's new $35 billion sub hunter is getting a chance to prove itself looking for something that's not in its job description.
- 3 Hijackings That Look Like The Case Of Malaysia Airlines 370
March 16 2014 9:27 PM
Cases from '70, '96 and last month may have something in common with MH370, if indeed it has been hijacked, which we still don't know.
- Reports Of Drone Interception Over Crimea False: Pentagon
March 14 2014 4:12 PM
Russian sources reported Friday that a U.S. drone had been taken down by "self-defense forces" in Crimea. The U.S. says it never happened.
- Worker Email Saying He Saw Flight 370 Go Down Adds To Mystery
March 12 2014 4:17 PM
Five days, 10 nations involved in the search, zero answers: The Boeing 777 may have vanished in one of three different locations.
- Flight MH370 Likely Brought Down By Multiple Causes: Experts
March 11 2014 10:55 PM
Four days into a fruitless search, here's what we know: The Boeing 777 has likely not been stolen, and crashed for more than one cause.
- What Could Have Happened To Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?
March 08 2014 4:20 PM
Still no solid evidence, but here's what we do know about the Boeing 777 that vanished.
- Oil Slick Sighting Could Lead To Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight
March 07 2014 9:51 PM
Flight MH370, from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, is suspected to have crashed into the South China Sea.
- Unmarked Troops in Simferopol: Shady, But Illegal?
March 04 2014 5:52 PM
Soldiers don't have to wear national insignia to conform to the laws of war, if they still clearly look like soldiers.
- A War In Crimea? This Game Saw It Coming 11 Years Ago
March 02 2014 3:41 PM
The Russian designers of "Lock On: Modern Air Combat" were thinking about a war when nobody else was.
- Goodbye To An Icon: On The Last Flight Of The DC-10
February 25 2014 6:12 AM
It was the second-biggest plane after the Boeing 747, it was a symbol of the jet age and now it's gone. IBT had a seat on the very last flight of the DC-10.
- Hey, Is Boeing (See 747) Taking A Side In The Super Bowl? [PHOTOS]
January 30 2014 6:32 AM
Boeing may have decamped to Chicago years ago, but as the Super Bowl approaches, the planemaker shows its Seattle spirit.
- Fiat-Chrysler’s Sergio Marchionne: Revered In Detroit, Reviled In Italy
January 17 2014 5:11 PM
The man who saved Fiat and Chrysler is known for speaking his mind. That has not won him friends at home.
- Here's How Good Boeing's 2013 Was
January 06 2014 12:28 PM
Now, if only the U.S. economy's growth in 2014 can catch up to Boeing's impressive 2013 achievement.
- Pilot Suicide: When It's The Captain Who Crashes The Plane
December 24 2013 1:51 PM
A deadly crash of a Mozambican Embraer 190 in Namibia may have been a pilot suicide. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen -- such as in these cases.
- Mikhail Kalashnikov: The Man Behind The Gun
December 23 2013 2:12 PM
The designer of the most famous firearm in history is dead at 94. In Russia, Kalashnikov was a hero, and these images definitely show it.
- How Saab Beat Boeing And Dassault For Brazil Fighter Jet Contract
December 18 2013 1:29 PM
The Gripen, manufactured by Sweden's Saab, will join the Brazilian Air Force, in a surprise victory over Boeing and Dassault.
- Dubai Air Show Day 3: Inside The Royal Brunei Boeing 787 And Emirates Airbus A380 [PHOTOS]
November 19 2013 1:36 PM
Airbus and Boeing could not take their latest products, the A350 and 777X, to Dubai. But the A380 and 787 were both there.
- Dubai Air Show Day 2: Big Airplanes Usually Don't Do This [PHOTOS]
November 18 2013 1:26 PM
At the record-breaking event, the Airbus A380, several jet fighters, and aerobatics teams finally got a chance to impress.