- Hamas Cease-Fire Violations Are 'Barbaric': White House
August 01 2014 4:29 PM
“We certainly have steadfastly defended Israel’s right to defend themselves and we defend Israel’s right to respond to this barbaric violation of the cease-fire agreement.”
- In Gaza, Relief Lasts About 144 Minutes
August 01 2014 1:43 PM
Since the last Gaza truce in November 2012, Israel has violated the truce 191 times and the Palestinians have violated it 75 times.
- Hamas, Israel Play The Blame Game Over Collapsed Cease-Fire
August 01 2014 11:19 AM
After a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire collapsed in Gaza and one Israeli soldier was feared captured, fighting has now resumed in the Strip.
- Israeli Soldier Feared Kidnapped In Gaza
August 01 2014 9:05 AM
Lt. Hadar Goldin, 23, is believed to have been kidnapped by Hamas forces during a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire.
- Why Egypt Wants A Gaza Cease-Fire
July 31 2014 6:29 PM
The Gaza Strip has two neighbors: Israel and Egypt. The latter has a strong interest in keeping things under control next door.
- Three-Day Gaza Cease-Fire Begins
July 31 2014 6:26 PM
Israel and Hamas agreed to a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire starting Friday morning, 24 days after Operation Protective Edge began.
- Accusations Of War Crimes As Gaza Death Toll Climbs
July 31 2014 11:07 AM
As Israel promised to "finish the mission," Gaza said at least 315 of their dead are children and at least 225K Palestinians are now displaced.
- Shiites Publicly Hang Executed Sunnis From Electrical Wires
July 30 2014 4:36 PM
In the newest wave of sectarian violence in Iraq, 15 Sunnis were shot, killed and hung in a Baghdad public square.
- Gaza Operation Continues 'Forcefully,' With New US Weapons
July 30 2014 4:06 PM
Israeli officials said the operation in Gaza will proceed, while the U.S. approved the transfer of artillery shells and grenades for Israeli use.
- US Opinion On Israel Is Divided
July 30 2014 2:14 PM
Polls find that millennial and nonwhite Americans have much lower opinions of Israel than older, white people.
- Scores Killed In Gaza's Shejaiya Market As Cease-Fire Ends
July 30 2014 12:32 PM
Israeli shells hit a busy marketplace in one of the poorest and most crowded Gaza City neighborhoods.
- Another Day, Another Failed Cease-Fire
July 30 2014 9:41 AM
Israel attempted to call a four-hour humanitarian cease-fire, but Hamas rejected the truce and continued to shoot rockets into Israel.
- Militants Capture Benghazi Special Forces Base
July 29 2014 5:31 PM
"We have withdrawn from the army base after heavy shelling," Saiqa special forces officer Fadel Al-Hassi told Reuters.
- Gaza Conflict Triggers Anti-Semitic Attacks Across Europe
July 29 2014 12:02 PM
Some pro-Palestinian protests across Europe have turned from pro-Gaza to anti-Semitic, some even calling for "death to the Jews."
- Clash Of The Cease-Fires
July 29 2014 11:51 AM
While Kerry and Netanyahu discussed a truce, the PLO, Hamas and Islamic Jihad spoke of a 24-hour cease-fire, and many more Palestinians died.
- 'Destroying Stones Will Not Break Our Determination'
July 29 2014 9:28 AM
At least 100 Palestinians were killed Tuesday as Israeli shelling pounded Gaza's only power plant, plunging many into darkness.
- A Foreign Exodus From Burning Libya
July 28 2014 12:16 PM
Heavy clashes in Tripoli and Benghazi have closed the airspace, cut power and water, and caused foreign governments to leave.
- 'We Fight The Occupiers,' Says Hamas Leader
July 28 2014 8:58 AM
Qatar-based Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal told Charlie Rose he refuses to live under occupation.
- More Turkish Help Could Be On Its Way To Gaza
July 27 2014 4:39 PM
A Turkish NGO is organizing a “Freedom Flotilla II” loaded with humanitarian aid to sail to the Gaza Strip.
- Cease-Fire, Armistice, Peace Treaty - They're All Different
July 27 2014 3:00 PM
Hamas and Israel go back and forth between cease-fire proposals, cease-fire demands and humanitarian cease-fires. Here's a breakdown.