- Curiosity Rover Reaches Final Destination On Mars
September 13 2014 7:09 AM
The rover has reached the foot of a 3-mile-high Martian mountain, two years after beginning its search for life on the red planet.
- Kashmir Floods Lead To Anger Against Indian Government
September 13 2014 6:28 AM
Locals have discarded aid and food supplies dropped by the Indian Army and accuse the government of not going enough.
- Lava From Hawaii Volcano Approaches Homes
September 13 2014 5:09 AM
People on Hawaii's Big Island prepare new escape routes as flowing lava threatens to close an important highway.
- Ssangyong Motors Considers Entering US Auto Market
September 11 2014 8:36 AM
A study being conducted by the company, which is owned by an Indian conglomerate, will look at the feasibility of selling cars in the US.
- Al Qaeda-Backed Group Releases Captured UN Troops
September 11 2014 5:52 AM
Fijian peacekeeping troops who were posted in the Golan Heights had been captured two weeks ago by the Nusra Front.
- Planet's Ozone Layer Is Recovering, UN Report Says
September 11 2014 2:25 AM
A study published by environmental regulators has said that the ozone layer around the Earth is recovering.
- Palestinian Protester Shot Dead By Israeli Soldiers In West Bank
September 10 2014 8:43 AM
A 22-year-old man was shot through the heart by Israeli soldiers while he was allegedly trying to throw an explosive device at them.
- Ferrari Chief Quits After Clash With Fiat's Marchionne
September 10 2014 7:40 AM
Having led the company for 23 years, Montezemolo reportedly quit following Ferrari's poor performance in Formula One races.
- Native South American People 'Invented Football'
September 10 2014 6:09 AM
Other indigenous groups on the continent also reportedly played ball games much before the arrival of Europeans in South America.
- Jews Flee Mariupol Amid Fears Of Anti-Semitism In Ukraine
September 10 2014 2:43 AM
Groups on both sides of the conflict in eastern Ukraine have accused each other of anti-Semitism.
- Exceptional 232-Carat White Diamond Unearthed In South African Mine
September 09 2014 7:42 AM
Shares in the company that owns the Cullinan mine, which has produced some of the world's largest diamonds, shot up after the find was reported.
- Lake Baikal Turning Into A Swamp, Ecologists Warn
September 09 2014 4:53 AM
The dumping of liquid waste and pollutants into the world's largest freshwater lake has been identified as the root cause of the problem.
- US Air Marshall Attacked With Syringe At Nigerian Airport
September 09 2014 2:22 AM
The contents of the syringe are not known but the air marshal was flown back to the US where he is now under observation.
- Germany Arrests Al-Shabab Suspects Returning From Kenya
September 08 2014 7:24 AM
Three German nationals travelling from Kenya and suspected of being al-Shabab members were arrested.
- GM's Self-Drive Cadillac Expected In 2017
September 08 2014 4:45 AM
General Motors has announced that the 2017 CTS Cadillac will be equipped with technology that will allow the car to drive itself.
- US Airstrikes Help Iraqi Forces Retake Area Around Haditha Dam
September 08 2014 1:57 AM
US airstrikes are helping Iraqi ground troops regain territory lost to the Islamic State.
- Woman From Scotland Joined Islamic State To Become 'Martyr,' Parents Say
September 06 2014 10:21 AM
Aqsa Mahmood, Left her home in Scotland to marry an Islamic State fighter in Syria.
- 400,000 Homes Lose Power As Storms Lash Michigan
September 06 2014 6:49 AM
Major energy companies in the storm-hit state said that tens of thousands of its customers have been left without electricity.
- North Korea Test Fires Short-Range Missiles In Sea Of Japan
September 06 2014 5:27 AM
The North Koreans announced that they have successfully completed testing a new tactical short-range missile.
- UK Will Not Pay Ransom For David Haines
September 05 2014 8:11 AM
The British aid worker, a captive of the Islamic State, was kidnapped in March 2013 in Syria near the Turkish border.