Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un Sends Envoy To China
May 22 2013 3:33 AM
North Korean leader sent a special envoy to Beijing on Wednesday, a day after a Chinese fishing crew was freed after government intervention.
- Guatemala Court Overturns Former Military Ruler Rios Montt’s Conviction
May 21 2013 9:14 AM
Guatemala’s highest court on Monday annulled a conviction against former dictator Efrain Rios Montt.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- President Obama To Meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein In DC
May 20 2013 9:41 AM
President Barack Obama will meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein on Monday, amid apprehensions over sustainability of the nation’s reforms.
- China, India Jointly Push For New Initiative To Resolve Border Dispute
May 20 2013 8:31 AM
China and India on Monday decided to end their border disputes amicably, while signing new agreements to strengthen ties.
- China Asks North Korea To Free 16 Chinese Fishermen
May 20 2013 6:03 AM
China has asked North Korea to release 16 Chinese fishermen, who were on board a Chinese fishing boat.
- Violence Strikes Across Iraq: At Least 43 Killed
May 18 2013 8:32 AM
Twin bomb blasts hit a Sunni Muslim mosque in the Iraqi city of Baquba, some 50 kilometers (31 miles) to the northeast of Baghdad.
- North Korea Launches 3 Missiles Into Sea
May 18 2013 7:14 AM
A South Korean official told Reuters the government would not speculate whether the missiles were part of a drill or training exercise.
- Chinese Man Accused Of Insulting Quran In Kashmir
May 18 2013 6:21 AM
A Chinese national was taken into protective custody in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, over alleged insult of the Quran.
- Philippines Special Envoy In Taiwan Cautions Filipino Workers To Keep Low Profile
May 17 2013 8:53 AM
Philippines special envoy in Taiwan on Friday advised thousands of Filipino workers to keep a low profile, amid a diplomatic row.
- Iran Election: Cleric Says Women Cannot Be Presidential Candidates
May 17 2013 6:51 AM
Thirty women had registered as candidates, although there was little hope that any of them stood a chance in the election.
- Nigerian Forces Launch Offensive Against Militants
May 17 2013 5:34 AM
Nigerian armed forces have launched raids against Boko Haram Islamist militants in the north-east, officials said on Thursday.