Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- ECB Could Use Negative Deposit Rates To Aid EZ: Draghi
June 18 2013 6:17 AM
ECB's Mario Draghi said Tuesday that the bank may resort to unusual policy measures such as negative deposit rates to save the euro zone.
- G-8 Summit Security Breached Briefly By Protesters
June 18 2013 4:27 AM
Protesters breached the security perimeter surrounding the G-8 summit venue in Northern Ireland on Monday, but dispersed after police warning.
- Brazilians Protest Corruption, High Taxes In Biggest Protest In Decades
June 18 2013 2:07 AM
Nationwide protests have swept Brazil, as people vent their frustration over heavy taxes and poor public services.
- G8 Leaders Call Jobs And Growth 'Top Priority'
June 18 2013 12:01 AM
Complete text of the G-8 communique on global economy issued on Monday. The meeting continues Tuesday.
- Turkey Labor Union Strike Jolts Financial Markets, Lira
June 17 2013 7:59 AM
Turkey labor unions call for a nationwide protest on Monday against police crackdown on protesters, weakening lira and financial markets.
- Airbus Profit Margin To More Than Double By 2015: CEO
June 17 2013 4:09 AM
Airbus expects its profit margin to more than double by 2015, its CEO said, ahead of the 2013 Paris Air Show scheduled to begin on Monday.
- UK Spied On Foreign Diplomats At G-20 Meets In 2009
June 17 2013 2:20 AM
Ahead of the G-8 summit on Monday, leaked documents obtained by the Guardian reveal British spies snooped on foreign diplomats at G-20 summits.
- India Could Be World's Most Populous Nation In 15 Years: UN
June 17 2013 12:48 AM
India’s population is projected to exceed China's in about 15 years, at which point both nations are estimated to have 1.45 billion people each.
- US Lawmakers Question Edward Snowden's China Links
June 14 2013 7:33 AM
U.S. lawmakers question Edward Snowden’s links to China while Chinese media weigh how useful the ex-NSA contractor could be to Beijing.
- Putin Sides With Washington On Surveillance, Drones
June 14 2013 5:44 AM
The U.S. government won an unlikely ally in Putin, who defended the NSA’s spying programs and U.S. drone strikes.
- G-8 Summit Draws Flak From Tax Havens, Anti-capitalists
June 14 2013 3:30 AM
The two-day G-8 summit, scheduled to begin Monday in Northern Ireland, is facing a flurry of criticism from various quarters.
- Iranians Vote To Elect New President
June 14 2013 1:12 AM
Iranians began voting in the country’s presidential election that will name a successor to outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.