Articles by Angelo Young
- Hooroo Aussies! Ford Will Stop Making Cars Down Under
May 23 2013 11:20 AM
Ford is ending manufacturing activities in Australia after 87 years as the country's auto production has been hit hard by cheaper Asian imports.
- US Markets Shake Off Asian Jitters For Now
May 23 2013 10:50 AM
Investors seemed to weigh the Asian market sell-off and Europe decline against a stream of encouraging news about the U.S. economy.
- Asian Markets Fall Sharply On Fed’s Comments, China Report
May 23 2013 8:44 AM
Comments by Ben Bernanke and the latest China manufacturing activity report pull down Asian stock markets.
- Euro Zone Private Sector Misses Again In May
May 23 2013 7:55 AM
The euro zone purchasing managers’ index for May shows that businesses are still contracting. Meanwhile, the U.K. reported flat Q1 growth.
- Wal-Mart Hires Former Bush Adviser To Lead Gov't Relations
May 22 2013 2:46 PM
Wal-Mart has hired Dan Bartlett, ex-advisor to George Bush, to head government relations amid bribery and Bangladesh-factory controversies.
- Troubled US Electric Sports Car Maker - China Partnership Ahead?
May 22 2013 10:59 AM
The troubled maker of the Karma electric hybrid sports car could end up in the hands of a US boutique car company and a Chinese partner.
- EU-reka! Deficits Narrow Across Zone
May 22 2013 9:28 AM
Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece's account balances are heading toward pre-crisis levels, thanks to improved trade imbalances.
- EU Leaders Are Getting Fed Up With Tax Evasion
May 22 2013 8:38 AM
Two important summits are coming up this year where Europe-based tax evasion and fraud will surely take center stage.
- Surprise! (To No One) - Jamie Dimon Set To Remain JPMorgan Chairman, CEO
May 21 2013 11:59 AM
CEO Jamie Dimon survives vote to strip him of chairmanship.
- Home Depot's Q1: Another Sign Of Housing's Rebound?
May 21 2013 8:20 AM
The world's largest home improvement retailer's Q1 results pleasantly surprised Wall Street's analysts.
- Communist Lux: Fancy Car Demand Down In China
May 21 2013 5:31 AM
Luxury car prices declined 3.4% in April, showing just how much demand for luxury goods by the country's civil servants affects prices.
- New China Fund Eyes International Private Equity Opportunities
May 20 2013 9:09 AM
The so-called Chinese Momentum Fund is seeking capital from investors abroad for the dollar-denominated fund to invest globally.