Articles by Arjun Kashyap
- German Industrial Production Up In January
March 07 2014 6:18 AM
Industrial production measures output at factories, mines, construction sites and utilities, with fifty or more employees.
- Fri Futures Signal Slow Start
March 07 2014 5:44 AM
At the end of a volatile week, markets seem ready for a breather ahead of data on jobs and trade.
- Bank Of England Policy: Steady As She Goes
March 06 2014 7:20 AM
The BOE kept its key bank rate the same, and also maintained its purchased assets at the same level.
- Thurs Futures Signal Upbeat Start
March 06 2014 6:07 AM
Earnings from big-box stores, data on jobless claims and February same-store sales numbers should influence markets Thursday.
- Wed Futures Suggest Subdued Start
March 05 2014 6:19 AM
Concerns over Ukraine should rein in the market rally, keeping stocks in a range until economic data provide direction.
- Europe Q4 GDP Estimate In Line With Expectations
March 05 2014 5:17 AM
In the third quarter of 2013, GDP had grown by 0.1 percent in the euro area and by 0.3 percent in the EU.
- Eurozone Composite PMI At 32-Month High
March 05 2014 4:36 AM
While Germany’s private sector grew at its fastest pace in 2.5 years, France’s suffered a faster decline than before.
- Tues Futures Suggest Positive Start
March 04 2014 5:26 AM
Positive news from Ukraine could pave the way for some opportunistic buying on a day devoid of major data and earnings.
- Mon Futures Suggest Weak Start
March 03 2014 6:05 AM
US markets look set to share in the anxiety felt around the world about the outcome of the Ukraine crisis.
- PMI Data Bodes Well For EU, UK Factory Sectors
March 03 2014 5:18 AM
The latest PMI data showed recovery in Europe’s manufacturing sector had completed its eighth successive month.
- China Factory PMI Confirms Slowdown
March 02 2014 11:17 PM
Hurt by a fall in output and new business, companies cut their staffing levels at the fastest pace in nearly five years.
- Automakers In India: In For The Long Haul [PHOTOS]
February 28 2014 5:10 PM
Automakers in India are hoping for better times while working hard to launch the next blockbuster product.
- Fri Futures Suggest Weak Start
February 28 2014 5:42 AM
Economic data on GDP, PMI, consumer sentiment and housing should influence market movement.
- Euro Area Jobless Rate, Inflation Hold Steady
February 28 2014 5:23 AM
Compared with December 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 17,000 in both the EU and the euro area.
- General Motors India Announces Leadership Change
February 28 2014 1:14 AM
GM’s Chevrolet brand has been present since 2003 in India, which is one of the world’s fastest-growing car markets.
- Thurs Futures Point To Weak Start
February 27 2014 6:37 AM
Janet Yellen's testimony to Congress along with a fresh bunch of earnings from retailers should decide how markets behave Thursday.
- Consumer Confidence Takes A Hit In Europe
February 27 2014 5:33 AM
A sentiment indicator from the European Commission showed consumer confidence dipped while industry confidence inched up.
- Wed Futures Suggest Positive Start
February 26 2014 5:43 AM
The downward correction seen in the markets in the previous session should pave the way for a higher opening Wednesday.
- UK’s Q4 GDP Estimate Matches Previous Reading
February 26 2014 4:47 AM
Also, in 2013, U.K. GDP rose a modest 1.8 percent - or below-trend for the trillion-dollar class economy segment.
- Tues Futures Suggest Lower Open
February 25 2014 5:49 AM
Earnings from retail majors such as Macy's and Home Depot will influence market movement.