- The attack, claimed by ISIS, comes a day after a UN envoy met with the country's president to plan an end to the months-long civil war.
- The growth exceeded analyst estimates, which had pegged growth for the September quarter to be at 7.3 percent.
- The move has been preceded by bloody protests that have claimed several lives in the past few weeks.
- Last week, the Taliban claimed responsibility for an attack on a guest house that claimed the lives of 14 people.
- There were 131 people on board the Boeing 737 airplane operated by India-based Jet Airways.
- The missing plane is an Airbus A320-200, which was delivered to AirAsia in October 2008, according to Airbus.