Articles by Brett Forman
- DNI Declassifies New Round Of NSA Documents
November 18 2013 9:45 PM
At issue is the NSA bulk electronic communications metadata collection program that was revealed by whistle-blower Edward Snowden.
- Bipartisan House Vote Approves Back Pay For Federal Workers
October 05 2013 11:56 AM
The House voted 407-0 on Saturday to give back pay to furloughed federal employees.
- Kenya Mall Attack Kills At Least 39, As Al-Shabaab Militants Claim Credit
September 21 2013 3:17 PM
The attackers allegedly targeted non-Muslims, fired automatic weapons and threw grenades at a shopping mall in Nairobi.
- Senate Passes Bipartisan Student Loan Bill
July 24 2013 8:03 PM
The measure, if it becomes law, caps student loan interest rates at 8.25 percent for undergraduates and 9.5 percent for graduates.
- White House Correspondent Helen Thomas Dead
July 20 2013 11:02 AM
Thomas reported on every U.S. president from John F. Kennedy to Barack Obama and attained legendary status.
- Venezuela, Nicaragua To Offer Asylum To NSA Leaker Snowden
July 05 2013 9:19 PM
The news came shortly after Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega said Friday he was willing to grant asylum to Edward Snowden.
- At Least 43 Killed After Multiple Bombings In Afghanistan
June 30 2013 1:55 PM
Three different parts of Pakistan were hit by bombings, killing at least 43 people, according to a report.
- Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing In Hudson River
June 30 2013 1:00 PM
The NYPD said a helicopter crash-landed in the Hudson river, but all five passengers were rescued.
- US Jobless Claims Drop To Lowest Level In 6 Weeks
April 25 2013 9:03 AM
Fewer Americans filed for new unemployment benefits in the latest week, as the U.S. labor market continues to slowly improve.
- Czech Republic Approves Medical Marijuana
February 15 2013 8:39 AM
Marijuana is now legal for medical treatment in the Czech Republic after Czech President Vaclav Klause signed the measure into law on Friday.
- 'Django Unchained': Blood, Sweat, And Tears Of Laughter
December 15 2012 2:35 PM
"Django Unchained" combines the revenge-fantasy and buddy-film genres to unflinchingly stare down one of the most heinous periods in history.
- Barack Obama Wins Florida And 332 Electoral Votes
November 10 2012 1:48 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama has been declared the winner in Florida -- four days after the Nov. 6 general elections.
- Hurricane Sandy Live Blog, Day 10: 113 Dead; NJ Allows Email Voting; Cold Weather Arrives
November 04 2012 9:13 AM
The insurers are asked to ease the rules on documenting the damage so that the debris could be removed ahead of another storm.
- Governors Declare State Of Emergency Ahead Of 'Frankenstorm'
October 27 2012 10:22 AM
A state of emergency was declared in Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Washington, D.C., ahead of Hurricane Sandy.
- 'One Small Step For Man, One Small Step For Mankind' - Neil Armstrong, First Man To Walk On The Moon, Dead At 82
August 25 2012 3:41 PM
Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, has died at 82.
- SEC Shuts Down Zeekrewards.com and Zeekler.com After Declaring Company A Ponzi Scheme
August 17 2012 10:10 PM
Zeekrewards.com was shut down by the Securities and Exchange Commission after the regulating agency declared it a $600 million Ponzi scheme, according to reports.
- 7 US Soldiers Among 11 Dead In NATO Blackhawk Crash In Aghanistan
August 16 2012 9:40 AM
A Blackhawk military helicopter crashed in Southern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing 11 people, seven of them U.S. soldiers, according to the Associated Press.
- Cristina Fernández Nationalized Big Oil In Argentina; Is Gambling Next?
June 30 2012 2:20 PM
Reports indicate that Argentina's president is planning to nationalize gambling, one of the country's most treasured pastimes. It's unclear whether this step would be good or bad for the average gambler. But it holds nothing but trouble for Argentina's economy.
- Supreme Court Upholds Individual Mandate In Victory For 'Obamacare': Report
June 28 2012 10:23 AM
The Supreme Court has upheld the individual mandate, crucial to Obama's signature healthcare law overhaul, in a victory for the Obama administration.
- Egyptian Ex-President Mubarak Clinically Dead: Sources
June 19 2012 5:54 PM
Hosni Mubarak, who ruled Egypt for three decades until overthrown by a revolution in the Arab Spring last year, was declared clinically dead by his doctors on Tuesday, the state news agency MENA said in a report confirmed by a hospital source.