Articles by David Kashi
- Europe To Ukraine: We Have Your (Natural Gas) Back
March 07 2014 4:31 PM
Almost half of Europe's natural gas from Russia passes through Ukraine. Now Russian state-owned energy company Gazprom wants to stop the flow.
- US Navy Ship In Black Sea As Ukraine, Russia Tension Rises
March 07 2014 1:55 PM
The U.S. Navy said the deployment is part of a "routine" exercise.
- Apple And Israel Want To Become Closer Friends
March 06 2014 2:33 PM
Israel is known for its high-tech industry, and Silicon Valley has noticed. Prime Minister Netanyahu himself has visited to bolster ties.
- The 18 Ukrainians Whose Assets Were Frozen By The EU
March 06 2014 11:39 AM
Deposed President Viktor Yanukovych may have embezzled almost $37 billion of Ukrainian state funds, but what about his cronies?
- Ukraine's Military Capabilities - Strengths And Weaknesses
March 05 2014 5:09 PM
If an armed conflict breaks out between Ukraine and Russia, what capability does Ukraine have to wage a fight?
- Turkey's Crimea Connection - Why Istanbul Cares About Ukraine
March 05 2014 12:40 PM
Turkey has become a Black Sea region power, and Russia's deployment of more troops in Crimea and Ukraine has Turkish officials worried.
- WikiLeaks Reveals Ukraine's Cries For Help: Is US Aid Too Late?
March 04 2014 2:49 PM
U.S. diplomatic cables reveal that Ukraine appealed for support against Russian aggression years ago.
- Here's One Way Things Could Calm Down
March 03 2014 3:35 PM
Russia has used its energy resources as a political tool to exert influence, but now those resources may get in its way.
- Will Iraq Become The World's Largest Oil Exporter?
March 03 2014 10:23 AM
Despite sectarian violence erupting in Iraq, its oil production has reached a 25-year high.
- Israel Warns Lebanon Ahead Of Possible Hezbollah Attack
February 28 2014 2:53 PM
As Hezbollah threatened Israel with retaliation following an alleged Israeli strike on the organization earlier this week, Israel warns the Lebanese government.
- Next Conflict In Europe: A Country On The Black Sea
February 28 2014 2:22 PM
Georgia could set off another regional confrontation with Russia - and a former top U.S. diplomat warns it's time to act.
- Are The Erdogan Corruption Tapes Real?
February 27 2014 2:00 PM
Turkey's corruption scandal takes a new twist with tapes of the prime minister talking about hoards of cash. But are they real?
- Ousted Ukrainian President Yanukovych Finally Breaks Silence
February 27 2014 12:09 PM
Rejected at home, Viktor Yanukovych has turned to the vast and boundless country to the east for asylum.
- Outside US, NATO Is Not Exactly Going On A Spending Spree
February 25 2014 3:55 PM
With the majority of NATO forces withdrawing from Afghanistan by the end of 2014, the question is, what comes next for the alliance?
- Yet Another Excuse By Erdogan On Corruption Scandal
February 25 2014 11:23 AM
Are Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan's excuses for the corruption scandal enough to maintain his and his party's credibility?
- Israel Strikes Hezbollah Stronghold On Lebanese-Syrian Border
February 24 2014 5:27 PM
Lebanese security officials say the Israeli air force has struck a Hezbollah stronghold.
- Despite UN Embargo, Iran Signs Arms Deal With Iraq
February 24 2014 1:49 PM
Since the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, relations between Shiite Iran and Shiite-led Iraq have increased.
- The Rationale Behind Turkey's New Internet Laws
February 24 2014 11:47 AM
Turkey's government imposed strict Internet laws that have put President Abdullah Gul in a precarious position.
- Why Won't Kiev Take US Defense Secretary Hagel's Phone Calls?
February 21 2014 12:09 PM
A veteran U.S. diplomat said the silent treatment from Ukraine is alarming.
- Muslims Left Out As Spain Moves To Grant Sephardic Jews Citizenship
February 21 2014 5:56 AM
Five centuries after the Inquisition forced the Jews out of Spain, a new law would grant their descendants citizenship.