Articles by David Kashi
- The Cypriot Solution To Its Banking Crisis
December 04 2013 9:25 AM
Find out how Cypriots are hedging against the banking crisis and skirting strict capital controls on their bank accounts.
- Keystone Or Not, Canada Is Getting Its Oil Out
November 29 2013 2:17 PM
Delays in the approval of Keystone XL have led Canada to find other means of moving its crude to market.
- Typhoons Spreading Fukushima Radiation
November 29 2013 11:53 AM
Two years after the nuclear power plant was destroyed, radioactive material continues to leak from the site.
- Why Did Obama Approve A Pipeline But Not Keystone?
November 27 2013 1:17 PM
How a new pipeline approved by Obama will help Canadian oil producers extract more tar sands.
- How Global Warming Is Dictating US Defense Strategy In The Arctic
November 27 2013 9:59 AM
What does climate change have to do with Obama's national security strategy?
- PetroChina Receives Notice Of Investigation From US District Court
November 26 2013 11:33 AM
A PetroChina shareholder filed a complaint with a US court over the energy company's suspicion of violating U.S. security regulations.
- New Study Suggests Curbing Emissions Won't Stop Global Warming
November 26 2013 11:22 AM
Is curbing carbon emissions the real way to fight climate change? New research finds that even if you halt emissions the earth will continue to warm.
- Repsol May Finally Get Argentina Compensation
November 26 2013 9:05 AM
Repsol to receive compensation from Argentina over the country's takeover of the energy company's stake in an Argentine energy company.
- Keystone's Evil Twin? Maybe ... To Environmentalists
November 26 2013 6:27 AM
Is this project 'one small step for Enbridge, one giant step for TransCanada'?
- Oil Prices Falling Following Iran Nuclear Deal
November 25 2013 11:16 AM
After several weeks of negotiation, the U.S. and international partners agreed to a deal with Iran that would loosen sanctions, bringing oil prices down.
- A Keystone XL Angle You've Never Heard
November 22 2013 2:09 PM
The debate over the controversial pipeline project, which has taken center stage in the U.S. and Canada, is actually more nuanced than you think.
- Columbia University Energy Daylong Discussion
November 22 2013 10:50 AM
Columbia University Center on Global Energy Policy kicked off the 9th annual Columbia University Energy Symposium, titled, Future Now: Energy Progress in the 21st Century.
- What You Need To Know About Keystone XL Status
November 21 2013 12:42 PM
The cross-border Keystone XL project has been delayed again. When will the pipeline, if approved, finally be operational?
- 25 Dead In Guinea Gold Mine Explosion
November 21 2013 9:30 AM
The West African nation has struggled to provide safety for independent miners.
- Greenpeace 'Arctic 30' Granted Bail
November 21 2013 9:25 AM
The environmental-activist crew of the Arctic Sunrise have been held in a Russian prison since September, charged with piracy and hooliganism.
- Europe To Canada: Keep (At Least Some Of) Your Crude
November 20 2013 12:05 PM
Europe is looking to curb its carbon emissions and that means staying away from Canada's tar sands-based crude oil.
- NYC Swarms With Toxic Sites: Find Out Where To Avoid Them
November 20 2013 6:20 AM
There is something on the streets of New York City that most people do not know about that can harm them. What is it?
- US Provides $37 Million In Humanitarian Aid Since Typhoon
November 19 2013 11:28 AM
The U.S. is not only providing humanitarian aid with cash and materials but also helping with search-and-rescue efforts.
- Why Banks In London Are Exiting The Carbon Trade
November 19 2013 10:15 AM
The emissions trading system in Europe may be failing, as London banks close or scale back carbon trading desks.
- South Africa Could See Expansion Of Coal Plants
November 19 2013 8:24 AM
Escalating prices and an abundance of reserves could spur the implementation of coal expansion projects.