Articles by David Magee
- Magic/Bird on Broadway Review: NBA Greatness Hard to Replicate on Stage
April 18 2012 11:52 AM
On Broadway the new play Magic/Bird by Eric Simonson that opened last week fails to elicit the same type of emotion that makes for good theater. The 95-minute play (no intermission) is more at times like watching the first quarter of a Golden State-Seattle NBA game than watching a championship series game seven more than a quarter-of-a-century ago between Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics.
- Nissan's Carlos Ghosn Betting Big On Electric Car
April 04 2012 9:28 AM
Nissan Motor Co.'s CEO Carlos Ghosn didn't kill the electric car. He's the man determined to make the electric car a new cultural and transportation revolution.
- New York Knicks Guard Jeremy Lin Out With Injury; Stoudemire Out Indefinitely
March 26 2012 7:18 PM
New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin will miss his first game Monday night against the Milwaukee Bucks due to a knee injury.
- Supernatural Supermarket 'Ghost' Caught on Security Footage? [VIDEO]
March 25 2012 12:02 PM
Brompton IGA store owner Norm Hurst told Adelaide Now that previous store owners told him the market was haunted. Now he believes maybe it is after CCTV video apparently caught proof that something strange is occurring in the market. Hurst reportedly closed up the market last week with everything in order.
- New York Knicks, Jeremy Lin Beat Pistons at MSG
March 24 2012 10:06 PM
The New York Knicks returned to winning ways -- claiming a sixth win in their past seven games by beating the Detroit Pistons 101-79 at Madison Square Garden Saturday night.
- Apple Dividend Against Steve Jobs' Will, But Tim Cook Shows New Way
March 19 2012 3:03 PM
When the late Steve Jobs had a will, he often got his way. That's why Apple hasn't paid a dividend since 2005.
- New York Knicks, Jeremy Lin Beat Indiana Pacers -- Win Streak At Three
March 17 2012 9:41 PM
It was the third consecutive win for New York Knicks interim head coach Mike Woodson, after replacing Mike D'Antoni who resigned earlier in the week. The Eastern Conference win was critical for the Knicks, who are trying to hang onto a playoff position in the second half of the season.
- GE's Stock Trades Higher; Analysts Cite GE Capital Improvement
March 14 2012 1:28 PM
GE was trading up $1.29 percent on Wednesday to $19.84 on a report from Credit Suisse analysts Julian Mitchell, Charles Clarke and Jonathan Shaffer which estimates that GE Capital will soon resume paying a dividend to its parent company, resulting in higher shareholder returns.
- See Gerald Green's Amazing Dunk In Nets-Rockets Game (VIDEO)
March 11 2012 10:53 AM
The Nets continue to struggle, but the team at least had one the NBA season's best highlights on Saturday night on a alley-oop dunk by Gerald Green. He took the pass from Marshon Brooks and launched a massive windmill jam that brought the Newark, New Jersey crowd to its feet.
- Newark Shuttle America Emergency Landing Closes Airport
February 27 2012 7:20 PM
Newark's Liberty International Airport was closed Monday evening after a plane with hydraulic problems made an emergency landing there, according to a report.
- Daytona 500 Start Time Postponed Until Monday -- Rain Remains in Forecast
February 26 2012 5:33 PM
The Daytona 500 was postponed on Sunday for the first time in the history of the racing event. It will now begin on Monday at noon Eastern Time, weather permitting.
- Gas Prices, Oil Prices Rise -- Talk of Another Recession: What's Ahead for U.S.?
February 26 2012 4:47 PM
Why is one professional observer so negative about America's short-term economic prospects?