Articles by David Magee
- Magic/Bird on Broadway Review: NBA Greatness Hard to Replicate on Stage
April 18 2012 11:52 AM
On Broadway the new play Magic/Bird by Eric Simonson that opened last week fails to elicit the same type of emotion that makes for good theater. The 95-minute play (no intermission) is more at times like watching the first quarter of a Golden State-Seattle NBA game than watching a championship series game seven more than a quarter-of-a-century ago between Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics.
- Nissan's Carlos Ghosn Betting Big On Electric Car
April 04 2012 9:28 AM
Nissan Motor Co.'s CEO Carlos Ghosn didn't kill the electric car. He's the man determined to make the electric car a new cultural and transportation revolution.
- New York Knicks Guard Jeremy Lin Out With Injury; Stoudemire Out Indefinitely
March 26 2012 7:18 PM
New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin will miss his first game Monday night against the Milwaukee Bucks due to a knee injury.
- Supernatural Supermarket 'Ghost' Caught on Security Footage? [VIDEO]
March 25 2012 12:02 PM
Brompton IGA store owner Norm Hurst told Adelaide Now that previous store owners told him the market was haunted. Now he believes maybe it is after CCTV video apparently caught proof that something strange is occurring in the market. Hurst reportedly closed up the market last week with everything in order.
- New York Knicks, Jeremy Lin Beat Pistons at MSG
March 24 2012 10:06 PM
The New York Knicks returned to winning ways -- claiming a sixth win in their past seven games by beating the Detroit Pistons 101-79 at Madison Square Garden Saturday night.
- Apple Dividend Against Steve Jobs' Will, But Tim Cook Shows New Way
March 19 2012 3:03 PM
When the late Steve Jobs had a will, he often got his way. That's why Apple hasn't paid a dividend since 2005.
- New York Knicks, Jeremy Lin Beat Indiana Pacers -- Win Streak At Three
March 17 2012 9:41 PM
It was the third consecutive win for New York Knicks interim head coach Mike Woodson, after replacing Mike D'Antoni who resigned earlier in the week. The Eastern Conference win was critical for the Knicks, who are trying to hang onto a playoff position in the second half of the season.
- GE's Stock Trades Higher; Analysts Cite GE Capital Improvement
March 14 2012 1:28 PM
GE was trading up $1.29 percent on Wednesday to $19.84 on a report from Credit Suisse analysts Julian Mitchell, Charles Clarke and Jonathan Shaffer which estimates that GE Capital will soon resume paying a dividend to its parent company, resulting in higher shareholder returns.
- See Gerald Green's Amazing Dunk In Nets-Rockets Game (VIDEO)
March 11 2012 10:53 AM
The Nets continue to struggle, but the team at least had one the NBA season's best highlights on Saturday night on a alley-oop dunk by Gerald Green. He took the pass from Marshon Brooks and launched a massive windmill jam that brought the Newark, New Jersey crowd to its feet.
- Newark Shuttle America Emergency Landing Closes Airport
February 27 2012 7:20 PM
Newark's Liberty International Airport was closed Monday evening after a plane with hydraulic problems made an emergency landing there, according to a report.
- Daytona 500 Start Time Postponed Until Monday -- Rain Remains in Forecast
February 26 2012 5:33 PM
The Daytona 500 was postponed on Sunday for the first time in the history of the racing event. It will now begin on Monday at noon Eastern Time, weather permitting.
- Gas Prices, Oil Prices Rise -- Talk of Another Recession: What's Ahead for U.S.?
February 26 2012 4:47 PM
Why is one professional observer so negative about America's short-term economic prospects?
- US Gas Prices Soar on 'Fear Factor'; 'Sky is the Limit' if War Erupts
February 23 2012 9:36 AM
The United States at present has plenty of supply and only light demand, yet gas prices are steadily rising. Americans, while still addicted to oil, are driving more fuel-efficient cars, so why are there predictions of $5-a-gallon gas by year's end? The answer is fear -- mainly of war with Iran, a major oil producer.
- Is Knicks Star Jeremy Lin Such a Big Surprise?
February 20 2012 3:57 PM
The sudden rise of New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin has stunned many inside the National Basketball Association and those who watch the league on a regular basis.
- Jeremy Lin, Knicks Beat Mavericks; Lin Scores 28 Points
February 19 2012 3:59 PM
Jeremy Lin shined in perhaps his most difficult test yet, as the New York Knicks beat the Dallas Mavericks 104-97 Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.
- Naked 12-Year-Old Girl Eating from Trash Cans Stuns Neighbors
February 18 2012 11:49 AM
A naked 12-year-old girl seen eating from trash cans has stunned neighbors in Temecula, California, according to a report.
- Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks 'Chink in the Armor': ESPN Apologizes
February 18 2012 10:14 AM
After the New Orleans Hornets ended the New York Knicks' seven-game winning streak, ESPN.com took a dig at Jeremy Lin, using the headline Chink in the Armor on its mobile sites.The headline, accompanying a photo of Lin, was distributed to ESPN.com's mobile users.
- When is Easter Sunday 2012?
February 11 2012 2:58 PM
When is Easter Sunday 2012? Easter, the central feast day in the Christian calendar, celebrates the resurrection of Jesus, who rose according to the Bible on the third day after his crucifixion.
- When is Tax Deadline for 2012? It's April 17... (VIDEO)
February 11 2012 2:31 PM
The Internal Revenue Service announced in January of this year when the 2012 tax season began that taxpayers have until April 17 to file their tax returns this year. One reason is that the traditional deadline, April 15, falls on a Sunday. Another reason is Emancipation Day.
- Where's My IRS Refund 2012? Click Here to Find Out...
February 11 2012 2:17 PM
Even though 2011 federal tax returns aren't due until April 17, 2012 those who file early often do so to get a quick refund from the IRS. The IRS notes that most refunds are issued within 10 days for those who file returns electronically. Those filing paper returns can expect to wait weeks for their refund. Still, many want to know the status of their refund since hundreds and even thousands of dollars are often in limbo.