Articles by Eric Linton
- 4 More Officials Called To Testify On NJ Lane Closings
April 22 2014 7:31 PM
The Port Authority's top executive is among those called before a New Jersey committee.
- Keystone Pipeline Decision Delayed Again
April 18 2014 2:38 PM
The comment period will be extended, most likely putting any decision after Election Day.
- Korean Ferry Captain Charged As Grim Search Continues
April 18 2014 1:37 PM
The captain says he is "deeply ashamed," and a school official kills himself.
- 12 Guides Killed In Mt. Everest Avalanche
April 18 2014 9:32 AM
The accident is the deadliest ever seen on the world's highest mountain.
- Separatist Government Ousted In Quebec Election
April 07 2014 9:01 PM
The Parti Quebecois was crushed after rekindling fears of another referendum on leaving Canada.
- Unemployment Benefit Renewal Passes Senate
April 07 2014 8:32 PM
A few Republicans are pressing Boehner for a vote, but he seems unlikely to move.
- Death Toll Rises To 5 After Chile Earthquake
April 01 2014 8:32 PM
The magnitude-8.2 earthquake originated at a depth of 12.5 miles in the Pacific Ocean, about 60 miles northwest of Iquique.
- Iran Names 1979 Hostage-Taker As UN Envoy
March 29 2014 9:12 PM
The appointment of Hamid Aboutalebi could anger the U.S. and further hurt chances for a nuclear deal.
- Debris Found Not From Plane, Aussies Say
March 29 2014 8:10 PM
As the search resumed Sunday, objects retrieved Saturday seem not to be from the lost flight.
- Next Target: Estonia?
March 19 2014 2:31 PM
Now Russia is accusing another neighbor of mistreating its Russian population.
- Japan Trade Deficit Narrows, But Still Worse Than Forecast
March 18 2014 9:02 PM
An import rush before a sales tax hike takes effect is one factor blamed for the persistent deficit.
- Russia's Most Wanted Chechen Enemy Reported Dead, Again
March 18 2014 8:07 PM
The death of the accused terror leader has been confirmed by his movement, but not the Russians.
- China Home Prices Slow In February But FDI Is Up
March 17 2014 10:50 PM
The data indicated a slight cooling off of the real estate market in major cities.
- Republican Wins Florida House Seat
March 11 2014 8:25 PM
The special election, fought over Obamacare, could be a bad sign for Democrats.
- US Debt Ceiling Won't Jolt Markets This Year
February 12 2014 3:54 PM
The U.S. Senate passed the debt ceiling increase bill, 55-43, after a filibuster attempt by Ted Cruz was blocked by his own party leaders.
- Strong China Trade Figures For January Beat Expectations
February 11 2014 10:03 PM
The trade numbers far exceeded economists' forecasts.
- 600 Syrians Evacuated From Homs
February 09 2014 5:52 PM
The evacuees, mainly women, children and the elderly, have endured a siege for more than a year.
- Swiss Vote To Curb Immigration From EU
February 09 2014 12:03 PM
Just over half vote to end pact, defying government and big business.
- Microsoft May Turn To Ericsson CEO: Report
January 15 2014 8:54 PM
Hans Vestberg is in the running, but the software firm's search process is far from over.
- $1 Trillion Spending Bill Proposed In Congress [FULL TEXT]
January 13 2014 9:41 PM
The appropriations chairmen of both houses say the bill keeps the federal government running without threat of a shutdown.