- Erdogan: Fight Against ISIS Must Include No-Fly Zone, Buffer Zone
September 28 2014 5:13 PM
In a speech at the World Economic Forum Sunday, President Erdogan said Turkey is prepared to join the fight against ISIS.
- UN Sheds Light On The Mystery Leader Of Khorasan
September 24 2014 4:50 PM
Mohsin al-Fadhli, thought to be the leader of the terror group, had a notable career in al Qaeda before turning up in Syria.
- US Airstrikes In Syria Scramble Middle East Alliances
September 23 2014 7:23 PM
Sunni Arab states are supporting U.S. strikes against ISIS in Syria, but will have to deal with a worsening humanitarian crisis.
- US-backed Rebel Group Said Airstrikes Benefit Assad
September 23 2014 3:38 PM
The Harakat Hazm rebel group, armed with US TOW missiles, condemned the airstrikes in Syria in a statement released on Facebook.
- US Airstrikes In Syria Aimed At Stopping Khorasan
September 23 2014 1:44 PM
The U.S. targeted the Khorasan group in Syria, an al Qaeda splinter, because it was planning an attack on the west.
- Obama's 'Degrade And Destroy' Strategy Has Begun
September 23 2014 2:39 AM
The U.S., along with some of its Arab allies, began bombing the stronghold of the Islamic State group in Syria early Tuesday morning.
- Syrian Jets Bomb ISIS Rebels On Lebanese Border
September 22 2014 1:09 PM
The airstrikes left an undetermined number of people dead and wounded in the town of Arsal on the Lebanese border.
- Coordinated Bombings In Baghdad Suggest ISIS Advances
September 19 2014 6:13 PM
ISIS bombings in Baghdad Thursday and Friday suggest the militant Islamic State group has made new advances on the ground.
- Refugees Flee As ISIS Attacks Kurdish Villages In Syria
September 18 2014 5:34 PM
On Thursday, the Islamic State attacked 16 villages in northern Syria, causing thousands of Kurds to flee to Turkey.
- Turkish Buffer Zone On Syria Border May Not Work
September 16 2014 1:28 PM
Turkish border forces may thwart President Erdogan's plan for a buffer zone to help isolate ISIS in Syria.
- Rise Of Al Qaeda Calls Into Question Obama's ISIS Plan
September 15 2014 2:25 PM
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is taking advantage of chaos in Yemen; U.S. drones and special forces failed to stop it.
- Without Turkey To Stop Them, ISIS Fighters Enter Syria Freely
September 14 2014 5:07 PM
Turkey has become the key entry point for fighters into Syria and Iraq. Without its help, the U.S. will have a hard time getting rid of ISIS.
- Libya On The Brink Of Becoming Failed State, Jihadi Haven
September 12 2014 3:23 PM
As Islamist militants fight for Benghazi, Libya moves closer to becoming a place where people with radical agendas are at home.
- Ex-Marine General To Manage US Fight Against ISIS
September 12 2014 9:57 AM
President Obama chose retired Marine Corps Gen. John Allen to manage the effort to destroy the Islamic State.
- The Fight Against ISIS Is Not A War, Kerry Says
September 11 2014 6:54 PM
In an interview with CNN, Secretary of State John Kerry said the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria was not a war.
- 'Total War' Against ISIS Easier Said Than Done
September 11 2014 4:38 PM
Multiple Mideast powers with their own agendas make forging a coalition difficult.
- Who Is The 'Moderate Opposition' In Syria?
September 10 2014 9:20 PM
President Obama said Wednesday that the U.S. would train, fund and arm more moderate opposition rebels in Syria. Who are they?
- In Syria, What Will US Airstrikes Target?
September 10 2014 9:07 PM
In the past two weeks, the U.S. has flown surveillance flights over Syria to gather intelligence about ISIS’s bases and movements.
- Airstrikes In Syria: Excerpt From Obama Speech Released
September 10 2014 6:38 PM
An excerpt of Wednesday evening's speech about ISIS shows President Obama will call for U.S. airstrikes in Syria.
- Obama To Ask For Approval, Funding Of Syrian Airstrikes
September 10 2014 4:21 PM
The president also plans to ask Congress for more money to fund and train the moderate opposition in Syria, a source says.