- Coordinated Bombings In Baghdad Suggest ISIS Advances
September 19 2014 6:13 PM
ISIS bombings in Baghdad Thursday and Friday suggest the militant Islamic State group has made new advances on the ground.
- Refugees Flee As ISIS Attacks Kurdish Villages In Syria
September 18 2014 5:34 PM
On Thursday, the Islamic State attacked 16 villages in northern Syria, causing thousands of Kurds to flee to Turkey.
- Turkish Buffer Zone On Syria Border May Not Work
September 16 2014 1:28 PM
Turkish border forces may thwart President Erdogan's plan for a buffer zone to help isolate ISIS in Syria.
- Rise Of Al Qaeda Calls Into Question Obama's ISIS Plan
September 15 2014 2:25 PM
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is taking advantage of chaos in Yemen; U.S. drones and special forces failed to stop it.
- Without Turkey To Stop Them, ISIS Fighters Enter Syria Freely
September 14 2014 5:07 PM
Turkey has become the key entry point for fighters into Syria and Iraq. Without its help, the U.S. will have a hard time getting rid of ISIS.
- Libya On The Brink Of Becoming Failed State, Jihadi Haven
September 12 2014 3:23 PM
As Islamist militants fight for Benghazi, Libya moves closer to becoming a place where people with radical agendas are at home.
- Ex-Marine General To Manage US Fight Against ISIS
September 12 2014 9:57 AM
President Obama chose retired Marine Corps Gen. John Allen to manage the effort to destroy the Islamic State.
- The Fight Against ISIS Is Not A War, Kerry Says
September 11 2014 6:54 PM
In an interview with CNN, Secretary of State John Kerry said the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria was not a war.
- 'Total War' Against ISIS Easier Said Than Done
September 11 2014 4:38 PM
Multiple Mideast powers with their own agendas make forging a coalition difficult.
- Who Is The 'Moderate Opposition' In Syria?
September 10 2014 9:20 PM
President Obama said Wednesday that the U.S. would train, fund and arm more moderate opposition rebels in Syria. Who are they?
- In Syria, What Will US Airstrikes Target?
September 10 2014 9:07 PM
In the past two weeks, the U.S. has flown surveillance flights over Syria to gather intelligence about ISIS’s bases and movements.
- Airstrikes In Syria: Excerpt From Obama Speech Released
September 10 2014 6:38 PM
An excerpt of Wednesday evening's speech about ISIS shows President Obama will call for U.S. airstrikes in Syria.
- Obama To Ask For Approval, Funding Of Syrian Airstrikes
September 10 2014 4:21 PM
The president also plans to ask Congress for more money to fund and train the moderate opposition in Syria, a source says.
- Deconstructing 'Degrade And Destroy'
September 10 2014 12:47 PM
U.S. officials have said the administration's goal is to "degrade and destroy" ISIS. What does that actually mean?
- Obama Ready To Approve Syria Airstrikes
September 10 2014 9:26 AM
The president reportedly is prepared to authorize airstrikes in Syria against the Islamic State, without approval from Congress.
- UN Secretary-General Asks Assad To Find Political Solution In Syria
September 10 2014 8:11 AM
The U.N.'s Ban Ki-moon asked President Assad to seek a political solution in Syria, which would help in the fight against ISIS.
- Leader Of ISIS Rival In Syria Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack
September 09 2014 3:06 PM
More than 20 members of Ahrar al-Sham, an ISIS rival in Syria, were killed in a suicide bomb attack Tuesday, including its leader.
- US Doesn't Know If ISIS Is A Domestic Threat
September 09 2014 2:08 PM
News that an ISIS fighter had worked at a U.S. airport stokes fears of another 9/11. But experts don't know if ISIS is a threat to the U.S.
- What Will Obama's Speech On ISIS Address?
September 08 2014 3:59 PM
President Obama is set to lay out his strategy for fighting ISIS in a speech Wednesday. Here's a list of what he might announce.
- What Makes People Join ISIS?
September 05 2014 8:01 PM
The barbaric group has attracted recruits from across the Muslim world, but also the United States and Europe.