- FSA Says It Advanced In Damascus Battles
July 21 2014 6:08 PM
For the first time in months, Free Syrian Army rebels made advances near the capital, a move that could gain them status with the U.S.
- In Libya's First Known Beheading, Filipino Worker Killed By Militia
July 21 2014 11:59 AM
A Filipino worker was beheaded by a militia in Libya after being kidnapped on July 15.
- Israel's Tunnel Vision In Gaza
July 18 2014 2:48 PM
Israel's ground offensive in Gaza is focused on destroying tunnels that supply Hamas with Iranian rockets.
- Palestinians and Israelis Post Reactions To Ground Offensive
July 17 2014 7:54 PM
Reports from the Gaza offensive shared via Whisper, a new app that allows users to post anonymously.
- Gaza Resistance Forces Reportedly Fight Back Against Israeli Offensive
July 17 2014 3:56 PM
The number of people killed in Gaza has reached 240, including seven children, and the border has been closed.
- Libya's Oil Industry A Casualty Of Recent Violence
July 17 2014 3:32 PM
The Libyan economy is in trouble, given recent violence and with oil revenue in the control of militias.
- Training Libyan Soldiers May Not Be Working As Planned
July 16 2014 6:39 PM
Libyan soldiers are receiving training from Italy, United Kingdom and Turkey, but often use it to fight for militias instead.
- Who Is In Control Of What In Libya?
July 16 2014 4:35 PM
Most of the chaos that consumes the country is a direct result of the fracturing of militias.
- Tripoli Airport Clash Forces Closure Of Libya's Airspace
July 15 2014 6:49 PM
Islamist militants attacked the Tripoli airport Sunday night, leading to two days of clashes in the city and killing at least 13 people.
- Israel Focuses On Ridding Hamas Of Its Rockets
July 15 2014 12:50 PM
According to experts, Israel could send troops into Gaza within the next 24 hours if Hamas continues to fire rockets.
- UN Security Council Gives Aid Organizations More Access To Syria
July 14 2014 7:16 PM
Aid organizations operating in Syria can deliver aid to those in need more easily after the UN Security Council passed its resolution.
- In The Israel-Gaza Conflict, Media Focuses On Numbers
July 14 2014 6:17 PM
The discussion of the Israel-Gaza conflict has focused largely on the numbers of those killed.
- Injured Palestinians Barred From Leaving Gaza
July 14 2014 3:47 PM
The border crossing with Israel is open for Palestinians who need medical attention, but dozens were barred from getting through on Monday.
- ISIS Battle For Baghdad Unlikely, Experts Say
July 12 2014 7:11 AM
When ISIS began its takeover of key cities in Iraq last month, it seemed it would march on Baghdad as well. What happened?
- Palestinians Unlikely To Unite In Current Israel-Gaza Crisis
July 09 2014 8:12 PM
Palestinian youth living in Gaza and the West Bank are unlikely to unite for a general uprising. Here's why.
- Syrian Forces Advance On Aleppo While US Stalls On Military Aid
July 08 2014 6:41 PM
In the coming battle for Aleppo, opposition battalions must fight both Assad's troops and ISIS.
- That Map Of The ISIS European Conquest? Flawed, Experts Say
July 07 2014 6:40 PM
A map showing a plan for ISIS expanding its caliphate spread on social media, but experts say it isn't what it seems.
- As ISIS Advances, Syrian Opposition Debates Two-Front Fight
July 07 2014 4:47 PM
Leaders of the Syrian National Coalition are meeting in Istanbul this week to talk about new ways to fight ISIS.
- ISIS Attacks Amount To Ethnic Cleansing, Experts Say
July 03 2014 2:03 PM
If ISIS is committing ethnic cleansing in Iraq, what can be done in legal terms to punish it? The answer is not much.
- Does Anyone Care That ISIS Kidnapped 130 Kids?
July 02 2014 4:28 PM
The most dangerous extremist group in the world has kidnapped scores of children in Syria. Why isn't the international community reacting?