- Taliban Offensive Poses Military Dilemma For U.S.
August 29 2014 4:10 PM
While ISIS takes the spotlight, the Taliban has launched a campaign in Afghanistan to retake the land it lost to Western troops - and Obama may be forced to respond.
- The Anti-ISIS Coalition May Look Familiar
August 28 2014 1:41 PM
U.S. officials said they are close to forming an international coalition to fight ISIS, reminiscent of the beginnings of the war on terror.
- ISIS Accused Of Recruiting Child Soldiers
August 27 2014 4:14 PM
According to the United Nations, ISIS trains child soldiers in camps in Aleppo Province, where it's advancing on the ground.
- US Spy Flights Over Syria Could Help Assad's Faltering Forces
August 26 2014 4:58 PM
The Syrian military has lost an airbase to ISIS, which keeps advancing. U.S. surveillance flights could be a boon for Assad regime forces.
- Hamas, Israel Reach Long-Term Cease-Fire Deal
August 26 2014 11:48 AM
The announcement comes after weeks of negotiations between Hamas and Israel, which were spearheaded by the Egyptian government in Cairo.
- Syrian Opposition Pleads For US Weapons To Fight ISIS
August 25 2014 5:29 PM
Syria's "moderate opposition" fears abandonment, while the Assad regime would be glad to join the "war on terror."
- 'ISIS Does Not Speak On Behalf Of The World's 1.5 Billion Muslims'
August 22 2014 12:29 PM
Following the killing of U.S. journalist James Foley, Muslims from around the world voiced their outrage on social media.
- 'We Weren't Out Chasing War'
August 21 2014 4:59 PM
James Foley, who was beheaded by ISIS, was an inspiration for the young freelancers who found themselves by his side in the Mideast.
- The Price Of Joining ISIS: Foley Allegedly Used As Token
August 20 2014 4:33 PM
The ISIS militants who beheaded James Foley apparently had been given the journalist as a token of allegiance by another group.
- ISIS Says It Beheaded US Journalist James Foley
August 19 2014 5:06 PM
Freelance journalist James Foley, who disappeared in Syria in November 2012, was allegedly beheaded in a graphic video by ISIS militants.
- Airstrikes In Tripoli Kill 6, But It's Unclear Who Is Responsible
August 19 2014 3:57 PM
The Libyan capital was hit by an airstrike, but the Libyans said they aren't responsible, and no other nations admitted to striking Tripoli.
- Egypt Is 'Closely Following' Ferguson
August 19 2014 12:11 PM
Egypt, accused of killing hundreds of demonstrators, is urging U.S. authorities to exercise restraint in Ferguson, Missouri.
- FAA Bans Flights Over Syria
August 18 2014 8:30 PM
The FAA issued a statement Monday night banning flights over Syria.
- Gaza Cease-Fire Extended For A Day
August 18 2014 6:21 PM
Israel and members of the Palestinian leadership will continue talks in Cairo as the cease-fire is extended for 24 hours.
- Obama: Mission In Iraq Is Not Over
August 18 2014 5:23 PM
President Obama said Monday that the "work is not yet done" in Iraq.
- Obama Asks Protesters To Remain Peaceful
August 18 2014 4:54 PM
President Obama addressed tensions in Ferguson, Missouri: "Our constitutional rights ... must be vigilantly safeguarded."
- Friend Tells Officer Wilson's Version Of Brown Shooting
August 18 2014 4:45 PM
A woman on a local radio station in St. Louis explained Officer Darren Wilson's version of the Mike Brown shooting.
- Inside Al-Shifa: When A Hospital Becomes A Target
August 15 2014 6:32 PM
Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City has become a de-facto refugee camp, shelter, local hangout and target, doctors there say.
- Slowed Down In Iraq, ISIS Makes Big Gains In Syria
August 14 2014 2:16 PM
In the past 24 hours, ISIS has taken over five towns north of Aleppo and could capture positions controlling border traffic with Turkey.
- Kidnapped US Journalist Still Missing In Syria
August 13 2014 3:40 PM
Austin Tice is still missing in Syria two years after he lost contact with family and friends.