- Legal Sports Betting Inevitable In The US, NBA Commissioner Says
September 04 2014 2:12 PM
“It’s inevitable that, if all these states are broke, that there will be legalized sports betting in more states than Nevada."
- BP’s Conduct Found 'Reckless' By Judge
September 04 2014 11:21 AM
Billions in claims are now at stake after a U.S. judge ruled Thursday that BP acted with gross negligence in 2010's Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Ebola's Expanding Reach: Africa Outbreak Slows Thai Rice Shipments
September 03 2014 2:06 PM
Thailand's rice industry, already hurt by internal politics, is having trouble exporting to West Africa.
- Apple Stock Price Falls Amid Nude Photo iCloud Hack Scandal
September 03 2014 11:38 AM
Apple's reputation was sullied after iCloud’s role in a hack that resulted in the release of nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence.
- Ukraine Conflict A Boon To Russian Domestic Air Travel
September 03 2014 10:41 AM
Amid overall flat growth in air travel globally, Russian domestic air travel grew almost 10 percent in July.
- 4 Stocks Likely To Fall After Apple's Big Rollout
September 02 2014 8:12 AM
These companies have a had a great ride piggybacking on Apple Corp. stock, but that may end with the September 9 new-product announcements.
- Tesla Motors Stock Should Be Bought, $400 A Share Likely, Analyst Says
September 02 2014 7:45 AM
Tesla Motors appears to have carved out a defensible niche in the global market for luxury electric vehicles, ans one analyst expects its stock to hit $400 a share.
- Labor Day Travel 2014: Knee Defender Takes Flight
August 29 2014 10:47 AM
Some airlines ban the new device that protects knees from reclining seats, but there's no FAA prohibition against it.
- The Top 10 Stocks In The Biggest China Exchange Traded Fund
August 29 2014 8:45 AM
The biggest China fund in the U.S. is selling like hotcakes as investors expect more stimulus.
- Burger King Poll: Will You Boycott If Company Moves To Canada?
August 26 2014 11:41 AM
Weigh in here with your opinion on Burger King's planned move to Canada.
- Burger King Agrees To Buy Canada's Tim Hortons
August 26 2014 8:30 AM
Burger King has agreed to buy Tim Hortons Inc., a Canadian donut and coffee shop chain, for cash and stock.
- Warren Buffett To Finance Burger King Acquisition Of Tim Hortons
August 26 2014 8:09 AM
Warren Buffett's plan to help finance Burger King's planned move to Canada to avoid U.S. taxes puts him at odds with Obama administration policy.
- Goodyear Replaces Blimp With New 'Wingfoot One' Zeppelin
August 25 2014 2:41 PM
Zeppelins are distinguished by their incorporation of a rigid frame that shapes the aircraft. Blimps, on the other hand, maintain their shape by regulating pressure.
- Five Of The Biggest Tax Inversion Deals
August 25 2014 12:16 PM
Legal changes caused a slowdown in the number of inversions after the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004, but they have since rebounded.
- Green Mountain Coffee Shares Hit 52-Week High After Kraft Deal
August 25 2014 11:26 AM
Kraft and Keurig Green Mountain signed an agreement that will have the former sell its branded coffees in the latter’s special Keurig packaging.
- S&P 500 Tops 2,000 Mark For First Time
August 25 2014 10:46 AM
The stock index’s year-to-date performance improved to a 7.6% gain last week from 5.8% a week earlier.
- Yellen Focuses On Jobs, Holds Off On Rate Hikes
August 22 2014 4:15 PM
Raising rates too quickly could weaken the job market as money to expand and create jobs becomes more expensive, Yellen said.
- The Best Places To Flip Houses In America
August 22 2014 11:21 AM
Nearly 31,000 single family homes were flipped nationwide in the second quarter of 2014. Here's where you can get the best returns.
- Janet Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech As A Word Cloud
August 22 2014 10:44 AM
Here's a word cloud generated from the text of Fed Chair's speech.
- Bank of America Paying $16.5B To Settle Mortgage Case
August 21 2014 9:37 AM
“Bank of America failed to make accurate and complete disclosure to investors, and its illegal conduct kept investors in the dark."