- Burger King Poll: Will You Boycott If Company Moves To Canada?
August 26 2014 11:41 AM
Weigh in here with your opinion on Burger King's planned move to Canada.
- Burger King Agrees To Buy Canada's Tim Hortons
August 26 2014 8:30 AM
Burger King has agreed to buy Tim Hortons Inc., a Canadian donut and coffee shop chain, for cash and stock.
- Warren Buffett To Finance Burger King Acquisition Of Tim Hortons
August 26 2014 8:09 AM
Warren Buffett's plan to help finance Burger King's planned move to Canada to avoid U.S. taxes puts him at odds with Obama administration policy.
- Goodyear Replaces Blimp With New 'Wingfoot One' Zeppelin
August 25 2014 2:41 PM
Zeppelins are distinguished by their incorporation of a rigid frame that shapes the aircraft. Blimps, on the other hand, maintain their shape by regulating pressure.
- Five Of The Biggest Tax Inversion Deals
August 25 2014 12:16 PM
Legal changes caused a slowdown in the number of inversions after the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004, but they have since rebounded.
- Green Mountain Coffee Shares Hit 52-Week High After Kraft Deal
August 25 2014 11:26 AM
Kraft and Keurig Green Mountain signed an agreement that will have the former sell its branded coffees in the latter’s special Keurig packaging.
- S&P 500 Tops 2,000 Mark For First Time
August 25 2014 10:46 AM
The stock index’s year-to-date performance improved to a 7.6% gain last week from 5.8% a week earlier.
- Yellen Focuses On Jobs, Holds Off On Rate Hikes
August 22 2014 4:15 PM
Raising rates too quickly could weaken the job market as money to expand and create jobs becomes more expensive, Yellen said.
- The Best Places To Flip Houses In America
August 22 2014 11:21 AM
Nearly 31,000 single family homes were flipped nationwide in the second quarter of 2014. Here's where you can get the best returns.
- Janet Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech As A Word Cloud
August 22 2014 10:44 AM
Here's a word cloud generated from the text of Fed Chair's speech.
- Bank of America Paying $16.5B To Settle Mortgage Case
August 21 2014 9:37 AM
“Bank of America failed to make accurate and complete disclosure to investors, and its illegal conduct kept investors in the dark."
- Is Detroit Really More Livable Than London?
August 20 2014 8:44 AM
Economic inequality and civil unrest have made London one of Europe's least livable cities.
- McDonald's Makes Its First Move Into The Grocery Store
August 19 2014 1:47 PM
The move will pit McDonald's directly against Starbucks Corporation, which has been in grocery stores since 1998
- Inflation Seen Rising Modestly In July
August 18 2014 4:38 PM
Tuesday's government report on the U.S. Consumer Price Index is this week's most important economic news.
- UK Aims For Central Role In Bitcoin Trading
August 06 2014 12:18 PM
The Treasury report expected this fall will highlight benefits and downsides associated with bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- Ooredoo Rolls Out Myanmar's Newest Phone Service Provider
August 06 2014 12:05 PM
Ooredoo and rival Norwegian company Telenor both received licenses to operate in Myanmar last year and have been racing to roll out service.
- Pope Francis Urges Youth To Moderate Technology Use
August 06 2014 11:55 AM
"Our life is made up of time, and time is a gift from God, so it is important that it be used in good and fruitful actions."
- Young Black, Hispanic Workers Still Face Toughest Job Hunt
August 01 2014 1:05 PM
The employment-to-population (EPOP) ratio tells you more about the U.S. economic recovery than the "new jobs" numbers.
- Unemployment Is Up, But So Are New Jobs ...
August 01 2014 11:23 AM
That might defy logic, but there's actually a good reason for that puzzling metric from today's U.S. report on labor conditions.
- This Week's Stock Purge Cost US Billionaires About $17B
August 01 2014 9:30 AM
The U.S. stock market had its worst day in months on Thursday, falling more than 300 points. It was a painful day for America's billionaires.