Articles by Greg Morcroft
- US Minimum Wage: 5 Fascinating Facts You Must Know
December 05 2013 2:27 PM
As the national debate about the minimum wage hits the boil, here are five facts to know, courtesy of Pew Research.
- The Bitcoin Phenomenon - Merrill Sees A Very High Value
December 05 2013 9:45 AM
Merrill's valuation argument is compelling. Take a look.
- Mortgage Banks, Look Out: US DOJ's Holder
December 05 2013 9:03 AM
The U.S. plans to prosecute several big banks in 2014 for mortgage fraud, Attorney General Holder says.
- Japanese Stocks Rallied In November While Gold And Silver Fell Out Of Bed
December 02 2013 8:36 AM
Monetary policy drove equities prices higher in November at the expense of gold and silver.
- Bullish On Those Tweets
December 02 2013 7:11 AM
Goldman calls Twitter a buy and sets a $46 price target on the social media star.
- New Big Apple Mayor De Blasio Set To Zap Owners Of Vacant Lots
November 26 2013 12:04 PM
New York's new mayor wants to raise taxes on empty lots to spur development of affordable housing.
- Best Bitcoin Infographic We've Seen Yet
November 26 2013 10:55 AM
Don't understand the bitcoin system? This chart covers it from A to Z.
- Climate Change May Affect One-Third Of 2025 Global GDP
November 26 2013 9:26 AM
Here are the 10 nations whose economic output is most threatened by climate change.
- Living Wage Still A Dream For US Minimum Wage Employees
November 21 2013 11:07 AM
An online calculator from MIT shows how much you need to make in your town just to achieve a living wage.
- Chinese Military's Supercomputer Twice As Fast As US' Best
November 20 2013 11:51 AM
China has unveiled the world's fastest supercomputer, and U.S. experts are likely raising their eyebrows.
- Bitcoin - On The Verge Of Becoming A Medium Of Exchange?
November 20 2013 11:05 AM
The virtual currency is having its moment in the sun, after high-profile hearings in Washington this week.
- SEC Charges Employee With Lying About Owning Bank Stocks
November 19 2013 12:31 PM
SEC housecleaning continues as the agency charges a staffer in New York with lying about shareholdings.
- Ted Turner, Tired But More Experienced At 75
November 19 2013 11:59 AM
The outsized media mogul talks about his energy level and the survival of the planet in an interview with CNNMoney.
- Robbers Sack Manning's Papa John's While QB Beat Kansas City Chiefs
November 18 2013 1:57 PM
One of Peyton Manning's Papa John's pizza joints was robbed while he was playing football.
- Wal-Mart Starts Holiday Food Drive...For Its Employees
November 18 2013 12:02 PM
Wal-Mart's labor practices are again under scrutiny after an Ohio store launched a food drive so some workers could afford a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Can Amazon Partnership Reverse US Post Office's Unending Losses?
November 15 2013 12:09 PM
The U.S. Postal Service lost $5 billion in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, as First-Class Mail continued to decline.
- Cybercrime - Cloud Data, LinkedIn Likely Targets In 2014
November 15 2013 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, computer hackers bent on stealing your data and wrecking your life will be using new weapons in 2014.
- California Shuts Down 10 Scammer Health Care Websites
November 15 2013 9:03 AM
Scam websites luring people looking to sign up for health insurance represents the latest complication for the Affordable Care Act.
- JPMorgan - A Twitter Campaign Misstep
November 14 2013 9:32 AM
J.P. Morgan Chase canceled a public outreach on Twitter after it unleashed a flood of negative responses.
- This Chart Shows Just What Too-Big-To-Fail Means
November 12 2013 3:30 PM
This chart shows why anyone paying attention to banking over the last 20 years know why our top firms are too-big-to-fail.