- Medics Amputate Trapped Climber's Foot To Free Him
September 28 2014 6:44 AM
The climber was in the dangerous Magaliesburg mountain range near Johannesburg when he got stuck, forcing medics to take drastic action.
- Fugitive Survivalist Leaves Trail Of Diapers, Cigarettes For Pursuers
September 28 2014 5:22 AM
Eric Matthew Frein is the chief suspect in the killing of Pennsylvania State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding of Trooper Alex Douglass.
- Argentina Faces Contempt Hearing, $50,000 A Day Fine Over Debt Crisis
September 28 2014 3:56 AM
Hearing is over Argentina's failure to follow court order to continue to pay holders of its restructured debt.
- Al Qaeda Offshoot Vows Retaliation Over US Airstrikes
September 28 2014 1:51 AM
Pressured by U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria, the militant group said, "This is not war against al-Nusra, but a war against Islam."
- US Dossier Names 'Most Wanted' Jihadis
September 27 2014 5:07 AM
The list names figures with key roles in the transportation and training of foreign fighters in Syria and the financing of terror activity.
- The Ebola Miracle: How Senegal Has Dodged the Outbreak
September 27 2014 1:55 AM
Senegal shares a border with Guinea, which has been hit hard by the Ebola outbreak, but it has managed to keep the virus at bay.
- Nike Sees Profits Surge Post-World Cup
September 26 2014 6:33 AM
High demand for footwear and apparels in the quarter ending August pushed the sportswear manufacturer's profits up 15 percent.
- German Body Calls For Sex Between Siblings To Be Decriminalized
September 26 2014 3:11 AM
The council's declaration follows a controversial case of a brother and sister who had four children together.
- Sierra Leone Puts One Million People Under Quarantine To Combat Ebola
September 26 2014 2:27 AM
The quarantine of three districts follows a three-day, country-wide quarantine last week, in the Ebola-hit country.
- Russians Call For Ban On Hollywood Movies
September 25 2014 11:58 PM
Parliamentarians and film directors are calling for a boycott of U.S. movies, as relations sour over the crisis in Ukraine.
- Security Stepped Up At Vatican: ISIS May Be Targeting Pope
September 20 2014 4:41 PM
A conversation between two Arabic speakers reportedly referred to a “demonstrative act, Wednesday, at the Vatican.”
- Suspected Jihadi John's Father Admits To Terror Charges
September 20 2014 3:18 PM
Adel Abdul Bary pleaded guilty to three charges associated with al Qaeda’s bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa in 1998.
- Ebola Fight Hit By Western Apathy, Lack Of Aid
September 14 2014 5:05 AM
"We know what needs to be done but we don't know why it's not being done. It's incomprehensible to us," an MSF doctor in the region said.
- Ukraine Soldiers Filmed Wearing SS Insignia Deny Neo-Nazi Links
September 14 2014 3:34 AM
Ukrainian Azov battalion fighters depicted on ZDF TV wearing uniforms with swastikas and Nazi runic symbols.
- Will The Kidnapped Nigerian Schoolgirls Ever Be Found?
September 14 2014 12:55 AM
Months after the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, the kidnapped children remain in the hands of Boko Haram while the world has moved on.
- Why Are HIV Rates So High In Russia?
September 13 2014 2:34 AM
Ten years ago, 170,000 people in the Russian Federation had human immunodeficiency virus. The estimated number now is 1.2 million.
- Reeva Steenkamp's Parents Express 'Shock' At Pistorius Verdict
September 13 2014 12:43 AM
June and Barry Steenkamp said they do not believe Pistorius' version of events on the night he killed their daughter.
- ISIS, Obama And The Mother Of All Conspiracy Theories
September 12 2014 7:26 PM
Al Qaeda's assaults on Sept. 11, 2001, led to all manner of weird and wacky theories, suggesting the U.S. abetted the terrorists.
- Majority Of Chinese Predict War With Japan: Poll
September 12 2014 3:20 AM
A majority of Chinese people believe that war with Japan will happen; and many of them see it happening within the next five years.
- Photo Of Ferguson Cop 'Darren Wilson' Exposed As Social Media Hoax
September 07 2014 11:41 AM
Twitter and Facebook spread photo of man with facial injuries claiming to be Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.