- Georgia Senate Candidate Michelle Nunn's 'Campaign Plan' Leaked
July 28 2014 11:38 PM
“The Campaign Plan,” published on National Review's website, was distributed to Democrat Nunn and notable supporters in 2013.
- Air Algérie Plane Wreckage And Human Remains Found In Mali
July 24 2014 7:37 PM
“Someone saw the plane fall and alerted us, so we sent a mission there that went to the spot," said a Burkina Faso official.
- Some WSJ Computer Systems Taken Offline After Cyber Attack: Dow Jones
July 22 2014 11:07 PM
Reuters reported that a hacker with the Twitter handle w0rm allegedly posted tweets and screenshots claiming to have hacked the website and offered to sell user information and credentials needed to control the server.
- Suicide Bomb Kills At Least 4 At Benghazi Army Base, Security Source Says
July 22 2014 4:11 PM
At least four people were killed in a suicide bombing at a Libyan army base in the eastern city of Benghazi on Tuesday, according to a security source.
- Heavy Explosion Reported In Kabul
July 21 2014 10:59 PM
The blast took place in Qasaba Road at about 6:30 a.m. local time, according to a report.
- Jeremy Lin Traded To Lakers From Rockets
July 11 2014 11:05 PM
Guard Jeremy Lin and a first-round pick have been traded by the Houston Rockets to the Los Angeles Lakers, according to an NBA source.
- Amazon Asks FAA For Permission to Test Drone Delivery On Home Turf
July 10 2014 11:14 PM
The Internet retail giant outlined the state of the program and asked regulators to give it an exemption to drone-testing rules in a letter published at Regulations.gov. The rules restrict flights to six official staging areas in the United States, according to NBC News.
- Chinese Central Bank Investigating Bank Of China Money Laundering Allegations
July 10 2014 10:38 PM
"We have noticed the media report about a commercial bank's cross-border renminbi business, and are verifying related facts," the report quoted an unidentified spokesman of the Bank of China,
- Airbus Pushes For A330neo Orders Before Farnborough Airshow: Report
July 09 2014 9:32 PM
The highly anticipated launch of the so-called revamped A330 depends on the response of airlines and lessors that are being courted just days before next week's event. Still, the company seems to be securing at least two buyers, the sources.
- US Grounds Entire F-35 Fleet Pending Engine Inspections
July 04 2014 12:30 AM
Directives have ordered the suspension of all F-35 flights following a fire on an Air Force F-35A at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.
- Ousted American Apparel CEO Gives Power To Hedge Fund: Report
July 02 2014 11:17 PM
Dov Charney, who created American Apparel in 1989, has handed over his entire stake and voting rights in the retailer to Standard General.
- Bobby Womack, Legendary Soul Singer And Songwriter, Dies At 70
June 27 2014 9:48 PM
Soul legend Bobby Womack had a slew of hits, and his music was covered by artists such as the Rolling Stones.
- Ukraine Separatists Free 4 OSCE Hostages; 4 Remain In Custody
June 26 2014 11:26 PM
Pro-Russian rebels had detained eight observers from the Organization for the Security and Cooperation in Europe.
- Obama Seeks $500M To Aid Moderate Syrian Rebels
June 26 2014 3:46 PM
In an effort to assuage concerns that certain equipment given to the Syrian opposition might ultimately fall into enemy hands, rebels would be vetted before receiving assistance, a White House statement said, according to the new agency.
- Google TV Set-Top Box To Compete With Apple And Amazon Offerings
June 24 2014 11:18 PM
Google is planning to reveal at least one small set-top box that resembles products including Amazon's Fire TV, Roku and Apple's Apple TV.
- Lockheed Wins $1.9B Deal For Missile-Warning Satellites
June 24 2014 10:35 PM
The contract, announced in the Pentagon's daily digest of major contract awards, runs through Sept. 30, 2022.
- Lankford Wins Oklahoma GOP Nomination In US Senate Race
June 24 2014 9:49 PM
Lankford avoids a runoff and faces the Democratic nominee and an independent in November by capturing over 50 percent of the vote on Tuesday in the seven-person GOP primary field.
- Washington State: The Pot Has To Be Kid-Proof
June 24 2014 7:36 PM
Gov. Jay Inslee and others, two weeks before the opening of the state's first marijuana stores, said their main goal is to keep pot from those under 21.
- Gunmen Shoot At Plane Landing At Peshawar
June 24 2014 3:33 PM
The plane was carrying 178 passengers traveling from Saudi Arabia when it came under attack, policeman Asghar Khan said at the airport.
- Tsunami Advisory For Alaska's Aleutian Islands After Underwater Quake [UPDATE]
June 23 2014 5:38 PM
A tsunami warning has been issued after powerful earthquake struck west of the islands, the U.S. Geological Survey and the AP reported.