Articles by Jeff Perlah
- Philippines Economy Grows At Slowest Pace In Over A Year
November 27 2013 11:26 PM
Exports weakened as global demand faltered, and growth will be hampered even more in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
- Why Did Israel's Markets Give Thumbs-Up To Iran Deal?
November 24 2013 11:19 PM
The blue-chip Tel Aviv 25 index climbed 0.5 percent to 1,352.04 points on news of the diplomatic effort to curb Iran's nuclear activity.
- Suspected US Drone Strike Kills 6 In Pakistan
November 20 2013 11:58 PM
One of the first drone attacks to occur outside Pakistan's tribal region, it could ignite tension between Islamabad and Washington.
- China Nov. HSBC Flash PMI Falls Slightly To 50.4
November 20 2013 10:14 PM
But for a fourth straight month, it remained above the 50 line that distinguishes expansion of activities from contraction.
- Thai Economy Posts 1.3% Q3 Growth
November 18 2013 12:04 AM
As exports have weakened over the past year, domestic and public consumption have become the main source of expansion.
- Egypt Train Crash Kills 20
November 17 2013 9:54 PM
Will this spark protests from Egyptians who claim a lack of safeguards led to several horrific crashes?
- NY To Spend $37.5 Million On LaGuardia Flood Defenses
November 17 2013 8:02 PM
Projects include building barriers around electrical systems and expanding the drainage network.
- Van Halen Rocks Jerusalem On 'South Park'
November 09 2013 11:43 AM
The band, featuring a Weeble-like David Lee Roth, sends Jews, Muslims and Christians into a frothing frenzy of coexistence.
- Disney 4Q Profit Rises As Parks, Toys, Interactive Grow
November 07 2013 6:23 PM
Space Mountain and Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster aren't the only things on the climb at Walt's company.
- Twitter Prices Initial Offering At $26 Per Share
November 06 2013 9:13 PM
The offering is a sign of Twitter's maturity, even as it contends with slowing growth.
- Mellencamp, Hill, Brooks Help Homeless Vets Find Shelter
November 06 2013 11:50 AM
Public service announcements from the three American roots-music bigwigs are airing on radio stations in 110 markets through Veterans Day.
- China Oct. PMI Points To Stabilization
November 01 2013 1:11 AM
The final HSBC/Markit Purchasing Managers' Index is up from 50.2 in September and the same as a preliminary flash estimate released last week.
- Israeli Warplanes Attack Syrian Military Target
October 31 2013 9:22 PM
A U.S. security official said the attack was in the Syrian port city of Latakia and the target was Russian-made SA-125 missiles.
- Frank Zappa: Dweezil & His Band Perform 'Roxy'
October 31 2013 3:41 AM
Dweezil Zappa's tribute band is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the "Roxy" concerts, during a year that has seen the release of many FZ classics.
- Red Sox Win World Series, Beat Cardinals In 6 Games
October 31 2013 12:57 AM
Boston wins its eighth World Series title, defeating St. Louis 4 games to 2. Ruthian slugger David Ortiz is named Series MVP.
- Another Healthcare.gov Glitch?
October 27 2013 10:32 PM
The Sunday malfunction hit the "Data Services Hub," which provides a link to databases used to determine eligibility.
- Icemen Cometh: Metallica Will Rock Antarctica
October 26 2013 12:44 AM
“The show will be transmitted to the audience via headphones with no amplification... a real first for us!” the group wrote on its website.
- Japan's Core CPI Up, Hints At End To Deflation
October 24 2013 9:38 PM
The rise is a result of higher energy costs and a weaker yen. A pick-up in domestic demand is yet to happen.
- Toyota In Another Big Recall
October 18 2013 3:51 AM
And what do spiders have to do with it?
- Obamacare Sign-Up Numbers Emerge
October 18 2013 2:10 AM
Here's a look at how Obamacare and its website have done in the first few days of operation.