Articles by Jeff Perlah
- Obama, Abe Aren't Pleased With Russia's Moves
March 07 2014 12:47 AM
During their phone conversation, the U.S president and Japan's prime minister agreed Russia's presence in Ukraine is threatening world peace.
- Hillary Clinton Clarifies Russia-Nazi Comparison
March 05 2014 10:09 PM
“What I said yesterday is that claims by President Putin" about going into Crimea recalls "claims made back in the 1930s,” Clinton said.
- US Freezes Half-Billion Of Nigerian Dictator's Loot
March 05 2014 8:43 PM
The Department of Justice called this the largest civil forfeiture case ever brought against a foreign leader by the U.S.
- S&P 500 Rebounds To Record As Ukraine-Russia Tensions Ease
March 04 2014 10:29 PM
The S&P 500 rose 1.5 percent -- its biggest gain this year -- nailing an all-time high of 1,873.91 at 4 p.m. in New York.
- High Hopes For Marijuana In Alaska
February 27 2014 10:56 PM
The Last Frontier could be the third state to legalize the sale and recreational use of pot after a primary election Aug. 17.
- Japan Feb. Factory PMI Growth Slows, Core CPI Up 1.3%
February 27 2014 8:26 PM
The data suggests a slight slowdown in factory output prior to the sales tax being raised to 8 percent in April.
- Bank Of America Disputes $2.1B Claim In 'High Speed Swim Lane' Suit
February 27 2014 12:21 AM
Lawyers for the bank said the government's request "contradicts every pertinent legal principle."
- Pro-Assad Forces Led By Hezbollah Kill 175 Rebels
February 26 2014 6:30 PM
Many of the fighters killed in the ambush on the outskirts of Damascus belonged to the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front.
- Jan. China Home Prices: A Cooling Market
February 23 2014 11:43 PM
Home price rises eased for the first time in 14 months as the government's campaign to rein in property risk may be working.
- Netflix Will Pay Comcast For Faster Streaming Speeds
February 23 2014 8:25 PM
Netflix and Comcast said they've been "working collaboratively over many months" to strike an agreement.
- Pussy Riot Slams Putin In Olympics Music Video [WATCH]
February 21 2014 1:39 AM
The video is the first music project from Pussy Riot since being released from prison colonies last year.
- China Feb. Flash PMI Hits 7-month Low As Factory Activity Shrinks
February 19 2014 10:13 PM
The preliminary index for February got smaller in all categories except for suppliers' delivery times.
- Police Taser Deaf Man Trying To Communicate With ASL
February 16 2014 11:35 PM
When the Hawthorne, Calif., cops told Jonathan Meister to stop loading boxes into his car, Meister couldn't hear the order.
- Japan Q4 GDP Grows 0.3%
February 16 2014 7:40 PM
Firm private consumption and a boost in capital spending led to a fourth straight quarter of expansion.
- China Jan. CPI Slightly Higher Than Forecast
February 13 2014 9:36 PM
Meanwhile, the PPI experienced its biggest drop since August 2013 by falling 1.6 percent in January from a year earlier.
- 2Pac Movie Heading Back to Production With John Singleton As Director
February 13 2014 1:53 AM
John Singleton, the director of the 2Pac biopic: “His passing deeply affected my life as well as countless people in this world."
- Why Regulators Will Scrutinize Comcast's $45.2B Buy Of Time Warner Cable
February 12 2014 10:43 PM
The proposed deal will produce increased efficiency, but would also likely lead to a near-monopoly market share.
- McCartney, Starr Shine At 50th Anniversary Of Beatles' US TV Debut
February 10 2014 1:06 AM
Of course, most of the evening's best musical moments were provided by the two surviving Beatles.
- 'Operation Angry Birds' Busts NY Cockfighting Ring
February 09 2014 10:20 PM
As many as 3,000 pissed-off roosters were rescued, 70 people were rounded up and nine people were arrested.
- China Jan. Services PMI Retreats To 50.7
February 06 2014 9:45 PM
It's the last of China's four monthly PMIs, and all have pointed to economic growth quieting in January on easing demand.