Articles by Jeff Stone
- Rod Blagojevich ... History Teacher?
March 16 2013 2:08 PM
It's been one year since Rod Blagojevich began his 14-year sentence on corruption charges.
- ESPN Suspends Bill Simmons From Twitter After Grantland Chief Criticizes 'First Take'
March 15 2013 8:41 PM
Deadspin reported Thursday that the sports writer and host of “The B.S. Report” podcast would be taking an ESPN-mandated break from Twitter, where he criticized fellow network personality Skip Bayless.
- Ohio Rape Trial Witness Testifies He Recorded Sexual Assault
March 15 2013 3:35 PM
A star witness for the prosecution took the stand Friday morning in trial of two teenage football players accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in Steubenville, Ohio.
- Matthew Keys, Reuters Social Media Editor, Charged With Helping Anonymous Hackers Breach LA Times Website
March 14 2013 7:41 PM
Officials from the U.S. Department of Justice announced Thursday that Matthew Keys, a journalist and social media editor for Thomson Reuters, has been charged with conspiring to attack a website with hackers from the Anonymous collective.
- Alternative For Exiled Google Reader Users
March 14 2013 5:48 PM
Intrepid Internet users who logged onto their Google Reader account Wednesday were met with the harsh reality that the beloved RSS service, widely considered the best online, will no longer be available past July 1. Luckily there are a slew of other services that will be thrilled to accommodate the exiled mass of Google users.
- Spy Agencies To Get Unlimited Access To Americans' Financial Records
March 13 2013 9:45 PM
The new proposal will give U.S. intelligence agencies unprecedented access to records at banks, wire transfer agencies and securities dealers.
- Strong Bones: Medieval Knight's Skeleton Discovered
March 13 2013 8:45 PM
Fresh off the finding of King Richard III's remains and a debate over Stonehenge’s prehistoric significance, British archaeologists think they’ve discovered a medieval knight's skeleton.
- Steubenville Rape Trial Begins With Graphic Account From Prosecutor
March 13 2013 6:07 PM
Prosecutor Marianne Hemmeter calls case "simple and direct," introducing damning evidence for viewers in courtroom and online.
- Steubenville 'Rape Crew' Trial Begins Wednesday; Defense To Claim Consent Despite Intoxication
March 12 2013 10:24 PM
After months of national media publicity and social media sparring the “rape crew” trial is scheduled to begin Wednesday in Steubenville, Ohio.
- Ewald-Heinrich Von Kleist, Last Surviving Anti-Hitler Plotter, Dies At 90
March 12 2013 7:33 PM
Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist, the last survivor of the failed 1944 plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler died Friday in his Munich home at age 90.
- Illinois Sinkhole Swallows Golfer, Who Describes 'Freefalling' Into 'Darkness'
March 12 2013 6:26 PM
Less than two weeks after a Florida sinkhole pulled a man out of his bed and beneath the earth’s surface a golfer in Illinois narrowly escaped a similar fate.
- Missouri Manhunt For 3 Escaped Inmates
March 12 2013 3:34 PM
Manhunt launched in southeastern Missouri on Tuesday for three inmates who escaped overnight from Butler County Jail.