- NASA Probe To Explore Mars' Water Disappearance
September 22 2014 1:48 PM
NASA's MAVEN probe will assess whether water on Mars evaporated or froze 3.5 billion years ago.
- 4Chan Threatens Emma Watson With 'Fappening' Countdown Clock
September 22 2014 10:26 AM
Hackers on 4Chan have threatened to leak nude pictures of actress Emma Watson in four days' time.
- Popcorn Time Clouds Legal Questions With Netflix-Like Display
September 20 2014 3:19 PM
The Popcorn Time torrent software has sought to usurp the Pirate Bay with a Netflix-inspired interface.
- Pirate Bay Goes To College
September 19 2014 6:15 PM
Cash-strapped students are posting PDF files of popular, expensive textbooks on illicit torrent sites.
- Ustream CEO Brad Hunstable On The State of Live Streaming
September 19 2014 1:07 PM
CEO Brad Hunstable founded Ustream with the aim of helping soldiers connect with family at home.
- Home Depot Hack Puts 56M Payment Cards At Risk
September 19 2014 10:18 AM
Home Depot will spend $62 million to clean up from the data breach that lasted from April through September.
- Australian Drops First iPhone 6, World Gasps
September 19 2014 9:02 AM
Jack Cocksey was one of the first people in Perth to have an iPhone 6, only to drop it on camera.
- Amazon Outbids Google For .Buy Top-Level Domain
September 18 2014 11:32 AM
Amazon's $4.6 million bid was enough to win an ICANN auction.
- Apple Enables 'Kill Switch' For New Mobile Devices
September 18 2014 9:21 AM
Regulators have long called for such a move, complaining that cell phone companies have done too little to discourage theft.
- Drones Create 3-D Models Of Ancient Mayan Temples
September 17 2014 5:16 PM
Quadcopters and LIDAR technology are revolutionizing archaeology.
- Peter Thiel Says Apple Needs 'Breakthrough' Product
September 17 2014 11:09 AM
Thiel, a respected voice in Silicon Valley, thinks Apple needs to do better than the Apple Watch and Apple Pay.
- Classified Satellite Launches Under Cloudy Skies
September 17 2014 9:33 AM
Observers have speculated that the CLIO satellite's secret mission has to do with communication.
- Facebook Triumphs In Energized Scottish Debate
September 16 2014 3:59 PM
Facebook has tallied more than 10 million "interactions" as Scots prepare to vote on independence.
- FBI Beefs Up Facial Recognition, Biological Identification
September 16 2014 3:42 PM
A database of criminal and civilian images makes up the next phase of the FBI's Next Generation ID system.
- US Surveillance Requests Jumped 250% Since 2009: Google
September 16 2014 10:53 AM
Egypt, Indonesia and several other countries demanded Google user information for the first time in 2014.
- Nasdaq's Facebook Flub Pushed Alibaba To NYSE
September 16 2014 8:56 AM
Alibaba, which unveils its IPO this week, didn't trust Nasdaq enough to list on that exchange.
- Ad Block Software Used By 144M Monthly Users, Report Finds
September 15 2014 4:52 PM
Use of ad blocking software has exploded among people of all ages, sexes and throughout the world.
- Comcast Denies Threatening Anonymous Web Users
September 15 2014 2:11 PM
"Our customers can use the Internet for anything they want," a Comcast spokesman said.
- For This British Newspaper, The 'Right To Be Forgotten' Is Censorship
September 15 2014 9:22 AM
A British artist presumably pushed to have the Worcester News remove an article showing one of his older paintings.
- Facebook Forces Drag Queens To Use Real Names, Creating Controversy
September 12 2014 3:38 PM
Cross-dressing performers are asking Facebook not to discriminate, but the real issue is money.