- Putin Denies Investigating Internet 'Kill Switch' Idea
October 01 2014 11:03 AM
Russian government websites must do more to protect themselves from cyber-attacks, President Vladimir Putin said.
- California Passes Drone Law To Stop The 'Pedorazzi'
October 01 2014 9:04 AM
Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill aimed at preventing the invasion of privacy across California.
- Hackers Stole 'Gears Of War,' Apache Helicopter Secrets
September 30 2014 4:58 PM
Two of four accused hackers pleaded guilty to fraud and copyright infringement Tuesday.
- Pirate Bay Offers Free Movies, But Viruses Might Be Included
September 30 2014 1:32 PM
The Pirate Bay tends to attract malicious advertisers, and administrators have either failed to do their due diligence or simply ignored the risk.
- 100,000 Hong Kong Protesters Download 'FireChat' App
September 30 2014 9:29 AM
The California-based FireChat app's popularity exploded over a 24-hour period.
- Police Officer Shot In Ferguson; Search For Suspects Under Way
September 27 2014 11:11 PM
The officer's wounds are not believed to be life-threatening. Meanwhile, two suspects in the case are subjects of a manhunt.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Raises Engine Noise Through Car Speakers
September 27 2014 11:06 PM
The Mustang's so-called Active Noise Control has raised automotive critics' eyebrows.
- Looking For Kim Jong Un? Follow The Cheese
September 27 2014 9:46 PM
Kim Jong Un has a taste for the finest Swiss cheese and Russian vodka, former aides say.
- Key & Peele's Mr. Garvey Topic Of Movie Negotiations
September 27 2014 7:58 PM
Key and Peele's hugely popular Mr. Garvey could soon bring his substitute teacher act to a movie.
- Tennessee Detention Center Sees Second Escape This Month
September 27 2014 7:31 PM
Officials say the Woodland Hills Youth Development Center is working to fix security lapses.
- 'Beam Me Up': James Traficant's Best Quotes
September 27 2014 4:45 PM
James Traficant, with his grey wig and outlandish quotes, will be remembered long past his death.
- With Thom Yorke, BitTorrent Aims To Reduce Piracy
September 27 2014 10:57 AM
BitTorrent Inc. hopes releasing torrent packages like "Tomorrow's Modern Boxes" will reduce the Pirate Bay's influence.
- Starboard Ruffled Feathers Before Recommending Yahoo, AOL Merger
September 26 2014 5:10 PM
Starboard Value LP, the activist hedge fund, has previously ruffled feathers at Olive Garden, Office Depot and AOL.
- 'Vast Majority' Of Users Safe From Shellshock Hack: Apple
September 26 2014 10:30 AM
Shellshock, which takes advantage of a Bash security flaw, does put some OS X customers at risk.
- Intel Invests $1.5B In Chinese Chipmakers
September 26 2014 9:31 AM
Intel hopes to catch up to Qualcomm in chips powering mobile devices.
- FBI 'Very Concerned' About Apple, Google Privacy Measures
September 25 2014 4:27 PM
FBI Director James Comey admonished Apple for using iOS 8's security as a marketing tool.
- ISIS Propaganda Campaign Could Be Their Achilles' Heel
September 25 2014 3:49 PM
If citizen journalists have been able to identify the location of Islamic State fighters, U.S. officials probably can too.
- Is Your Computer About To Suffer 'Shellshock'?
September 25 2014 11:46 AM
The latest widespread security hack could be far more dangerous than what cybersecurity have ever seen — including this year's 'Heartbleed' hack.
- The 'Stingray' Surveillance Method Cops Won't Talk About
September 24 2014 5:54 PM
State and federal police insist Stingray technology is essential to fight terrorism, but privacy questions persist.
- Larry Ellison's Pay Cut By 15% In Final Year As Oracle CEO
September 24 2014 11:14 AM
Larry Ellison was unpopular with Oracle shareholders before he stepped down last week as its CEO.