Articles by Malik Singleton
- Mongolian Oil Company Buys 20% Stake In North Korean Refinery
June 18 2013 4:30 PM
The refinery will start operations next year and Mongolia will re-import the refined products to meet demand.
- Global Seafood Prices Have Surged - And That's No Fish Story
June 18 2013 3:33 PM
The U.N.'s global fish price index has jumped 15 percent in May compared to a year ago.
- Starbucks To Post Calories For Beverages On Menus
June 18 2013 12:46 PM
Beginning June 25, customers at more than 11,000 Starbucks locations in the U.S. will be able to see how many calories are in a Frappuccino.
- Nepal-India Pipeline Close To Start
June 18 2013 12:43 PM
India and Nepal will construct a pipeline to drastically cut fuel transport costs to the small Himalayan nation.
- US Consumer Prices Rose Slightly In May
June 18 2013 8:47 AM
In the past year, prices are up 1.4% - or well within the Federal Reserve's "comfort zone" for inflation.
- Ford Makes India Its SUV Production Hub
June 17 2013 4:18 PM
Ford is using targeted production plants to respond to growing demand for mini-SUVs in the Indian market.
- Netflix And Dreamworks Partner To Deliver Original Animated Shows
June 17 2013 1:27 PM
The companies announce a major deal in hyper-competitive streaming animated family-programming market.
- Day 1: Airbus Orders Outpace Boeing At Paris Air Show
June 17 2013 11:51 AM
Airbus announced orders worth $18.3 billion to Boeing's $6.1 billion at the 50th Le Bourget Air Show in Paris.
- Judge From Microsoft Antitrust Case Dead at 76
June 17 2013 9:54 AM
The federal judge who ruled in 2000 that Microsoft was a monopoly, Thomas Penfield Jackson, died Saturday due to cancer complications.
- Will NASA's Budget Leave Space Exploration To Private Sector?
June 15 2013 10:08 AM
One of the first results of the new budget cap could be "no funding for an asteroid rendezvous mission."
- Good News Is Good News; So-So News Is Good News, Too
June 14 2013 5:12 PM
Indicators such as consumer confidence and initial jobless claims are trending positively overall, even if mixed week to week.
- US Firms Showed Profits By Using Full Year's Tax Credit All In Q1
June 14 2013 12:01 PM
When Congress renewed a tax credit, it apparently made some of the missed benefits available retroactively.