Articles by Malik Singleton
- Dow Told To Pay $1.2 Billion In Price Fixing Case
May 16 2013 3:46 PM
Federal judge rejects Dow's request to overturn a February verdict, tripling the $400 million owed to $1.2 billion.
- BP Fights Back Against 'Fictitious' Oil Spill Claims
May 16 2013 1:46 PM
The oil and gas giant says false and excessive claims are putting its finances at risk, possibly inviting a takeover.
- RBS To Cut 1,400 Jobs Over 2 Years At UK Head Offices
May 16 2013 11:29 AM
The lender says the job reductions are part of efforts to restructure its retail division's head office and customer-facing positions remain.
- First-Time Jobless Claims Surge Above Expectations
May 16 2013 8:44 AM
The number of initial jobless claims rose dramatically last week and the key four-week moving average also increased.
- Auto Repos and Late Car Payments Are On The Rise: Experian
May 15 2013 4:47 PM
Dealers and lenders are once again selling cars to people who are bad credit risks, but trend still below recession levels.
- NY Fed Says Region's Manufacturing Down Sharply In May
May 15 2013 1:58 PM
The New York region's factories took a hit as stores scaled back inventories and prices for products declined.
- Work Resumes At Bangladesh Factories Against Wal-Mart's Demands
May 14 2013 9:10 PM
Owners paint over cracks and resume work in a factory adjacent to unstable building.
- Ranbaxy To Pay $500 Million To Quiet Criminal, Civil Cases In US
May 14 2013 9:08 PM
Ranbaxy USA accepted three felony counts of adulterating its drugs as well as four felony charges that it knowingly lied to the FDA.
- EU Raids BP, Shell, Statoil Offices Over Price Fixing
May 14 2013 6:13 PM
The EU is investigating whether oil giants colluded in reporting distorted prices to fix market prices for oil.
- Lonmin Workers Walk Out To Protest Shooting Of Union Member
May 14 2013 3:46 PM
National Union of Mineworkers believes the strike against Lonmin is in reaction to the killing of a veteran worker from its rival union.
- Chevron Strikes Back At Law Firm's Three Suits Against It
May 14 2013 7:21 AM
The energy giant is flexing its corporate muscle against the law firm, alleging acts of corruption, bribery and false representation.
- Iran To Build Oil Refineries In 6 African Countries
May 13 2013 1:18 PM
Iran's top energy official says each new refinery would have the capacity to generate 20,000 barrels per day.