- As student leaders prepare to meet with the territory's government, the differences between the two remain unresolved.
- One of the main groups behind the protests have blamed government forces for failing to rein in pro-Beijing people.
- As officials seek out at least 80 people who had contact with patient Thomas E. Duncan, school attendance in Dallas drops 10 percent.
- In condemning the protesters, an editorial in the People's Daily used a word with deep resonance in modern Chinese history.
- Despite the stall in business due to Occupy protests, Hong Kong is well positioned to maintain its status as a major financial center.
- Government officials refused, however, to meet if students insisted on preconditions.