Articles by Maya Shwayder
- Edward Snowden’s Q&A: What The Internet Said Today
June 17 2013 4:28 PM
Edward Snowden graced the Internet with his presence today. How did Twitter react?
- Barbra Streisand Rips On Discriminatory Jewish Practices
June 17 2013 12:26 PM
Streisand is in Israel for some concerts, and while touring the country dropped a few choice words for the Orthodox Jewish community.
- US OK With Results Of Iran Election
June 17 2013 11:54 AM
The U.S. congratulated Iran President-elect Rowhani among hopes that the moderate win will change Iran's course.
- Turkey Threatens Military Action Against Strike
June 17 2013 11:16 AM
Several Turkish officials threatened to send out the army in response to a massive one-day strike by several Turkish labor unions.
- China Asks US To Explain Internet Surveillance
June 17 2013 10:32 AM
In the wake of Edward Snowden's allegations the the U.S. was also spying on Chinese citizens, China has demanded an explanation.
- Obama Approval Rating Plummets
June 17 2013 9:51 AM
A new CNN poll released Monday reveals that most Americans don't approve of their president, in the wake of the NSA scandal.
- Russia Says No To Syria No-Fly Zone, Again
June 17 2013 8:41 AM
Russia is maintaining its firm pro-Assad government stance, despite increasing opposition from member nations at the upcoming G-8 summit.
- Bomb Explodes Near Military Airport Outside Damascus
June 16 2013 6:29 PM
A car-bomb explosion is believed to be the cause of a fire near a military airport outside Damascus Sunday night.
- Dozens Killed In Attack On Women In Pakistan
June 16 2013 3:36 PM
A suicide bomber targeted a bus carrying female students to university, and then the hospital serving the wounded was attacked.
- Egypt Pulls Its Ambassador From Syria
June 16 2013 2:09 PM
President Morsi announced he is closing the Egyptian Embassy in Damascus and fully supporting the Syrian rebels.
- 5 EgyptAir Passengers From Diverted Flight Seek UK Asylum
June 16 2013 12:27 PM
Scottish police say five passengers on the diverted EgyptAir flight are trying to stay in Scotland.
- Many Iranians Rejoice After Election, But Israel Has Doubts
June 16 2013 11:57 AM
Hassan Rowhani's victory shows a clear mandate for change in Iran, but Israel's prime minister warns against wishful thinking.