Articles by Meg McDonnell
- Election Of Pope Francis Gives Hope For Unity
March 13 2013 6:58 PM
Though the significance of his papacy is yet to be seen, a look at this cardinal’s life gives continued hope.
- Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, Papacy Still A Guide For Our Times
February 11 2013 8:57 PM
Less than eight years ago, the last time the seat of the Roman Pontiff was vacant, I happened to be living in Rome.
- Reviving A Dating Culture
May 02 2012 1:14 PM
?Why is it that so many of these eligible men and women we know who say that marriage is in their future aren?t even dating??
- Finding Jane Austen Style Love In A Contemporary World
April 11 2012 2:33 PM
Over the past decade, much ink has been spilled on the perils of the hook-up culture and the hazards of cohabitation.
- Sandra Fluke Sparks Debate on Sexual Health of University Students
March 05 2012 4:01 PM
Thanks to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, the sex life of students, and women, has become the new hot topic. Called to testify for the defense of Democratic leaders and their contraception mandate, Fluke argued the health of women takes precedence over religious liberty.
- Catholics and First Amendment Rights: The Battle for Religious Freedom
January 25 2012 5:04 PM
President Barack Obama sure does have a knack for contradicting himself.
- 21st Century Changes on the Road to Adulthood
November 17 2011 2:09 PM
There’s been an upsurge of reporting on the happenings of young Americans. If the news isn’t reporting on the recession’s impact on fresh graduates, they’re noting that young Americans are marrying later in life and suffering from what some call “failure to launch syndrome.” As the New York Times so recently, and aptly, asked: “What is it about Twenty-Somethings?”