Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Why India's Gold Sector Plans To Protest Government Policy
March 05 2014 1:19 PM
Up to 500,000 stores are expected to take part in the demonstration.
- Facebook Is Worth More Than Its Weight In Gold, Sort Of
March 05 2014 10:19 AM
For Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp buy, investors could buy the entire South African gold mining industry, according to one gold analyst.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- Sprint And US Gov't In Wiretap Billing Dispute
March 04 2014 8:23 AM
The government alleges that Sprint inflated expenses related to wiretap equipment mandated by the government, to the tune of $21 million.
- At GE, A Shift Toward Serving Local Power Market
March 03 2014 1:27 PM
The company launched a $1.4 billion distributed power business in late February.
- Why Investors Are Rotating To Gold Again
March 03 2014 8:21 AM
Once again, the precious metal is being favored as a safe haven, in light of the Ukraine crisis.
- EPA Leans Against Alaska Pebble Project
March 02 2014 10:53 AM
A 404(c) review of the project could signal the end of what might have been North America’s largest open pit mine.
- The Private Equity Recruiting Rush Has Begun
February 28 2014 11:10 AM
The hunt for fresh Wall Street talent reflects fewer top job seekers in the finance sector, as Ivy League grads head for tech and other fields.
- Bitcoin Blues - MtGox Ends In Bankruptcy
February 28 2014 8:07 AM
The exchange said it lost 850,000 bitcoins because of hackers.
- Google Sows Seeds For Google Glass Applications In Agriculture
February 27 2014 2:51 PM
Google’s much-hyped electronic frames could be of use to farmers.
- Here's The Lowdown On Indian E-Commerce From Snapdeal's CEO
February 27 2014 11:35 AM
India’s online retail market could triple to 500 billion rupees by 2016.
- Big Data On The Farm: FarmLogs CEO Q&A
February 26 2014 3:06 PM
FarmLogs helps farmers optimize harvests with modern mobile technology.
- Even Amid Consumers' Profit-Taking, Turkish Gold Demand Remains Robust
February 26 2014 10:50 AM
Gold demand rose the third fastest in the world in Turkey in 2013, for consumers.
- Drugs And Money Laundering: Q&A With Former Fed Bob Mazur
February 26 2014 6:00 AM
Mazur is an outspoken critic of the way governments and banks combat money laundering, the drug cartels' lifeblood.
- US Housing Recovery Slows Down, With A Cloudy Outlook
February 25 2014 12:20 PM
Yale University economics professor Robert Shiller said an annual fall in home prices is a potential threat in 2014, if several risks converge.
- What The GOP Is Likely To Protest About FATCA Tax Reform
February 25 2014 5:45 AM
Republicans will press criticism of the ambitious tax evasion crackdown during 2014 elections.
- Arctic Gold Mining: Risks And Rewards
February 24 2014 11:27 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines’ Meadowbank gold mine saw record production in 2013.
- Activist Investors Made More Money Than Passive Funds: Goldman
February 21 2014 12:58 PM
Activist campaigns targeting corporations have also been on the rise, according to Goldman Sachs analysts.
- SEC Eyes Whistle-blower Protection Expansion
February 21 2014 12:15 PM
At issue is whether employees can report securities fraud directly to their employers, or whether they must first inform regulators.