Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- Silver Investor Products Show Modest Gain, Even As Silver Prices Plunge
December 09 2013 2:59 PM
Silver prices have fallen over 30 percent since January, but investors have migrated modestly to the metal after an equally bad year for gold.
- Sysco & US Foods Merge - Food Distributor For The Postmodern Era
December 09 2013 11:30 AM
The two food companies lauded the synergy benefits they would receive thanks to the deal.
- A Platinum Pinch In 2014?
December 09 2013 10:51 AM
High costs at South African platinum mine companies mean that supplies will be limited in the near future.
- Cerberus Comes Closer To Selling Newtown Gun Maker
December 09 2013 8:06 AM
Activists planned to protest outside the private equity firm’s New York headquarters on Monday.
- Private Equity Sees Whether It Likes Socially Responsible Investing
December 06 2013 4:38 PM
Private equity dealmakers have slowly become aware that the greater good could make a real difference to their buyouts, exits and investments.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Australia Company Taps All WTC Retail Space
December 06 2013 10:06 AM
Global shopping-mall operator Westfield Group paid $1.4 billion for the privilege.
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- Bitcoin: Interest From Wall Street Grows
December 05 2013 1:23 PM
Two major Wall Street banks penned their initial thoughts on bitcoin as a serious global currency this week.
- Thanksgiving Discounts May Be Myth For Most Retail Products
December 05 2013 11:50 AM
Detailed pricing research shows that many retailers didn’t discount deeply going into Thanksgiving 2013.
- Is A US Pension Crisis Up Ahead?
December 05 2013 10:11 AM
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said underfunded pensions should be a top U.S. economic priority.
- The Financial And Equity Worlds According To BlackRock CEO Larry Fink
December 04 2013 4:09 PM
Fink did not mince words about Fed policy and the stock market with a New York audience.
- The Greek Economy's Glaring Social Cost
December 04 2013 9:29 AM
Almost a quarter of Greeks are at risk of poverty, according to recent Greek government statistics.
- YUM!'s China Solution
December 04 2013 8:29 AM
Fast-food experts are asking whether the KFC owner can recover from its sales plunge in China.
- Cyber Monday Breaks Records
December 03 2013 11:05 AM
Online retailers shrugged off a mediocre overall retail environment to rake in big sales increases.
- How Low Can Gold Go In 2014?
December 03 2013 8:24 AM
Those of you who piled into gold on a Glenn Beck-inspired belief that the U.S. dollar would collapse should meditate on this analysis.
- General Electric At A Crucial Turning Point: Barclays
December 02 2013 5:14 PM
General Electric’s fate is now in the hands of company management, since stock bears and bulls have an equally powerful case on fundamentals.
- Ukraine’s Ties With Russia And EU: What’s At Stake
December 02 2013 1:20 PM
Has Vladimir Putin overplayed his admittedly powerful hand in dealing with a major southwestern neighbor?
- Trade Chinese Stocks & Copper, In Opposite Directions: Goldman Sachs
December 02 2013 11:01 AM
The bank said this top trade for 2014 best framed risks and rewards related to Chinese economic growth and commodity market risks.
- Pebble Mine Developer Makes Pitch For Partner, But Also Says He Can Do It Alone
November 27 2013 7:17 AM
Northern Dynasty CEO Ron Thiessen spoke with IBTimes about the Alaskan copper mine proposal.