Articles by Nat Rudarakanchana
- High-Speed Trader Slows Down IPO
April 18 2014 9:54 AM
The move comes after Michael Lewis wrote a critical, high-profile book on high-speed trading, which he claims rigs financial markets.
- European Companies Strike Out Against Tougher Russian Sanctions
April 17 2014 4:05 PM
European oil giants led the way against tougher sanctions on Russia, where they operate several projects.
- In Japan, A Gold 'Rush' Ahead Of A Tax Increase
March 31 2014 12:16 PM
On Tuesday, Japan’s sales tax is slated to rise from 5 percent to 8 percent.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Robot Trading Blamed For 'Flash Crash' In Gold
March 28 2014 11:02 AM
One prominent analyst cites the effects of high-volume computerized trading.
- Vietnamese Farmers Hoard Coffee As Robusta Beans Grow In Popularity
March 27 2014 11:33 PM
Some farmers in Vietnam may hold their coffee beans as a hedge against inflation in local currency.
- China Rare Earth Exports Challenged By WTO
March 27 2014 1:53 PM
The WTO ruled that Chinese exports of environmentally damaging rare earth elements shouldn’t be artificially manipulated by the government.
- Gold’s Safe Haven Allure Returns, For Now
March 27 2014 1:12 PM
Gold prices have risen over tensions in Ukraine. Are the recent gains sustainable? Or Pyrrhic?
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Why Germany's Central Bank Is Discussing Gold Repatriation Progress
March 26 2014 10:29 AM
A German central bank official criticized certain speculation about the central bank's motives as “wild and ridiculous conspiracy theories.”
- Oil Drill Rig Down? There’s An App For That
March 26 2014 6:20 AM
General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt has publicized the maintenance app for oil companies in a LinkedIn post.
- Here's How The Coffee Market Can Determine What Kind You Drink
March 25 2014 11:53 AM
Robusta coffee has won over consumers more quickly than its established rival Arabica coffee.
- Emerging Market Stocks - Next Asset Class For The Hot Money?
March 25 2014 9:43 AM
Emerging market stocks represent startling good value for those willing to brave geopolitical risk, according to a New York investment bank.
- Coffee Drinking Survey Shows Young People Enjoy Gourmet Coffee
March 22 2014 7:31 PM
One executive said the coffee industry will have to compete more fiercely against energy drinks to keep young consumers drinking coffee.
- Here's A Study That Coffee Addicts Will Love
March 21 2014 1:39 PM
A 2013 study found that data collected on about 500,000 subjects point toward coffee’s positive impact on at least one vital organ.
- Sustainable Coffee – Trendy Catchphrase Only Captures Small Slice
March 20 2014 8:37 PM
One controversial October 2013 report from KPMG even concluded that sustainable coffee farming can marginalize poorer farmers who can’t afford demanded upgrades.
- You'll Never Guess Which Market Starbucks Aims To Take Over Next
March 19 2014 2:18 PM
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has set his eyes on a good-sized sector, though the company is only just starting to build inroads.
- Why JPMorgan Is Selling Its Commodities Business
March 19 2014 11:00 AM
The business could be valued at $3.3 billion, though other sources said it was worth $2.5 billion.
- Here's How US Silver Jewelry Performed In 2013
March 19 2014 6:56 AM
Half of silver jewelry purchases involve women buying jewelry for themselves, according to the survey.
- A New Frontier For General Electric
March 18 2014 11:48 AM
We spoke with Christine Furstoss, the company’s technology director for manufacturing and materials.